Moments of Foreshadowing 5

Fire Eater

I don't know how to do spoiler box'

but I thought GRRM had offered to read a damphair chapter from TWOW at a con?

If so surely he ant dead....yet?

forgive me if I am wrong.

That was Tristifer's statement, I wasn't describing it as true. Now that I think on it, add Balon-Euron to the mix, with a brother who was far away from home at sea as a pirate arranged to have his lordly brother killed, and invert you have Gerion being the brother who had been long away from home as a pirate while his lordly brother, Tywin, arranged his murder (unsuccessful).

About my thoery of Shiera Seastar being foreshadowing Shiera Seastar for Tyrion and Dany's daughter, I found more clues. Shiera's father, Aegon IV, was brother to Queen Naerys and Aemon the Dragonknight. Their story is a historical parallel for Cersei and Jaime (queen having affair with brother who is member of KG and father of her children including the king), who are Tyrion's siblings. Tyrion and Dany will have a daughter.

About my thoery of Shiera Seastar being foreshadowing Shiera Seastar for Tyrion and Dany's daughter, I found more clues. Shiera's father, Aegon IV, was brother to Queen Naerys and Aemon the Dragonknight. Their story is a historical parallel for Cersei and Jaime (queen having affair with brother who is member of KG and father of her children including the king), who are Tyrion's siblings. Tyrion and Dany will have a daughter.

while you are a foreshadowing god, I really hope you're wrong about this one! Dany+Tyrion skeeves me out on levels I cannot fully express. My brain needs a very hot shower to wash off the ick factor.

Queen Alysane had visited Castle Black on her Dragon and Jaehaerys her King had come after on his own. Could Silverwing have left an egg behind?

I think the egg refers to Aegon V's nickname, Egg, who was a prince and future king disguised as someone of humbler origins. The egg left behind is Jon, Egg's descendant and future king disguised (unknowingly) as someone of humbler origins.

while you are a foreshadowing god, I really hope you're wrong about this one! Dany+Tyrion skeeves me out on levels I cannot fully express. My brain needs a very hot shower to wash off the ick factor.

Me too. Ugh~

Also he doesn't exactly seem like Dany's type - she seems to like them 6 feet tall and nicely muscled with tons of brawn and not so much wit o.o

Queen Alysane had visited Castle Black on her Dragon and Jaehaerys her King had come after on his own. Could Silverwing have left an egg behind?

I think the egg refers to Aegon V's nickname, Egg, who was a prince and future king disguised as someone of humbler origins. The egg left behind is Jon, Egg's descendant and future king disguised (unknowingly) as someone of humbler origins.

I have wondered if Doreah's story had anything to do with Aegon and his two sister wives...a thousand dragons poured forth (the descendants of Aegon & Rhaenys)? (And one day descendants of Aegon and Visenya will return? But Maegor has no descendants)

Or is this quote regarding Aegon IV and the Blackfyres(and the dragons will return)?

‘He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi,’ the Lysene girl said. ‘Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire of the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return.’

As a followup thought to the quote provided in the above post:

Dany = Moon (of my life)

Drogo = Sun (and stars)

Perhaps their union heralded the literal return of the literal dragons (Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion)?

Or maybe Quentyn = Sun, and Dany kissing him on the cheek in DwD heralds the return of the 'dragons', whoever they may be? Be that Jon, Aegon, or whoever else may make up the 3 heads..

Storm, Arya I, Arya finds some corpses hanging from a row of apple trees, says her prayer, concludes it with valar morghulis, plucks an overripe and mushy apple and eats it, worms and all. Tells us she's not afraid of death and forshadows meeting with the Kindly Man.

In Arya III of Storm she dreams she's alone except for a pack of wolves outside WF. She's up to her knees in mud. As she tries to reach the gates each step gets harder and the castle fades fron granite to smoke.

I used to think this was just an echo of her difficulty in trying to get home. But with other hints at Arya's doom this dream now seems to forshadow tha Arya will never return home.

Me too. Ugh~

Also he doesn't exactly seem like Dany's type - she seems to like them 6 feet tall and nicely muscled with tons of brawn and not so much wit o.o

ya, she's young and shallow. I wouldn't want her with someone more intelligent than her. She's trying to be Queen in her own right, having an intelligent husband/consort would transfer too much power to him IMO, where if she wins, I think she should have the power, a Nymeria 2.0 in a way. Having someone like Daario (comes off as hot but dumb) would be better than Tyrion (ugly but smart and cunning).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from AFFC, Cersei II, page 140...

"Bad enough she must wear mourning again. Black had never been a happy colour on her; with her fair skin it made her look half a corpse herself"

I always took this to mean Cersei would still be dressed in mourning when the last of her children die, meaning she will not long outlive her children. ( I point this out because I have heard a theory that Cersei won't be killed until she is an old crone.)

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm currently doing a re-read, and I came across this exchange between Robb and Cat in AGoT that I can't believe I didn't pick up on before:

"So I don't want someone fearless, do I?"

"No. You want cold cunning, I should think, not courage."

"Roose Bolton," Robb said at once. "That man scares me."

Indeed.

In the Battle of Long Lake, Raymun Redbeard was headed south away from the Wall, and met with the Stark force marching north towards them. Lord William Stark was slain and decapitated, and William's brother, Artos, slew Raymun Redbeard in battle. The wildling army is crushed when they are taken in the rear by Lord Harmond Umber, the Drunken Giant, and Redbeard and all his sons are killed, and his line extinguished. Raymund's brother, the Red Raven, was the first to flee the battle.

This is foreshadowing when it is inverted with the wildlings fighting on the Stark side. The giants on their mammoths could take the Boltons in the rear, led by Wun Wun who had taken a liking to wine according to Jon, or the force taking the Boltons in the rear could also be the Skagosi supporting Rickon, as an inversion of the Red Raven.

The Boltons are headed north towards the Wall to retrieve "Arya" and Reek after being deceived into believing Stannis is dead. Robb Stark, who had a red beard, was slain by Roose Bolton, and decapitated. Jon, Robb's brother (cousin actually), kills Roose in battle, and avenges Robb. Ramsay is also killed in battle, and House Bolton is extinguished.

I would like to add that Raymun's brother was known as the Red Raven who fled the battle. Jon is a crow, as Aemon called, the "raven's poor cousin" who fights instead of flees. The Red Raven is a reference to Jon's sigil: a red dragon.

Can't be bothered to read all the threads, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but I noticed Bran's chat with Maester Luwin:

"Ser Rodrik should teach me to use a poleaxe. If I had a poleaxe with a big long haft, Hodor could be my legs. We could be a knight together."

"I think that . . . unlikely," Maester Luwin said. "Bran, when a man fights, his arms and legs and thoughts must be as one."

Foreshadowing Bran warging Hodor, allowing arms, legs and thoughts to be one. :)

I can just imagine Godry saying to Jon before they fight.

"I want that sword of yours!"

Then Jon replies,"Then you shall have it Ser!"

The Smiling Knight was a madman, cruelty and chivalry all jumbled up together, but he did not know the meaning of fear

He [Ramsay] should be [afraid]. Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit.

I think Jon will say that to Ramsay Bolton in a parallel to the fight between Arthur Dayne and the Smiling Knight. It is inverted with Jon wearing black to Arthur's white, and Jon wielding a sword of Valyrian steel which is a dark, smoky metal, to Dawn which is as pale as milkglass.

It will be a reference to Arthur Dayne who was at the ToJ, and from there a further reference to King Arthur and R+L=J.

Archived