A bit disappointed

Bad Hound!

Just finished ADWD, and the feeling I am left with (maybe it will pass) is that we haven't had much Bran or Sansa. Or even Arya (there were 2 chapters which is not much, essentially just her following her training). And it's been ages since we've had a Davos.

I understand that GRRM has heaps of POVs and plotlines, I get that, but these ones seem neglected somehow.

Just a feeling I am left with having just finished the book. It's not a true reflection of how I feel towards ASOIAF in general

There is in fact no Sansa in Dance... and Bran has always had only a few chapters per book, but they compensate by being awesome.

And yes, disappointment is a general feeling people have with this book, for a multitude of reasons. But you'll get over it.

Bran only got three chapters in Dance and I think they're pretty good. I guess Martin is really have difficulty writing Bran's POVs because so much magic is involve in him and he's very young. But I do hope he'll make it up in tWOW; we need to learn more about the Others, right?

You guys are right, the Bran chapters are awesome, I love them and maybe that's why I wanted more of them. But yes, GRRM has said that we will go very North in TWOW, so I am guessing some of it will involve Bran.

As for Sansa, I feel we could have had a chapter at the end of ADWD, at least once the chronology of Dance had caught up with Feast, a bit like the last Cersei chapters.

Anyway, I'm just gonna have to wait..... wish I could hibernate till TWOW is out!

(are we there yet? :closedeyes: )

The real problem is, of course, that ADWD is really only a few hundred pages long. The first five hundred or so are repurposed A Feast For Crows stuff. The imbalance is bound to make it disappointing. Those last few hundred pages though...dang. I think it's a great book though and appreciate it has a much better cliffhanger ending than Feast did. Feast felt unfinished, because for all intents and purposes, it was. Taken as a companion to Feast it's better (if perhaps far too long.)

• 4 weeks later...

Perfectly content with no news from the Vale... that's what Littlefinger wants, the Vale is in uproar but not a person outside the Vale knows that.

As for Bran, his storyline is amazing, extremely sad to see Jojen pass. He was a super cool old man...hehehe. Meera can't stay and be Bran's, they both know that, unless GRRM is planning something...

And Bad Hound as to your mention of Cersei, her last chapters in Dance were incredible. The Faith smashed her plans and turned the entire city on her, what she/Joffery did to Ned Stark was nothing compared to her "walk".

I was not disappointed by lack of storylines. I do wish that Davos had another chapter, maybe between Barristan and Dany. Barristan played a huge role in Meereen and Quentyn Martell is a fool to think he could conquer a dragon. I wanted to hear more from the Brotherhood but until Brienne showed up to see Jaime there was nothing. I want dead Freys everywhere in TWOW. And maybe a Bolton or Two. "The North Remembers, Ser Davos" Wyman Manderly, Lord of White Harbor.

• 3 months later...

Bran overload? I would hardly call 3 chapters an overload. And I would have liked more sansa.

For a Bran POV we got a lot of information. Finally, we meet the crow and find out what Bran's role is. How is to fulfill that is my question. I think Martin has to hold back on Bran, as noted before. He has much to do with the resolution. But I would dearly like to know what is up in the Vale, and what Brienne told Jaime.

Archived