Hodor?

• 1 month later...

Old Nan said that Hodor wasn't Hodor's real name. That it was something that he just started saying and nobody knew what it meant. I highly doubt that thiswon't have any importance later in the story. I think the word is significant somehow but have no idea why.

Old Nan said that Hodor wasn't Hodor's real name. That it was something that he just started saying and nobody knew what it meant. I highly doubt that thiswon't have any importance later in the story. I think the word is significant somehow but have no idea why.

watch hodor be the name of the last hero :D

Hodor might be the strongest living human in Westeros, possibly even compared to Gregor Clegane. Who know if Hodor and Ungregor will ever combat each other but it is clear, he is gentle natured but with imense physical strength (mind over matter/does not realize his own strength)

However, when Bran Wargs him, Bran is very much aware of what Hodor can do.

Does anyone else have a feeling that if Bran does warg a dragon or dragons, they might take a liking to Hodor and he would probably show no fear towards them, probably even be playful with them? I do not think for one minute that he is a Targ but his nature and the Dragons sensing it might be fun to watch. Like big pets to him or something?

Not old enough to be Dunk's descendant, unless Dunk's his grandfather you mean. The one who is clearly dunk's descendant is Brienne.

Old Nan is not Hodor's mother. She's his great-grandmother. It's not all that unlikely that Dunk's in Hodor's family tree. The next Dunk & Egg story supposedly takes place in Winterfell. There was a scene near one of the trees in Winterfell while Bran was viewing all sorts of things in the past. Old Nan's pretty much the oldest person in the series. The second-oldest has already made a cameo in the last story as a child. The end of the last Dunk & Egg story had them heading up north. I'd hoped we'd get this tale in Dangerous Women, but the novella The Princess and the Queen is going to be about the Dance of Dragons. Looks like we may have to wait a couple more years, give or take? :crying:

Archived