Peytr "Littlefinger" Baelish's letter to Cat after Brandon died.

Drezelle

When I first read about it I assumed it was just a love letter begging her to marry him but now I'm wondering what was in it. How funny would it be if the letter was something like:

"If you love me say nothing, so you will not get in trouble, and I will destroy the starks for taking you away from me. If you do not love me please write me so I can know for sure and I will move on."

lol She never even read it ..... Everything is always Catelyn fault!

The letter was actually written by Lyanna explaining why she willingly ran away with Rhaegar, and urging Brandon not to do anythinh rash. Robert's Rebellion is actually Cat's fault.

The letter was actually written by Lyanna explaining why she willingly ran away with Rhaegar, and urging Brandon not to do anythinh rash. Robert's Rebellion is actually Cat's fault.

I wouldn't be surprised :-)

I hardly see how it matters. Even if letter contained something other than idiotic teenage boy ramblings, Catelyn was fully within her right to burn it without opening, given who wrote it. If there was something important in it, it's LF who is at fault for that information being lost. If it was Lyanna's letter or a mention of Lyanna's letter (a theory that I personally don't believe in), let's not pretend that that Petyr couldn't have done something else with it other than send it to a woman who didn't want anything to do with him and whose honor he tried to besmirch.

But really, the last letter she got from Lysa was really from his influence too. And we know how THAT panned out.

Maybe better she didn't open it that time. Really, it was probably the right thing to do. Brandon spared him and it is kind of a slap in the face to open it. Honestly, I think she never opened/answered it either so he got the hint, wasn't encouraged with hope that she might write again, and got the point that challenging her fiance was not a good idea.

Man, that would be crazy if it turned out this whole destroying the Stark's business is because she didn't read the letter. Interesting concept.

I would guess that the letter would have contained a reference to them sleeping together, which would have confused the hell out of Cat!

Lol! Could you imagine if she opened it just to read a vivid description of her sister's genitals? Woud confuse the hell out of her.

Lol! Could you imagine if she opened it just to read a vivid description of her sister's genitals? Woud confuse the hell out of her.

And of course then she'd have to send a letter back!

'Dude what are you talking about? Don't know whose maidenhead you were taking but it sure as hell wasn't mine!'

Archived