Jon will meet Eddard in the afterlife

CruzaderJC

I think in the next book, Jon will meet Eddard in the afterlife. Remember Eddard PROMISED Jon he would tell him the truth about hisnmother the next time they saw each other. Assuming Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's real parents, I think Eddard may reveal this to him, or at least tell him to seek out Howland Reed.

Melissandre may bring back Jon during this time. Think about how well groomed Jon Snow will be as ruler of the kingdoms: He's half Targaryen (making him the true heir assuming Aegon is fake and Rhaegar and Lynna actually married making Jon a non-bastard), he's half Stark (making him a descendant of the First Men and also ruler of the North), he's brought to life by the Lord of Light (putting him in the company of the worshipers from Asshai and the Brotherhood without Banners), and he was the Lord Commander of the Nightwatch allied with Stannis Baratheon.

Technically, you are only with the Night's Watch until you die, in which he may actually die, but brought back to life. Therefore, he may have a huge claim to either the lordship of the North, or even the entire Seven Kingdoms. He could singlehandedly unite everyone with his background. He could easily marry Dany, possibly uniting Essos and Westeros, and becoming the King of the entire world!

First, welcome to the forum :cheers: . May you enjoy here like the rest of us.

I don't see this happening...

1. I doubt Melisandre would bring Jon 'back'. We already have foreshadowings that suggest otherwise, and it would be too repetative if it's done like the past couple of times with Beric and Cat.

2. Jon's vows wouldn't stop meaning something only because he was killed and revived. That's the techincality he wouldn't play on.

3. As for claims, he might have the one over North, and even Seven Kingdoms, but he would never take Winterfell from Rickon, as he would rather be LC than King. After all, he has more pressing issues to deal with as LC...

4. Marrying Dany? The two of them are apples and oranges, cats and dogs... They don't match, not even in opposite way...

5. King of the entire world? Too cheesy for GRRM...

I just don't see GRRM being like "oh, Jon Snow survived the stabbing." I personally think that's too far fetched and sort of a cheated cliffhanger if he just so happens to survive multiple stabbings.

So unless Jon is dead, which is unlikely as he has POVs in the next book, he survives or is brought back... Or wargs into Ghost or something.

Jon has no claim to winterfell even if he's legitimate all of Ned's children come before Lyanna's child. But as to his vows to the nights watch till death I don't think Jon will see it that way, the Starks never cared for southern lords games for the throne, Jon everytime he's being tested chose the NW, I think what maester Aemon said to him is true and his final test will come when his true identity is known and he's offered the throne but will turn it down.

I'll stop reading if we get a Jon chapter where he meets Ned in some kind of afterlife. But I'm sure that will never happen. GRRM said he will never confirm the existence of any of the several gods in the story.

Jon has no claim to winterfell even if he's legitimate all of Ned's children come before Lyanna's child. But as to his vows to the nights watch till death I don't think Jon will see it that way, the Starks never cared for southern lords games for the throne, Jon everytime he's being tested chose the NW, I think what maester Aemon said to him is true and his final test will come when his true identity is known and he's offered the throne but will turn it down.

Maybe no claim to Winterfell but he is in line for the IT.BTW this is your 666 post lol.

Jon will live through Ghost. Varamyr's prologue doesn't have much purpose if it weren't to foreshadow what could possibly happen to Jon. Ghost will be the placeholder for Jon's soul for the time being, if Jon will ever be resurrected(I could see Martin deliberately screwing us over and never having Jon return to human form).

Martin hasn't really dealt with the afterlife at all in ASOIAF. I'm not sure whether the concept even exists in relation to the Old Gods. Also IIRC, wasn't the Ned/Jon convo (where Ned promises to tell Jon who his mother is) from the show?

Beric and Cat must have seen the afterlife if there is one, but they never said anything about it. I don't think there is an afterlife in the GoT universe.

Jon will live through Ghost. Varamyr's prologue doesn't have much purpose if it weren't to foreshadow what could possibly happen to Jon. Ghost will be the placeholder for Jon's soul for the time being, if Jon will ever be resurrected(I could see Martin deliberately screwing us over and never having Jon return to human form).

Melisandre's prophecy suggests otherwise. "Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again." It might mean something else, but him returning to human form makes the most sense in my opinion.

I just don't see GRRM being like "oh, Jon Snow survived the stabbing." I personally think that's too far fetched and sort of a cheated cliffhanger if he just so happens to survive multiple stabbings.

So unless Jon is dead, which is unlikely as he has POVs in the next book, he survives or is brought back... Or wargs into Ghost or something.

How do we know he has POV's?

I think in the next book, Jon will meet Eddard in the afterlife. Remember Eddard PROMISED Jon he would tell him the truth about hisnmother the next time they saw each other. Assuming Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's real parents, I think Eddard may reveal this to him, or at least tell him to seek out Howland Reed.

That did not happen in the book. But even if it did, plenty of promises go unfulfilled. And this is not necessary because there is one other person who knows the truth about Jon's parentage and Lyanna's promise, Howland.

Sorry, sir, but this is not Harry Potter (with Jon being the latter and Eddard as Gandalf).

Gandalf was in Harry Potter? Either way, I agree with everyone else, this is not some ridiculous story where there is an afterlife. It's only a story where people change skins and faces, animals talk, and people can be brought back to life several times after they die. But there is no afterlife.

Gandalf was in Harry Potter? Either way, I agree with everyone else, this is not some ridiculous story where there is an afterlife. It's only a story where people change skins and faces, animals talk, and people can be brought back to life several times after they die. But there is no afterlife.

:laugh: I guess they cast a glamour spell on me. Dumbledore then.

Archived