Season 4 Roundup

Westeros

We’ve taken a bit of a break after the rather exhausting season 3 of the series, but of course, the production never stands still: season 4 filming is soon to commence, roles have been cast, locations selected, and more. Below, you’ll find a quick round-up of some other Game of Thrones news over the last couple of weeks, for those curious as to what’s out there and what we know so far:read on >>>

Visit the Site!

I'm hoping:

Charles Dance, Maisie Williams, Richard Madden, Iwan Rheon and Stephen Dillane.

But I know that won't happen. We'll probably get Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke, once again.

Doubt you'll get Dance Williams or Dillane. I'd say it will be Emilia Clarke Kit Harrington Michelle Fairley Richard Madden and either or both Alfie Allen and Iwan Rheon and possibly Rose Leslie

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/thrones-comic-con-panel-lineup-revealed/

Expected, yet still a bit disappointed. Seeing the same names over and over again...

Hmmm.... George said in his blog he would be there, maybe it's expected by default .... it's right in the middle of shooting so I don't expect Benioff and Weiss will ever be there again. It always seems Emilia Clarke's shooting comes late, but would think she would be getting tired of coming. Dinklage gives me the impression , while not hostile this stuff, he seems to be getting a little weary of it. Two of the actors are not constrained by shooting, tho depending on contracts they may be next year. I don't think Bradley been before. Kind of like to see some new faces , if they are available.

Always The Emmys later part of September which will still be during shooting, I don't know how they plan for that.

It's interesting that Michelle Fairley will be there when there is still so much confusion among the fanbase about the whole Lady Stoneheart storyline. It seems like the kind of thing that could come up in the Q & A (isn't there usually one of those?).

It's interesting that Michelle Fairley will be there when there is still so much confusion among the fanbase about the whole Lady Stoneheart storyline. It seems like the kind of thing that could come up in the Q & A (isn't there usually one of those?).

That's what I thought too, but maybe this will put a stop to the speculation on whether LS will be on the show or not.

Also, I really wish they'd stop pushing Ygritte as a major character. No offense to RL who seems very nice, but Ygritte should be a minor/supporting character. I'm already tired of Ygritte as it is.

It might mean Michelle will be back , for what amounts to a couple of Cameos.

They usually don't bring over actors who are off the show, Richard Madden for instance, tho he has two movies in post production and two in pre-production. I guess he was free.

I noticed after the first season they did not have Mark Addy or Sean Bean even tho they did have Jason Momoa (but he lives nearby). Having Kit and Rose is kind of interesting, tho Rose may or maybe not be in the production come Comicon... because if I had to guess the Wall is going to take a lot of episode space next year. Seems Emilia and Nikolaj have been there three years in a row , must fit their shooting schedule?

Actors who seems to thrive of conventions, interviews and 'red carpets' like Liam Cunningham and Charles Dance must be constrained by the shooting schedule. Notice Lena is not there, but she's in five! upcoming films, she must be busy.

After three straight years of the same faces hope next year they can persuade a few different actors.

Don't expect to ever see Conleth Hill (can't even seem to get a in print interview with him) or Stephen Dillane does not seem to be this sort of thing.

Aidan Gillen was on the HBO Red Carpet, but it was only about a 10 second interview!

Don't know what he thinks of these kinds of things.

I wouldn't mind secondary actors like Rory McCann and Jerome Flynn and Gwendoline ... a real fan favorite.

O just a bunch of mole hill questions.

Would have liked to see Gwendoline Christy, Carice Van Houten, Sophie Turner, Conlith Hill and/or Jack Gleason doing it this year, but I'm still satisfied with that Comic-con lineup

Madden and Fairly should be interesting. And Dinklage, Costa-Waldau and Bradley are always pretty funny. Plus it's good that George isn't hosting it this time. I love the guy, but it's just not his bag.......plus he needs to stay home and write!!!

Plus it's good that George isn't hosting it this time. I love the guy, but it's just not his bag.......plus he needs to stay home and write!!!

+1. Looks like he may have realised this himself!

Jerome Flynn

Bronn is the one I'd want there the most, if only cos it would be interesting to see him outside of music videos and his acting.

Looking forward to see Jon Bradley, Kit Harrington and Rose Leslie interract !

As well, of course as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairley, their episode commentaries are hilarious !

I saw an interview with Lena Headey, she was on this American late night talk show, I don't remember which. Anyway, she was asked if she had spoken to her fellow actors after the RW episode. She said she spoke to Richard Madden who was very sad to be leaving the show and to Michelle Fairley who was at the doctor with a throat infection.

1st of all, throat infection? smooth, Cersei, very smooth lol

2nd of all, it seemed like she dodged answering the question there because she didn't want to give out any spoilers so I think Lady Stoneheart is a definite yes to the producers.

ETA the link

can't belive I forgot it was Conan, d'oh!

I'm actually surprised that they aren't bringing Gwen Christie this year - she's a huge fan favorite, was sort of a "breakout" from Season 3, and she seems energetic and outgoing, like the kind of person who would make a good impression at this sort of thing. Plus, they like to bring characters that go together, so she would fit well with Nikolaj being there.

I'm not sure I completely articulated my point above - Michelle being there seems like a huge spoiler risk - there will be tons of fans there who could be spoiled by even a question about the Lady Stoneheart issue, and it seems likely to come up. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

I'm actually surprised that they aren't bringing Gwen Christie this year - she's a huge fan favorite, was sort of a "breakout" from Season 3, and she seems energetic and outgoing, like the kind of person who would make a good impression at this sort of thing. Plus, they like to bring characters that go together, so she would fit well with Nikolaj being there.

I'm not sure I completely articulated my point above - Michelle being there seems like a huge spoiler risk - there will be tons of fans there who could be spoiled by even a question about the Lady Stoneheart issue, and it seems likely to come up. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

The way they call people up to ask questions to the panel, it seems like it's really organized. Meaning, I'm pretty sure they pre-screen the questions and only allow ones that are appropriate and not too spoilery

Last year people just got in line. I don't remember any pre-screening but maybe they do different panels with different rules.

I would love to see Jack and Charles, and Gwendoline would probably be great with the fans.

Archived