Why Coldhands is Bran's monster

Rubacava

Hey everyone,

It's a new crackpot theory and lets make it short.

In one possible world Bran becomes powerful after BR's trainings or any other way. He becomes a great greenseer and somehow sends Coldhands from future to find him and help younger Bran at the wall.

That's why Coldhands says that he's Bran's monster.

Hey everyone,

It's a new crackpot theory and lets make it short.

In one possible world Bran becomes powerful after BR's trainings or any other way. He becomes a great greenseer and somehow sends Coldhands from future to find him and help younger Bran at the wall.

That's why Coldhands says that he's Bran's monster.

Time travel with a predestination paradox thrown in for extra spice. That makes for a good plot basis in any sci-fi novel.

However, I'm not sure whether that vibe really fits in with the SoIaF.

Coldhands identifies himself as Bran's monster because he's helping him and (at least temporarily) giving him his allegiance. That may have been Coldhands's own idea, it may have been Bloodraven's command, it might even have been something else, but it doesn't need future boy to be explained.

that's what most people are basing the CH is Benjin stark theory on

No.

and if he could send some one back in time why wouldn't he send him further back and stop the red wedding or neds execution or stop the whole damn war ?

i think this kinda kills it

My pet theory is CH is a wight inhabited by the spirit of Bran's dead uncle and namesake Brandon Stark whose spirit was freed from his crypt when Bran and company removed his sword.

If he can do that, why doesn't he send someone to warn his father or Robb that they are going to be killed?

If I had to come up with a crackpot theory I'd say the Coldhands is someone in the process of turning into an Other.

and if he could send some one back in time why wouldn't he send him further back and stop the red wedding or neds execution or stop the whole damn war ?

i think this kinda kills it

or stop Jamie from throwing him off the tower...

please elaborate i do not understand :dunce:

The basis for "Coldhands = Benjen" is that Coldhands identity is a loose end dangling around beyond the Wall, and Benjen's whereabouts are a loose end dangling around beyond the Wall, and wouldn't it be nice & neat if those two ends fit together? Then some stuff like Coldhands adamantly refusing to show his face to Bran is usually added on top like sprinkles. Time travel is neither necessary nor does it help all that much for the "Coldhands = Benjen" theory.

The basis for "Coldhands = Benjen" is that Coldhands identity is a loose end dangling around beyond the Wall, and Benjen's whereabouts are a loose end dangling around beyond the Wall, and wouldn't it be nice & neat if those two ends fit together? Then some stuff like Coldhands adamantly refusing to show his face to Bran is usually added on top like sprinkles. Time travel is neither necessary nor does it help all that much for the "Coldhands = Benjen" theory.

i didn't mean the time travel part just the "your monster " quote part

Didn't Bloodraven establish that it's not possible to interact with/influence people in the past? That they're just like shadows? From Bran's experience, it seems like it's possible to elicit feelings or provoke a sense of being watched, but nothing more. Hence, I'm not sure someone in the future/present could give such specific, clear instructions to someone in the past.

Right, sorry for the misunderstanding. (I still wouldn't personally say it's "based on", but at least using that as corroboration makes sense.)

no,it was my fault i wasn't clear enough it's cool right :cheers:

Also, if the war never started, why would Bran leave Winterfell and go north?

let's just agree to throw time travel out of the ASOIAF universe and leave it to The Doctor alright

My pet theory is CH is a wight inhabited by the spirit of Bran's dead uncle and namesake Brandon Stark whose spirit was freed from his crypt when Bran and company removed his sword.

they took three sword ,right? then we have 2 other loose spirits i bet one of them is inhabiting Darkstar :lol:

Archived