Least favorite POV?

Jose Stark

I am. And Aeron's chapters are considered a form of torture in 45 countries...

Since when is insightful knowledge about one of the best cultures (I didnt say morally correct so dont bash me :P ) and families torture?

Since when is insightful knowledge about one of the best cultures (I didnt say morally correct so dont bash me :P ) and families torture?

Best cultures? You mean the culture of raiding, pillaging and raping? The culture that hasn't contributed anything to the rest of Westeros?

This is exactly why her POVs are necessary :) .

Character development is a key factor in every story. Sansas change though a bit subtle, is clearly obvious when you look at her in AFFC.

So I dont think dismissing a POV like that for not being necessary is a good move because it deprives us from a very good character.

I agree with you, But I think we get most of her character in agot, successfully conveyed through aryas povs, IMO the sansa in her agot povs is the same to me as the character arya describes an incredibly naïve and silly child, we don't really start to see her character change until acok, so I think GRRM could've easily started her povs in that book instead, it's similar to the case with Jaime, his character doesn't begin to develop until asos so we don't get a pov from him till that book

Best cultures? You mean the culture of raiding, pillaging and raping? The culture that hasn't contributed anything to the rest of Westeros?

Why should it? Theyre doing it for themselves.

And yet it HAS contributed! Harrenhal comes to mind. But if that doesnt count then the sheer knowledge that Westerosi should prepare for raids and build better strongholds is more than enough :D .

Why should it? Theyre doing it for themselves.

And yet it HAS contributed! Harrenhal comes to mind. But if that doesnt count then the sheer knowledge that Westerosi should prepare for raids and build better strongholds is more than enough :D .

We'll continue this some day Talal, just not today... :P

Dany in ADWD but Tyrion better watch it, he was pretty boring at the end.

It took me a while to warm to Dorne so in Feast, I found them meh for a while (the Watcher, Arianne, etc.)

Love the Dorne chapters. The worst thing that happened in the entire series IMHO was the death of oberyn. He was the man.

I really disliked Brans POVs, especially after he started hangin out with jojen; i though his stuff with Robb in the first book was pretty good though. I know GRRM said in some interview that Bran was his least favorite/ most difficult character to write.

Just shows how different peoples tastes can be, I loved Cersei's POV in AFFC.

I think they were well written, in that she's so self-serving but you can always read through her bias to see what's really going on. Like it's fairly clear that she's drinking A LOT, and a lot more than she had prior to Joffrey's and Tywin's deaths. But the best is the way GRRM signals that she's also gaining a fair bit of weight, - she had to have her laundress whipped because she'd shrunk ALL of Cersei's dresses. LOL!

With Aeron, I was thinking about what exactly it is that makes his religious mumbo jumbo so boring. Then it occurred to me that it's because his god has shown absolutely no signs of existing whatsoever. Their religion seems to be based on mouth to mouth resuscitation. The faith of the seven seems pretty unremarkable too but we never have to suffer through a septon's POV. At least with the Old Gods and R'hlorr we get some actual non-Earthly magic. The only details in Aeron's chapters that interested me were Nagga's bones and the tale of the maester's surgery and torture.

Now, I am not saying any of the gods actually exist, but if you're gonna create a religion at least use some cool magic.

For the entire series... Hm... I'd say Jaime, simply because I don't care about the guy. For all of the "changing heart" he's had, he's still a bastard, even at his best. Though post ASoS is Tyrion, simply because of how pointless it is.

I'm surprised by this. Even if you don't like him, his POV is so well written. I see many people on this forum say Theon is the best written POV, by I actually think its Jaime.

I'm surprised by this. Even if you don't like him, his POV is so well written. I see many people on this forum say Theon is the best written POV, by I actually think its Jaime.

I'd say Jaime's is more consistently good. Theon's arc in ACOK is good, but not exceptional like his ADWD material, which cemented him as one of the best written characters in the series. Jaime's constant introspection and conflict between narcissism and self-hate is utterly compelling to read, IMO. I reckon he's one of the most fleshed out and fully realized characters in the series.

• 8 months later...

Archived