Is Tommen going to have to die before ASoIaF is over?

KamiShikkaku

If so, that's quite sad. Any thoughts on who would be the one to deliver the final blow to the poor defenseless child?

If not (and assuming he won't be king by the end of all this), are we thinking that Dany/Jon/whoever takes the throne is just going to allow him to live as a hostage? As long as Cersei is no longer in the picture, I'm sure Tommen would be OK with abdicating and just hanging out with his cats for the time being, but whoever makes the call would have to be mindful of the fact that he will grow up and his priorities may change. Leaving him alive doesn't seem like the smartest idea.

I hope not, but realistically anyone who pretends to a throne is putting themselves in horrible danger. If the Lannister incest is officially exposed, Tommen will be a bastard with no claim to the Iron Throne, Storm's End, or Casterly Rock, but at least he'll still be alive.

I always thought it would be when one of the characters (Aegon, Dany, Euron etc.) is right on the cusp of seizing King's Landing. The people inside will turn on her. Randyll Tarly seems like your typical asshole lord, I wonder if he would be cruel enough to do the deed.

I guess I forgot to mention Maggy the Frog's prophecy, suggesting that both Myrcella and Tommen will die before Cersei is killed by her brother.

Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"

Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I don't think he will die. Most people refer to him as good-hearted and know that it has been all Cersei's doings. He will lose the throne, but he will be in exile with Ser Pounce

Tommen will not die because he is a bad person, but he is in danger of being in the wrong place. His parents basically tied him to the railroad tracks and left him alone.

According to nearly every single ASoIaF fan I have come across, Tommen has to die to progress the story, which makes me think that he might survive. Furthermore, GRRM has mentioned that prophecies aren't always reliable. However, I do agree with the majority that the little guy just isn't going to last much longer. :(

Could happen. It would fulfill Cersei's prophecy, and the dornish kill with poison, so it wouldn't have to be slaughter.

Could you imagine anything more heartbreaking than cute little Tommen dying like Joff? Even just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. :crying:

I always presumed Tommen would go down in some non dramatic way, like in a training accident; (example) (Tommen was jousting on Joffrey's name day). If this happens and Tommen does die, The south will go into a complete melt down over who will reign next.

Archived