Is Tommen going to have to die before ASoIaF is over?

KamiShikkaku

Myrcella has no crown though. Would Myrcella be queen if Tommen dies?

could just be colorful language referring to their hair, I suppose

Tommen is one of my favorites but I don't think he'll make it. Ser Pounce however, he will supplant Balerion and haunt the future king's rookery, surely.

My other theory is that Robert Strong will accidentally kill him while defending Cersei at her trial. I think the Maggy the Frog prophecy is legit. Everything has come true so far:

1. Cersei's friend Melara dies. Worms eat her maidenhead.
  2. She never marries the prince, she marries the king.
  3. She has 3 kids. Robert has a whole host of bastards. Could very well be 16. I don't know if anyone ever did a count.
  4. If you believe Margaery is the younger Queen, then she has arrived to cast Cersei down.

I think this track record speaks to this particular prophecy being true. In order for all three children to have golden crowns and golden shrouds, they all have to become king/queen and then die. The only way for this to happen is for Tommen and then Myrcella to die. Also, if Cersei is somehow responsible for Tommen or Myrcella's death, it would be enough for Jaime as Valonqar to come back and strangle her.

Could you imagine anything more heartbreaking than cute little Tommen dying like Joff? Even just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. :crying:

Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth if sometime in the next book or two a responsible adult showed up and tried to keep Tommen safe? Of course, any responsible adults who show up in this series usually end up having their heads chopped off or get shot with crossbows, but maybe the next one will be more careful.

Wait, is the MtF prophecy Devine retribution for the (future) sack of KL - Lannisters for 3 Targs?

If Feagon is really Aegon, then wouldn't it be only 3 deaths? Just a theory. :)

Not that I believe it. :( by the end of WoW I expect Tommen shall have moved on to the great beyond, continuing that battle against beats for all eternity.

I hope not, but realistically anyone who pretends to a throne is putting themselves in horrible danger. If the Lannister incest is officially exposed, Tommen will be a bastard with no claim to the Iron Throne, Storm's End, or Casterly Rock, but at least he'll still be alive.

There would stlll be the possibility of him later (as an adult) stating the incest was a lie and mounting a claim to the throne, so the monarch in power would be likely to want him and Myrcella dead as soon as possible to prevent any such claims and stamp out the line of 'Baratheon pretenders' completely. It wouldn't matter what the reality of Tommen's birth was, and what declarations were made, 20 years down the track if things were going sour for the current monarch, his opponents could use Tommen and Myrcella as their figureheads. Especially if the Lannisters were still there and a powerful house - there's one likely troublemaking faction already. Their best option is a peaceful transition where one of both of them marry into the incoming power.

I am hoping Tommen survives. I refuse to accept his death is inevitable, but I suppose the next books are likely to contain giant kicks in the gut on the scale of Ned dying and the Red Wedding, and Tommen's death would be another such....

Yeah he's a goner! Shame, he's a sweet kid.

My pet/crackpot theory is that Tommen will be killed by the others. He will then rise again as a wight and kill Cersei. If you read the prophecy, it says "the Valonqar" not "your Valonqar", which comes straight after a line about Cerseis children - it makes most sense if its referring to Tommen.

Yeah he's a goner! Shame, he's a sweet kid.

My pet/crackpot theory is that Tommen will be killed by the others. He will then rise again as a wight and kill Cersei. If you read the prophecy, it says "the Valonqar" not "your Valonqar", which comes straight after a line about Cerseis children - it makes most sense if its referring to Tommen.

I like it, no one considers Tommen because obviously he isn't capable of murder as he is. Using similar logic, the prophecy mentions her husband so Stannis could be the valonquer.

Tommen has to go, and his death will be a tear jerker. I can see it being a shocking action by a character like Stannis (ok I realise I put Stsnnis in a lot of my theories), like Tommen is crying and cowering and he just gets brutally slaughtered.

Sweetsleep

That wouldn't be as bad as the strangler... it would still be very tragic of course, and as much as I dislike Cersei, I'd feel pretty sorry for her if she woke up to that.

It seems he does have to die for the story to progress and other claimants to sit on the throne, which is a shame, because I really like Tommem.

There would stlll be the possibility of him later (as an adult) stating the incest was a lie and mounting a claim to the throne, so the monarch in power would be likely to want him and Myrcella dead as soon as possible to prevent any such claims and stamp out the line of 'Baratheon pretenders' completely. It wouldn't matter what the reality of Tommen's birth was, and what declarations were made, 20 years down the track if things were going sour for the current monarch, his opponents could use Tommen and Myrcella as their figureheads. Especially if the Lannisters were still there and a powerful house - there's one likely troublemaking faction already. Their best option is a peaceful transition where one of both of them marry into the incoming power.

Myrcella generally would not be killed in Medieval society, but forced to join a monastry ie the silent sisters, but I think she will be killed too.

The prime candidates for killing Tommen are Aegon, Jon Connington, Dany and Euron.

I think that Cersei will try to protect them by hiding them in a place that turns out to be perilous. The lack of cleverness on her part will turn out to be their undoing. Whatever it is, it has to be quick. They are both such nice children, and none of us want to see them have horrible deaths.

If Tommen and Myrcella die it will be the saddest thing ever. My hope is Cersei makes them hide under golden shrouds at some point to make people think there dead while she sneaks them out of the red keep and they flee to casterly rock.

Not a bad idea.

Which means cersei probably won't come up with it.

Archived