Is Tommen going to have to die before ASoIaF is over?

KamiShikkaku

I hope not, but realistically anyone who pretends to a throne is putting themselves in horrible danger. If the Lannister incest is officially exposed, Tommen will be a bastard with no claim to the Iron Throne, Storm's End, or Casterly Rock, but at least he'll still be alive.

This is my ideal ending for Tommen. He will be a bastard, but he may still live a good life. He may become a warrior of prowess, a Maester...anything. Although, this is ASoIaF, and his death seems more likely somehow.

I think both Tommen and Myrcella will die and I think both their deaths will be linked to Cersei, driving her even more insane.Something to do with fire,perhaps Tommen coming across a small batch of wildfire and setting himself alight.

I do not see Tommen or Marcylla surving the Story. Given who they are and what their "people/family" have done to others. It is only justice that they do not survive either.

I have never understood this comment. How is it ever justice that two innocent children die? People like to confuse revenge with justice.

I see the Tyrells delivering Tommen and Cersei's bodies wrapped in their house colors to Aegon in hopes of winning his favor, through maybe to surprise us George can have it so that outrages Aegon to the degree that he orders the execution of Mace and whoever carried out the deed. Thus, working to win over a little support for the man before the unavoidable dance of the dragons between him and Dany.

Something to do with fire,perhaps Tommen coming across a small batch of wildfire and setting himself alight.

That is a horrible way for a sweet innocent cat-loving boy to go! But if wildfire is involved, it would be all the more reason for Jaime to rise up against Cersei. We all know how he feels about wildfire.

I stubbornly want Tommen to live, if only to see him finally openly side with Margaery against Cersei.

By right of succession, yes. Cersei will take drastic measures to ensure the Tyrells' loyalty.

would she though? there has never been a queen so i don't see how cersei could expect to seat myrcella. the only reason westeros would accept dany as queen is her three dragons. myrcella has little to help her execute such an unprecedented act.

Sorry but can I disagree for a moment about Myrcella being crowned if Tommen dies. IIRC after the dance of the dragons the succession for the throne puts females behind all male family. So Stannis would be next and might gain the support of even some Lannister loyalist. Succession for the throne is different from a lordship or castle.

One could argue that's a Targ tradition and not for the new regime. Anyway could make for some interesting conflicts that fit GRRM style.

would she though? there has never been a queen so i don't see how cersei could expect to seat myrcella. the only reason westeros would accept dany as queen is her three dragons. myrcella has little to help her execute such an unprecedented act.

Cersei will seat Myrcella, and Myrcella has an army. Cersei will keep Margaery and her companions in the Maidenvault as hostages to ensure HG's loyalty much like Aerys kept Elia and her children to ensure Sunspear's loyalty.

Sorry but can I disagree for a moment about Myrcella being crowned if Tommen dies. IIRC after the dance of the dragons the succession for the throne puts females behind all male family. So Stannis would be next and might gain the support of even some Lannister loyalist. Succession for the throne is different from a lordship or castle.

The problem with that is that Stannis has been attainted, and all the Lannister loyalists fought him on the BoBW, and Stannis would punish those who fought against them. Cersei would never let him sit the throne, nor would Mace Tyrell.

Myrcella has no crown though. Would Myrcella be queen if Tommen dies?

This is assuming that Tommen and Myrcella are Baratheons (which we aren't but officially they are), shouldn't the throne pass to Stannis if/when Tommen dies?

Cersei is not in a great position to crown anyone, her impending trial and in this scenario grieving for her lost son. I do agree that HG and Cersei would oppose Stannis, I meant on a broader scale outside of KL. Besides Mycella is in Dorne, it would be difficult to actually get her back to KL considering her current condition.

Eta. Spelling

I always smile when people state that "the prophesy clearly says..." I hope GRRM will have the prophesy come true in a more clever way than the obvious. Like the witches prophesy in Macbeth.

I always smile when people state that "the prophesy clearly says..." I hope GRRM will have the prophesy come true in a more clever way than the obvious. Like the witches prophesy in Macbeth.

I'm studying Macbeth in English right now, and when they get to the prophecies I always think about prophecies made in ASOIAF like the dragons waking in Summerhall or Fair Castle, metaphorical ones.

Archived