Can The Starks Make A Comeback?

Trinton07

Given all the secret Stark supporters across the North I would be very suprised if the Starks were not returned to Winterfell. In particular since its mentioned that the foundations of the castle are still standing.

Everyone expects Cersei to run the Lannisters into the ground and she probably will but I could see her do a 180* and try to think before she acts

I don't think so, Cersei's a train wreck and she's not stopping. I can see her calm down but I cannot see her thinking logically. There's a reason why Varys killed Kevan, and it's because he needs that foolish woman in power to make a conquest easier

I think Aegon/Dany will do in the Lannisters. The Starks will have to settle with fucking up the Freys/Boltons/Greyjoys

Only the Lannisters are powerful enough to kill the Lannisters :D it would be terrific if the legacy, power and prestige of House Lannister Tywin worked tirelessly for was destroyed not by their enemies but by themselves ;)

Starks: Boltons and Freys

Tyrells: Greyjoys

During the winter time, wolves thrive. When all other animals are either asleep in a den or fighting for their lives in cold, wolves are at their strongest. Having seen wolf packs in Yellowstone and Alaska during the winter months, they are force like no other. This has been Martin's objective this entire time IMO. Tearing down the Starks, in order to bulid them up to be the strongest.

Jon most likely has been given the Stark name and the title of King in the North. Arya will unleash hell, before she goes down in a blaze of glory. Sansa will enact a shit ton of revenge. Looks as if Bran, will take his place among the Old Gods. Baby Rickkon is getting a steady diet of man flesh and will show back up as a massive man child, that can pimp slap even the GreatJon!!! Ok, the Rickkon part was a joke. But the others are true.

The Starks will regain all that they have lost.

Let's face it, most if not all of the Stark children have shown to be powerful wargs. So there's that.

Sansa will be educated in how to play the game by LF, and she will be his downfall in the end. She may be become a powerful Lady in the Vale, but I could see her returning to Winterfell also.

Arya has a strong connection to Nymeria and has been honing her warging abilites, Nymeria has a large wolf pack that will no doubt follow Arya should she return to Westeros and Arya is receiving the best training an assassin could hope for. Subterfuge and secrecy will be her skills.

Bran is set to become an incredibly powerful warg and greenseer, and is being trained by Bloodraven himself. He will likely warg into a dragon ("You will fly,") and see/partake in many important battles to come.

Rickon will likely be discovering his warging abilities, and will soon be with Lord Manderley. There he will receive an excellent education, and Wyman will likely teach him to be a fair player when it comes to the game. He would also be trained with the sword, and may yet become a warrior of considerable skill.

That said, Rickon is a wildcard. We don't really know what will happen to him, but for now he is the current heir to Winterfell so we'll have to wait and see.

Jon. To begin, I for one do not think he is dead or that if he is, he will be resurrected somehow. I believe in the GNC, and this will have Jon as the Lord of Winterfell, Rickon's guardian and likely Regent and possible KiTN. Jon will go far.

• 10 months later...

The hour of the wolf is now! Don't worry kiddies GRRM would never kill off Arya she is practically in every book. Hell she is Lyanna reborn. This is a woman's story most of the guys in the book are mutton heads . Sansa is learning the game of thrones by a master, Arya is on the verge of becoming the next spider, Bran is not becoming a tree he is gaining greater wisdom than the Great Maesters .Rickon is getting what a four year old needs a stable home life. Jon wounded hiding in the Hardin's tower with the women he is going to have a spiritual awakening in more ways than one. It's going to be blood and battle for all because winter is coming.

Jon may very well take the Stark name through Robb's will, though a lot of his future relevance seems to be tied to him being a Targaryen. In any case, I was wondering what people thought about the future of the other four Stark kids left; not Jon, who has plenty of threads to himself.

Or maybe GRM want us to know the origins but not jon westeros, the ultimate tease

I think Starks are actually the most powerfull family right now.Each developed into different but important talents.Bran is a god, Aryas wolf has a huge pack that everyone is afraid of and (Mercy chapter)she is getting really good at acting nd assasin stuff, Sansa (some say she will be a she LF in the end) will have all Vale army and Vale army is the only army other then Dorne who remains untouched, Rickon is in Skagos, Jon (won't die GRRM suggested that) has the wildlings in his side one word giants and wargs.

And North wants them back.

The Starks will regain all that they have lost.

Let's face it, most if not all of the Stark children have shown to be powerful wargs. So there's that.

Sansa will be educated in how to play the game by LF, and she will be his downfall in the end. She may be become a powerful Lady in the Vale, but I could see her returning to Winterfell also.

Arya has a strong connection to Nymeria and has been honing her warging abilites, Nymeria has a large wolf pack that will no doubt follow Arya should she return to Westeros and Arya is receiving the best training an assassin could hope for. Subterfuge and secrecy will be her skills.

Bran is set to become an incredibly powerful warg and greenseer, and is being trained by Bloodraven himself. He will likely warg into a dragon ("You will fly,") and see/partake in many important battles to come.

Rickon will likely be discovering his warging abilities, and will soon be with Lord Manderley. There he will receive an excellent education, and Wyman will likely teach him to be a fair player when it comes to the game. He would also be trained with the sword, and may yet become a warrior of considerable skill.

That said, Rickon is a wildcard. We don't really know what will happen to him, but for now he is the current heir to Winterfell so we'll have to wait and see.

Jon. To begin, I for one do not think he is dead or that if he is, he will be resurrected somehow. I believe in the GNC, and this will have Jon as the Lord of Winterfell, Rickon's guardian and likely Regent and possible KiTN. Jon will go far.

this ^

plus as said I think rickon will bring the skagoosi back into the fold prob with a few thousand men

also dont forget the reeds and the northmen robb sent to the neck

and how badly the shit hits the fan once the greatjon gets loose

I think Starks are actually the most powerfull family right now.Each developed into different but important talents.Bran is a god, Aryas wolf has a huge pack that everyone is afraid of and (Mercy chapter)she is getting really good at acting nd assasin stuff, Sansa (some say she will be a she LF in the end) will have all Vale army and Vale army is the only army other then Dorne who remains untouched, Rickon is in Skagos, Jon (won't die GRRM suggested that) has the wildlings in his side one word giants and wargs.

And North wants them back.

Very well put. I completely agree.

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure how much I put into that, there certainly was no dance of dragons, in ADWD.

Actually, there was A dance with the dragons, as Tyrion found about Aegon, and Dany's stpry having major arcs, the people in westeros finally coming to know about the existence of dragons.

But i think the time for wolves will most likely be related to how the wolves will need to save the north from the others and what not, not just time for the the wolves to make a come back.

I think thats why GRRM changed the name to A dream for Spring, as A time for wolves would have been too misleading

Only the Lannisters are powerful enough to kill the Lannisters :D it would be terrific if the legacy, power and prestige of House Lannister Tywin worked tirelessly for was destroyed not by their enemies but by themselves ;)

Oh but they have done that.

All the way from Tyrion's murdering of Tywin, till Cersei's current position, the Lannisters have done nothing but ruin themselves.

Is Arya really honing her warg abilities the way Bran has been doing? Without re-reading all her chapters it seems to me more like she really only sees through Nymeria's senses when she's sleeping whereas Bran has been doing it fully consciously with Summer and Hodor. Yes, Arya did use the cat in the House of the Many-Face God to let her know when the Kindly Man was going to hit her. But she really hasn't directed Nymeria into any direct or deliberate action as far as I can recall. The connection between the two is more that Arya can become aware of what Nymeria is doing but she still hasn't gone as far as having Nymeria's pack to (for example) rip the hell out of a group of Frey or Lannister soldiers. Nymeria did pull Catelyn's corpse out of the river but it seemed more that she did it because she remembered Catelyn's scent; Arya became aware of what Nymeria was doing but it didn't seem like she directed it. I'd agree that the connection between the two has allowed Arya to somewhat influence some of Nymeria's actions but that still isn't the same as transferring her full consciousness into the wolf.

I'll have to re-read some of these chapters because it seems more that Arya has a connection to Nymeria than is commanding her. She's certainly isn't doing anything with the wolf to the same level of skill that Bran, Orell, or Varyamar have been doing with their animal surrogates.

I'm also hoping that dragons can't be warged, unless it's by an uber-greenseer like Bran is turning into. It'd be kind of stupid if Arya, despite having no connection at all to any of Daenerys' story so far, was able to hijack one of the dragons "just because".

Archived