Can The Starks Make A Comeback?

Trinton07

A lot of discussion about the future of ASOIAF seems to be about Danny and Aegon battling it out, Jon being Rhagear's son and AAR, and one of the three ending up on the Iron Throne. That's all fine and dandy, but what about the Starks? After all, "A Time for Wolves" was the working title of the last book for a time, and the Starks are far from out of it just yet. Ignoring Jon and Cat for right now, there are still four Starks out there, and all of them seem to have pretty clear relevance to the future of the series.

• Bran's out there learning to become a ballin warg. who knows what he'll learn to do? I don't think it's too far fetched that he may be able to control dragons.
  • Aryas connection to nymeria is so strong it reaches over seas, and she's been developing her warg powers on her own as well. Nymeria's been assembling a big old pack of wolves out in the riverlands as well. If Arya controls nymeria, she theoretically controls the pack since nymeria's the leader. I think it'd be pretty cool if this led to some kind of a dragon vs wolf thing; in both the literal and figurative sense. And besides her warg stuff, Arya's becoming pretty good at this whole assassination thing, which could easily be relevant later on.
  • Rickon's been doing God knows what on Skagos. Maybe he's a crazy warg by now too, who knows. In any case, it seems pretty clear that manderly wants to support him as lord of winterfell, which can clearly have some major implications. how will that go with stannis? Will Stannis consent to Rickon being the Lord of Winterfell? With rickon back, will the north consent to Stannis' rule, or will Manderly and the other Lords want to restore rickon as the King in the North?
  • Sansa's wolf died so there probably won't be any crazy warg shenanigans there. But if Little Finger's plan works out, (and most of them seem to), Sansa will soon have the whole Vale wanting to help her take back Winterfell.

So what do you guys think about the future of the Starks? Will they take back Winterfell? Restore the North as an independent kingdom? Could any of them be a contender of the Iron Throne, or at least have influence on who ends up there in the end?

You forgot Jon who will probably take the Stark name too before the end....

Arya will die that is almost a certainty.

Rickon is a wildcard

Sansa will probably end up as lady of the Vale if she marries Harold Hardying.

I think that the Starks will make a comeback, but not in any grand sense. Doubtful that any will sit the iron throne, but a king in the north isn't to far out there. As for Sansa not being able to warg anything I always thought it would be cool if she ended up warging birds seeing as how everyone is always calling her little bird, little dove, etc. she gets that down and she would make a damn good master of whispers for someone.

Jon is legitimized Stark and most probably new KitN

Sansa will be LF's downfall, and I doubt she will marry Harry. Also, she is a warg, so there is a chance we see her warging...

As for Arya, I have problems with her future...

Starks will regain their former power and glory. With wolves it's all about winter and endurance the tough time. And that;s who the Starks truly are...

You forgot Jon who will probably take the Stark name too before the end....

Arya will die that is almost a certainty.

Rickon is a wildcard

Sansa will probably end up as lady of the Vale if she marries Harold Hardying.

Jon may very well take the Stark name through Robb's will, though a lot of his future relevance seems to be tied to him being a Targaryen. In any case, I was wondering what people thought about the future of the other four Stark kids left; not Jon, who has plenty of threads to himself.

There are a lot of Starks..not as many as Freys ... but they should survive as a house and be the paramount Northern house after the Boltons destroy themselves

Arya's losing it and probably doomed to die, Bran is turning into a tree and will probably never come back, and Jon is a bastard with a very shady future. RIckon is a child and he seems to be in good condition so I'm thinking he could be the key to the survival of his House. I see the Lordship of Winterfell for him. As for Sansa, she might destroy the Stark name (or her future husband could take the name for himself), but I think she's destined for greatness either way (Queen of Westeros, I hope).

Arya's losing it and probably doomed to die, Bran is turning into a tree and will probably never come back, and Jon is a bastard with a very shady future. RIckon is a child and he seems to be in good condition so I'm thinking he could be the key to the survival of his House. I see the Lordship of Winterfell for him. As for Sansa, she might destroy the Stark name (or her future husband could take the name for himself), but I think she's destined for greatness either way (Queen of Westeros, I hope).

I don't know about Rickon being in good condition. Shaggy dog was a damn terror before they took off, and Rickon was kind of troubled as well. I doubt the couple of years with cannibles has done a lot of good for the kid.

The Starks will make an epic comeback, they are on the cusp of returning. most people do not know they are alive, and each one is gaining power. This gives them the ability to return and surprise their enemies. Also while they have been split apart each one has gained powerful allies and abilities. another reason the comeback is inevitable.

The Starks are going to make a comeback alright, but not in the way I think most people are expecting. They are the 'Kings of Winter' and I think that they are the 'Ice' in the 'song of Ice and Fire'.

I think that the Starks have an ancient hidden past that has to do with the Others. All history of that 'past' was erased from memory after the Nightsking 8000 years ago.

Can the Starks make a comeback? Yes, but they need to be cautious....

Jon Snow may just die, but, I don't think he'll abandon the Night's Watch just yet. Nor do I believe he's Rhaegar's Son, I do genuinely believe that he is Eddard Stark's illegitimate child. The Night's Watch would have to be destroyed in order for Jon to abandon it I think. Or he may just be weaker than that...

Arya I imagine will return, in good time for her vengeance. But she may meet a few people that will change her world I imagine.

Sansa, she could be thrown in a lot of ways and most of them are bad unfortunately. The Hound may or may not come and rescue her, I don't think people always consider him. Hardyng, Baelish, too many people want her name and too many don't want her for her. We may just see a matured up Sansa soon enough.

Bran is not going to become a tree, but I think he'll take his sweet time beyond the wall and gather more information on the foe they'll come to fight. I imagine he'll return and he'll need all the aid he can get.

Rickon seems the most obvious one to have as the heir to the North and possibly I don't think a few people wouldn't mind having Rickon get hitched to Myrcella to secure the North for the Iron Throne. Shireen and Rickon, anyone? Don't think Stannis would be above that though.

The Wolves of Winter are in a precarious state, their foes seemingly more powerful than their friends. However infighting weakens them, the Freys, the Boltons, the Greyjoys, Lannisters. The North Remembers well, but Bolton has forgotten and the other ones do not even remember at all. The Wolves will have their day......

How is Arya 'losing it'? She has been trained as an assassin, with all the skills to come back to Westeros and take out her 'list' (and probably a few others) with awesome Nymeria wolf pack to back her up! The Starks will rise again!

I think they most definitely will make a comeback...just not sure to what magnitude. I think that at most only 1 or two will survive by the end of the series. But the name will live on in one form or another

• Aryas connection to nymeria is so strong it reaches over seas, and she's been developing her warg powers on her own as well. Nymeria's been assembling a big old pack of wolves out in the riverlands as well. If Arya controls nymeria, she theoretically controls the pack since nymeria's the leader.

never thought of this, but I like the idea

Archived