Restoration Rights?

Rhaegarsjoy

Nah, she's honest about wanting the throne. I prefer that to Stannis' I don't want the throne bullshit.

Meh, I guess it is all a matter of perspective then. I do believe in Stannis' sincerity when he says he wants the throne because it is his duty to take it up.

Dany OtoH, I just don't see her reason for wanting to rule in a foreign land. You have never been nor lived in Westeros. You don't know it"s people or it"s lands. You are home sweetling. The only home you've ever know. You are not needed in Westeros, the've enough to be dealing with.

Meh, I guess it is all a matter of perspective then. I do believe in Stannis' sincerity when he says he wants the throne because it is his duty to take it up.

If Stannis really didn't want the throne he would have passed it on to his younger brother. Like Maester Aemon did.

Yes he could have. He is not without flaws. He"s done quite a few shady (ha ha) things. But I think he truly believes that his cause is just. After all he was willing to make Renly his heir.

Renly would be his heir regardless, men come before women in the succession. Renly would be before Shireen.

What about the duty to your brother and king? When he run away to dragonstone to wait for for Robert to die and the crown to be his?

Dany OtoH, I just don't see her reason for wanting to rule in a foreign land.

From what I gathered something about reclaiming her family throne that was stollen from them.

What about the duty to your brother and king? When he run away to dragonstone to wait for for Robert to die and the crown to be his?

Thank you! People like to exclude that little detail when boasting about Stannis' greatness.

Again he is not without flaws. As for running away and waiting for his brother to die, I don't assume he was waiting for him to die. I dont presume to know what his plan was when he left for Dragonstone.

And the Dany quote was not clear I see. Let me be a bit more transparent. I don't care for her reasons for wanting the IT. She wants something based on some one elses information. That makes no sense to me. None. Zero. Stannis knows the politics of the land and he grew up there. He knows what it's like and whats expected to be a king in those lands. Dany does not. Stannis was there while his brother ruled. He knows what he is getting into. Dany can not claim any of those things.

How so? Until Aerys started roasting lords things were pretty stable.

In the Last legs i.e for 6 years since the defiance things went to hell, but until Bob died everything was Stable.

Bob had a better track record than Aerys but that isn't saying much.

Um, yeah they did. Ned's stupidity was one of the main reasons.

Ned's stupidity can't be compared to Aerys and Rhaegar's.

And anyway how did it cause problems? If Sansa or Rickon make an entrance Northerners won't say "urgh! That's Stupid Ned's kids" because Ned never left that impression

Can you say the same for the Targaryens?

In the Last legs i.e for 6 years since the defiance things went to hell, but until Bob died everything was Stable.

I always thought it was said Tywin did a great job as Hand under Aerys.

Robert acted like he was lord of SE rather than the king of the seven kingdoms, even selmy who served Aerys said he was a terrible king.

Idk, telling your enemies your plans might take the cake.

Well Cersei's plan wasn't genius either; she was completely dependent on a 15 year old kid and a boar whilst Barristan Selmy was with the king. Her plan succeeding was just good luck rather than actual intelligence.

But in the end did Ned's action really cause long term problems for the Starks the way Aerys will do for Dany?

Sansa or Rickon would be the children of Noble Ned, who died a hero

Dany on the hand is the Mad King's daughter

Archived