5 most intelligent and stupid characters in asoiaf

space

whats everyone's opinion on who are the most intelligent and most stupid characters in the series?

for the dumb side....i'm gonna go ahead and disqualify the characters that are actually mentally retarded or something close to it (hodor/biter/the prison guard at the eerie, the fools etc)

most intelligent

1. Littlefinger/varys (remains to be seen)

3.tyrion

4.tywin

5....il come back to this one, a few potential candidates here..olenna maybe

honorable mentions:

arya (if you take a handicap score accounting for her age/position/situation/and being a 10ish year old scrawny little girl with a name worth a lot) she would probably be #1, she should have been killed/raped/returned to the lannisters a looong time ago)

the kindly man (a lot of this is based on presumption, but having mastered that craft is pretty damn impressive)

and euron, wildcard who could end up in the top 3 when its all said in done (he's enjoying the hell out of himself and manipulating the ironborn while maintaining his reckless "i dont give a shit" attitude, something tells me no matter what he's gonna be alright at the end of the series, if worst comes to worst in westeros he'll take his ship and fun little cast of characters somewhere east of quarth and manipulate some primative tribe into thinking he's some sort of god)

dumb and dumber...aaron hernandez bracket

1. viserys

2. joffery

3. victarion

4. balon

5. stannis' wife (i forget her name...but I have to throw a blind follower of a stupid religion in here heh)

Smartest:

1. Varys

2. LF

3. Margaery

4. Tyrion

5. Left field answer but Jon Arryn (or even Asha)

Dumbest: (disclaimer, not all these characters are actually stupid, just made very bad, dumb, decisions)

1. Joffrey

2. Viserys

3. Victarion

4. Cersei

5. Walder Frey

wow, Theon and Ned didn't even crack the top 5

Smartest:

1. Varys

2. LF

3. Margaery

4. Tyrion

5. Left field answer but Jon Arryn (or even Asha)

Dumbest: (disclaimer, not all these characters are actually stupid, just made very bad, dumb, decisions)

1. Joffrey

2. Viserys

3. Victarion

4. Cersei

5. Walder Frey

wow, Theon and Ned didn't even crack the top 5

why do people think Margaery is smart ?

her and her grandmother Olenna are too of the most overrated characters IMO

Smartest

1. Varys

2. Littlefinger

3. Stannis Baratheon

4. Queen of Thorns

5. Roose Bolton

Dumbest

1. Amory Lorch

2. Victarion Greyjoy

3. Cersei Lannister

4. Mace Tyrell

5. Doran Martell

Roose is smart, and Doran is dumb? In what world, may I ask?

5. stannis' wife (i forget her name...but I have to throw a blind follower of a stupid religion in here heh)

her name is Selyse Florent the proud owner of the worlds grandest mustache

I think Olenna is pulling the strings for the whole family. The show makes Margaery seem way more cunning than she does in the books.

i believe that too and her family is getting the short end of the stick that's why i'm blaming her for the family's short comings

also margaery is just there for show we barely get much lines from her in the books

Roose is smart, and Doran is dumb? In what world, may I ask?

I think Roose has displayed a lot of cunning. Keeping his own force in Winterfell while letting his rivals lead the attack on Stannis is smart, imo. He's certainly gained the upper hand on everyone so far without lifting a sword in battle.

Even though Doran's biggest plan has blown up in his face (twice) I do admit I might have been a bit hasty putting him in the top 5 dumbest category. Probably could go to his daughter or Ser Arys.

All in my opinion, though.

Smartest

1. Archmaester Marwyn

2. Maester Aemon

3. Maester Luwin

Dumbest

1. Wun Wun

2. Hodor

3. Jinglebells

i don't think these qualify they are mentally challenged people

and i think we mean more cunning than smart (street smart if you will)

her name is Selyse Florent the proud owner of the wolds grandest mustache

The Mustache of The Red God

i believe that too and her family is getting the short end of the stick that's why i'm blaming her for the family's short comings

also margaery is just there for show we barely get much lines from her in the books

Margaery in the books is more like furniture, now that I think about it. I don't know what short end of the stick her family's getting, I think the Tyrells have improved their station vastly since the beginning of the books. They went from simply being Lords of the Reach to pushing a lot of weight in KL. Mace seems inept and I imagine his mummy is responsible for his political moves.

I think Roose has displayed a lot of cunning. Keeping his own force in Winterfell while letting his rivals lead the attack on Stannis is smart, imo. He's certainly gained the upper hand on everyone so far without lifting a sword in battle.

Even though Doran's biggest plan has blown up in his face (twice) I do admit I might have been a bit hasty putting him in the top 5 dumbest category. Probably could go to his daughter or Ser Arys.

All in my opinion, though.

Roose is cunning, yes, smart, no. Thing about Roose is that he doesn't see beyond his visciousness. He plotted the RW with Tywin, he betrayed North, not realizing that people would make him pay for that one day. And for what? For several years of ruling the North? Tywin screwed him when he married Tyrion to Sansa, and if the plans worked for Lannisters, Roose would be on the same place he was with Robb. So, he gained nothing. As for his allies and enemies, he will soon find out that his enemies are not outside but inside the walls of Winterfell.

As for Doran, yes, his plans backfired him, but how was that his fault? Was it bad planning? No. Doran showed patience and cleverness that is far dangerous than anything we have seen in Game.

As for Doran, yes, his plans backfired him, but how was that his fault? Was it bad planning? No. Doran showed patience and cleverness that is far dangerous than anything we have seen in Game.

Meh, Doran is the equivalent of Lysa to me. In how, the smartest thing he has done is just stay out of the war.

Archived