Do Brothers of the Nights Watch receive wages?

targaryen444

It occurred to me that for the brothers to go "digging for treasure" in the brothel in Mole's Town they would need to pay up right?

So does this mean they get wages?- I don't see why they would, they get free food, board and it is a life of service

My guess is that they do not receive wages however the nights watch does have money which they give to members as needed for example how yoren has some money for when he goes around, so I would guess that the senior member just "borrow" some coppers and buy everyone a girl. I'm sure it is dirt cheap to go digging for gold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a really interesting observation. I dont have any answer for it. They visit the borthel but they have taken the vows and actually arent allowed to go there. So they should't receive any money for that. I hope this clears your doubt. :)

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody here know that the NW take a vow of celibacy, so they could be exicuted if they just asked for money for a brothel.

its because if your defending your country from something that can't be stopped, you need to be focused on that and that only. you can't have your mind on sex or your family or what not, you cannot alow yourself to be corrupted becouse you are the fire in the darkness, the sheild that protects the people, if your shield was corrupt (rotten) it can't protect you at all. thats what it means to be a spartan.

Archived