GOODKIND III

Werthead

One thing we must SERIOUSLY think about, however, for I know not how well we would live with ourselves if as a result of the butterfly effect this were to come to pass: SoT might get moved to the comedy section at the bookstore.

Great idea. I'll try it next time i'm in waterstones. :lol:

There is no way that TG quotes in this forum, and done as they have been, will ever impact negatively on the selling price of his novels.

I would have hoped that any TG quotes anywhere would impact negatively on the selling price of his novels. Unfortunately, people keep buying them. :unsure:

Just took a quick look at the Con Dar scene to refresh my memory. Its a good one. Soooo, since I may not be on the board this weekend.....Its the Terry Goodkind Quote of the Day Double Whammy!!!!

To summarize: Kahlan, Zedd, and Chase, are in the clutches of Darken Rahl's sinister underling, Demmin Nass. Nass has told Kahlan of Richards death (he's not really dead, but Nass believes he is) and so Kahlan totally freaks out. She unleashes a rare, special Confessor power called the Con Dar (Blood rage) and uses it to kill Nass' henchmen and bring Nass himself under her power.

She retuned to Demmin Nass, who stood where he had been told to wait.

There were tears in his eyes. "Please, Mistress, command me."

Kahlan pulled a knife from his belt, ignoring his request. With her other hand, she unfastened the flanged battle mace from its hook. "Take off you pants." She waited until he had pulled them joff and stood once moree before her. "Kneel."

The coldness of her voice sent a shiver through Zedd as he watched the big man kneel before her.

"Spread your legs," she ordered in an icy voice. She reached down between his legs, gripping him in one hand. He flinched, grimaced. "Don't move," she warned. He became still. "How many of the little boys you've molested have you killed?"

"I don't know, Mistress. I don't keep count. I've done it for many years, since I was young. I don't always kill them. Most live."

"Make a good guess."

He thought a moment. "More than eighty. Less than one hundred twenty."

I'm going to cut these off. When I do, I don't want you to make a sound," she whispered. "Not one sound. Don't even flinch."

"Yes, Mistress."

"Look into my eyes. I wish to see it in your eyes."

Her arm with the knife strained, and jerked up. The blade came up red.

Demmin's knuckles around the mace were white.

The Mother Confessor rose to her feet in front of him. "Hold out your hand."

Demmin held a shaking hand before her. She put the bloody sack in his palm.

"Eat them."

~Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

This time I'm actually in agreement with TG's sense of justice. Cutting off a child molestors balls and making him eat them is okay by me.

Um, I've just had a thought... Richard is a Lord, people are obliged to do his bidding - some of htem even seem to have some kind of magical compulsion do do so. AND YET he keeps harking of about freedom and how everyone should be able to chose etc...

am I the only one to find him more than a little Hypocritical?

But people are stupid, it is known.

You could always try the kick-to-the-jaw, eat-your-own-testicle approach, to convince them you're fighting for freedom.

It just wouldn't be the same without a talking wolf and a magic sword. Fortunately I can always get my "thing" to rise. I don't require a nasty child to make it happen. Of course, I could always have "Truth" tatooed on my "thing", I guess that might work. But I'm beginning to ramble.

This is about Nadine’s “how to get the boy you like†advise.

I’ve read on Goodkind forums were several people have stated that Goodkind has given them important life lessons. They claim they live better lives because they’ve read his books and it speaks deeply to them. Terry has also said he is giving important lessons about life and how to live.

After reading this passage it is my sincerest hope that one of the lessons that someone out there has learned is that it is bad to invite the guy you really want to join while you are sitting on his brother’s “lance†or if a threesome with his brother isn’t a turn-on he can get sloppy seconds. I don’t think it is out of the realm of possibility to hope that the guys that read Goodkind can also reverse the situation and deduce that doing your g/f’s sister is equally bad.

This could be a TLC’s life lesson, fucking your boyfriend’s, or wanna be boyfriend’s, brother is bad. At least, not without serious discussion first.

we fully appreciate your efforts. in this rampantly litigious society, though, one must be careful to keep the joy within the bounds of Yeardi parody. Heh.

I don’t think we need to be that worried about it. I seem to remember that Terry said that one thing wrong with America is that people sue each other too much, he couldn’t be that hypercritical could he?

I don’t think we need to be that worried about it. I seem to remember that Terry said that one thing wrong with America is that people sue each other too much, he couldn’t be that hypercritical could he?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did hear somewhere that in one of the later books Richard massacres a load of peace protestors for no real reason? Any chance of that for quote of the day?

Um, I've just had a thought... Richard is a Lord, people are obliged to do his bidding - some of htem even seem to have some kind of magical compulsion do do so. AND YET he keeps harking of about freedom and how everyone should be able to chose etc...

am I the only one to find him more than a little Hypocritical?

Goodkind sort of indirectly answered this question in one of the online chats.

Question: <stevo> Terry - your books being about free will i was wondering what your reasoning behind Kahlen’s power destroying free will was all about.

Answer: it was about her free will to use her power to fight those who would initiate force to destroy her or her people. If someone attacks you intending to take your life, you do not owe it to them to let them exercise their free will to kill you.

So to sum up, everyone should have free will, until they get in my way

Quite right Mountaingoat. The spirits decree that the price to get into the Temple of the Winds is that Richard and Kahlan have to get married to other people, and fuck them in order to open the doors. Makes perfect sense to me. I wonder if that always works, could have gotten Gandalf and company into Moria quicker, if only they were willing to fuck each other.

I believe this premise has been covered in every conceivable way, position, and pairing by the slashers.

Oh gawd, what if someone wrote Goodkind slash? Wouldn't that be a sign of the apocalypse?

I did hear somewhere that in one of the later books Richard massacres a load of peace protestors for no real reason? Any chance of that for quote of the day?

Absolutely, its one of the classic moments in Naked Empire. I'll try to get at least one on the board this weekend, but with the hangover I'm planning to have, I don't want to throw too much TG on top of it. So I hope everyone will forgive me if there's nothing until monday morning.

Goodkind sort of indirectly answered this question in one of the online chats.

So to sum up, everyone should have free will, until they get in my way

My problem with Kahlan's power and the "free will" premise, is that Kahlan's power ultimately removes free will from people who have done nothing wrong. Take the Brophy incident. Kahlan admits that she knew he was innocent, mainly because he asked to give a confession. So she used her power, knowing the consequences, and destroyed him. I ask ya, why not use your position as ultimate authority in the midlands to just say, "he's innocent, let him go." I don't buy her explanation that the judge wouldn't let her.

Archived