GOODKIND III

Werthead

Some of Richards power comes from his boundless rage, much like mr. Furious in "Mystery Men". I believe that's what the "thing" is. Letting his anger run amok allows him to commit all sorts of heroic deeds.

:lol:

This is a great comparrison...well done. I think I might start referring to Richard as Lord Furious...is his a Lord after all.

Arya gestured vaguely back at the men and the town behind her. "Since I've been with them, they have come to see that I'm not a psychopath, and Nymeria is not a monster - although for a time there I was afraid they might be right about Nymeria."

Jon peered down at the direwolf. Nymeria cocked her head. "I guess none of us but Nymeria knew the truth of what Jaime was up to." At the sound of her name, Nymeria's ears pricked forward and her tail went into a fit of expectant wagging.

<<long drawn out bunch of crap removed>>

After Jon picked up his pack and slipped his arms through the straps, Tyrion gripped Jon's hand. "Thank you, Lord Snow, for showing me that my life is worth living."

Sansa stepped forward and hugged him. "Thank you for teaching Tyrion to be worthy of me."

Jon laughed. Tyrion laughed. Ygritte gave Sansa an approving clap on the back. And then all the men laughed.

Nymeria pushed in and with a flurry of tail wagging got the point across that she didn't want to be left out.

Jon knelt down and scratched Nymeria's ears. "And you, my friend, from now on I don't want you letting any wargs using you to spy on people."

Nymerya pushed her head against his chest as he scratched her ears, and whimpered as if to say she was sorry.

EB... I always wondered what aSoIaF would be like if Martin had been a devolt follower of Ayn Rand, thank you for answering my question. :lmao:

(Mr. Nobody your reaction to this made me laugh and laugh. :thumbsup: I may have to put it in my sig... )

Outwitted her into what? I'm curious as to where the great battle of wits is here? Gotten her to say her name backwards thus sending her back to the 6th dimention? Extracted an unbreakable vow to leave Kahalan alone? Tricker her into giving up her crown? Talking her into leaping from the tallest tower in the castle?

From what I've seen of Goodking's writing those are possiblities. But I was thinking more like

He could’ve made her cry and run to her mom. Then finishing breaking the bonds he was secretly cutting during their talk and escaped.

He could’ve emphasized how he already made her and her mom submit to him once and used that confuse her and eventually win her loyalty.

Just about any reaction would’ve been better then losing his temper and kicking her teeth out. What exactly is Goodkind trying to say here? That this is acceptable behavior? That Richard had a mental breakdown? That he is no better then a rapid animal that can’t control his impulses?

What exactly is Goodkind trying to say here? That this is acceptable behavior? That Richard had a mental breakdown? That he is no better then a rapid animal that can’t control his impulses?

What Goodkind is trying to say is that Richard's anger is a righteous anger, and that his anger, along with his sword, are evil's bane. It's tacky, gratuitous and very badly written. But that's what he's trying to get across. I'm sure he thought he was being clever when he made a little girl evil incarnate.

What Goodkind is trying to say is that Richard's anger is a righteous anger, and that his anger, along with his sword, are evil's bane. It's tacky, gratuitous and very badly written. But that's what he's trying to get across. I'm sure he thought he was being clever when he made a little girl evil incarnate.

Oh he's thought he's been clever many times in his series. Sadly I don't think he will ever be able to out do the evil chicken though. (Which is clever, as long as you understand it's funny) :lol:

Wait, I want to try something:

Richard threw himself out of the window. Owen threw himself out of the window. Cara gave Marilee an approving push on the back and threw her out of the window. And then all the men threw themselves out of the window.

Yes, I knew that it would work. Nothing like leadership.

...ah...finally someone put into better undestandable...words

Arya gestured vaguely back at the men and the town behind her. "Since I've been with them, they have come to see that I'm not a psychopath, and Nymeria is not a monster - although for a time there I was afraid they might be right about Nymeria."

Jon peered down at the direwolf. Nymeria cocked her head. "I guess none of us but Nymeria knew the truth of what Jaime was up to." At the sound of her name, Nymeria's ears pricked forward and her tail went into a fit of expectant wagging.

<<long drawn out bunch of crap removed>>

After Jon picked up his pack and slipped his arms through the straps, Tyrion gripped Jon's hand. "Thank you, Lord Snow, for showing me that my life is worth living."

Sansa stepped forward and hugged him. "Thank you for teaching Tyrion to be worthy of me."

Jon laughed. Tyrion laughed. Ygritte gave Sansa an approving clap on the back. And then all the men laughed.

Nymeria pushed in and with a flurry of tail wagging got the point across that she didn't want to be left out.

Jon knelt down and scratched Nymeria's ears. "And you, my friend, from now on I don't want you letting any wargs using you to spy on people."

Nymerya pushed her head against his chest as he scratched her ears, and whimpered as if to say she was sorry.

...and to quote Mr. Nobody: MY EYES! THEY BURN!!!!!!!!

Thanks HbS! I completely missed that. Guess that proves that I’m not smart enough to comprehend what Goodkind is writing.

Don't sell yourself short, according to TG you may just be too young.

Agulla, that was hilarious! :rofl:

Ummmmm...kinda off to the side, since I haven't been following the War On Goodkind lately, but I thought MyStar was a woman...?

Mystar is actually Ayn Rand come back to life. Soon she shall rule the world, with Goodkind as her high priest. :mellow:

From what I've seen of Goodking's writing those are possiblities. But I was thinking more like

He could’ve made her cry and run to her mom. Then finishing breaking the bonds he was secretly cutting during their talk and escaped.

He could’ve emphasized how he already made her and her mom submit to him once and used that confuse her and eventually win her loyalty.

Just about any reaction would’ve been better then losing his temper and kicking her teeth out. What exactly is Goodkind trying to say here? That this is acceptable behavior? That Richard had a mental breakdown? That he is no better then a rapid animal that can’t control his impulses?

Ahhhh so here we have it... you don't like the fact that Goodkind didn't consult you when writing this book, and as such feel compelled to point out how the books should have been written. Or more to the truth, to put it simply the fact IS that you missed the allegory in that specific part of the book, the metaphor that true evil left uncheck and unbridled can reign, even in that of a child.... Or have you missed the fact that children have been used to do evil and kill people in war...They are led to believe they are in the right to be cruel...(yeh you missed that...why am I not surprised).

OMG, you guys are killing me :)

great posts over on the goodkind love forum :D

yeah you guys crack us up. GioG never ceases to give us a great chuckle. Which also proves that you people have no life....lol...

Archived