GOODKIND III

Werthead

MMM - give it up - you've read Goodkind. I've only read the first 100 pages or so of WFR, but it was so hideously bad that I just started laughing. I'm tempted to do more sporking, but it seems that Moose's quotes stand pretty well for themselves.

re sporking versus the actual books......this is what amazes me. The books don't even need to be sporked. They are bad enough already. When I read the Chicken segment I was sure it was a joke someone had posted. I was amazed to find that it was not. Then the Goat segment, and then the child abuse segment.

I just can't believe these books even got published let alone sold well.

[mod] Keep it clean people. No personal attacks on one another, even esteemed guests stopping by for a good old ramble. ;) [/mod]

As for Goodkind versus Jordan: Googlefight informs us that the results are

Terry Goodkind: 966,000

Robert Jordan: 55 million

man..now I'm going to be making all kinds of fights

TG: 966000

GRRM 78 million

How interesting...I make a few comments of a milder sort than what I've said when a car waits for 10 seconds after a green light and I get this? I'm sorry, but I don't think what I've said here or elsewhere equals this thread you started.

That thread never gets old. It's a classic. Never have I seen such a bunch of ass kissers before.

"OMG! Thank you for posting that, Ron. I love reading Terry's views on such subjects. His eloquence and character shine through. What a man. What a giant!"

Yeah, what a giant. A giant of Lannister no doubt.

Yeah, but remember those George Martin references are going to include references to the manager of the Beatles (who will be mentioned on every Beatles site and most general music sites out there: that's a LOT of websites) as well.

The letter was sent to Tor, and made the claim that All Canadians have the freedom just the same as Americans have... This person was incorrect. As you will see.

This thread is notable as the two people pointing out Goodkind's numerous mistakes actually 'won' the debate by most standards of rational debate.

Yeah, but remember those George Martin references are going to include references to the manager of the Beatles (who will be mentioned on every Beatles site and most general music sites out there: that's a LOT of websites) as well.

yeah, I got different numbers if I used George R R Martin, George Martin and George RR Martin. TG's and RJ's stayed the same as I didn't vary the spelling of their names. (ok, I spent too much time there)

But equally references to Goodkind may well include references to the Antichrist, Beelzebub, Satan, Lucifer as well as matters faecal.

He even has two: he was raised by a man called George Cypher, but he is really the son of the villain in the first book, Darken Rahl. (Luke, I am your father!) So you can choose: Richard Cypher, or Richard Rahl...

hence this beautiful quote:

"I was out in the woods, looking for evidence of who had killed my father-the man I grew

up thinking was my father, George Cypher, the man who'd raised me.”

Does Richard have a last name?

Begins the story as Richard Cypher, then finds out that Darken Rahl is his father, changes his name after that.

mr. nobuddy is quicker on the draw than I am, darn.

Does Richard have a last name?

Do y'all have any idea how many times I've picked up these books, but just couldn't commit to buying them? Now I think I need to...or maybe I'll get them from the library, not waste the money on them.

Richard's last name starts out being Cypher and winds up being Rahl.

Re: Richard and Violet

You know what mystar's rationalization remind me of?

I was at a family gathering and there was an eight-year old boy (son of a cousin of an in-law). He was saying that going to school is the most horrible thing in the world and that it is a punishment to children to have to go to school. So I told him that I actually enjoyed school and also that learning can be fun. He cocked his head and then asked, "well, what if they will kill your family if you go to school? Would that still be fun?"

It was then that I realized that the boy was just an allegory for evil. His is a boy that is not a boy. An evil boy. To stop the evil from spreading, I kicked his face in. He crumbled to the floor, with blood spurting out. I kindly turned him over so he would be less likely to drown in his own blood (blood that I made spill, nonetheless). After I did that, the cousin of the in-law came up to me and thanked me for helping him find meaning in his life. I laughed. He laughed. His wife then came up and thanked me for making her husband worthy of her love. I clapped her on the back, and all the men laughed. The women, they didn't laugh.

I then put on my wizard robe and crapped on their chests.

The Cypher bit I get...he starts out as a humble nobody...then he becomes Rahl...what's the Rahl? Some sort of bastardization of Rand? :P

well, Rand kicks his ass, no matter which name he uses.

Randall Tarly, however does not fair so well :cry: (but, I'm sure there were not many mix ups with RT's name)

Well done TP, you should start your own babysitting service. I've met lots of children that I would send to you.

In french, "Râle" is what you do when you are agonizing, could be something like "arrrrg".

Richard Arrrg, now that sounds good.

"Grrrrratch luuuuggg Raaach aaaaargh"

"Grrrrratch luuuuggg Raaach aaaaargh"
Hey, isn't from a time when richard throttles a monster, while the monster says he loves him, then he says he loves him too? I thought it was a made up quote at the time.

Do y'all have any idea how many times I've picked up these books, but just couldn't commit to buying them? Now I think I need to...or maybe I'll get them from the library, not waste the money on them.

Definitely go for the second option. Any enjoyment you get from reading the series (and there is a certain pleasure to be found in watching Terry Goodkind's sanity collapse around him) will be overwhelmed by the self-loathing you will feel knowing that you gave money to TG and hence helped to sustain his delusion that there are people who actually like his books. In fact I'm nearly certain that 90% of the books he sells are to people that are just curious how far his dementia has progressed.

Archived