GOODKIND III

Werthead

Terry has stated several times that he uses magic as a metaphor for technology. So “pristinely ungifted†people can’t use, see or be affected by technology? It also begs the question of why Goodkind doesn’t write Sci-fi if he wanted to discuss technology, but that’s a side question.

Some of the people, screaming their contempt, used their fists to attack Richard's men.

In most people’s reality this would read “some of the people, screaming their contempt, used their fist to try to defend themselves from being slaughtered.†It seems in Goodkind’s reality defending yourself from an unprovoked attacked by the forces of Richard is a crime that deserves the death penalty.

At the realization that their defense of the Imperial Order's brutality would actually result in consequences to themselves, the crowd began scattering in fright, screaming curses back at Richard and his men.

That’s Goodkind’s reality.

My reality: At the realization that their peaceful protest in support of their values would actually result in a brutal attack by Richard’s forces and their countrymen, the crowd being scattering in fright, screaming curses back at Richard and their former friends and neighbors.

"Out of the way!" Richard yelled as he closed the distance. This was no time for subtlety or discussions: the success of their attack depended in large part on speed. "Get out of the way! This is your only warning! Get out of the way or die!"

I’m really trying to get my head around this one. At first I thought he was trying to defend them because the Order’s troops where closing in are something. It took me a reread and other people’s comments that his plan all along was to attack the protestors. That’s freaking bizarre! This is just deprived. Are we sure Richard is the good guy of this series?

I’m really having a hard time comprehending this.

His battle plan and faith in his troops is just sad.

Richard is afraid that if he doesn’t overwhelm them in the first rush, he’s going to lose the battle? To a group of unarmed hippies whose entire life was dedicated to non-violence?

I think I need my shirt needs to say: “Lord Richard Rahl, can defeat unarmed hippies in a single battleâ€

Hmm, any more quotes about the hippie massacre? I hadn´t read that. I heard about it, but I am kind of curious;)

Nope, no more slaughter of defenseless hippies. There's a point shortly after where a woman comes at them screaming that they are murderers and full of hate. She gets stabbed through the chest. This pacifist was weilding a big knife, so killing her isn't quite as heroic.

I'd love mystar to come back and defend these three passages as examples of good, exciting and intellectual writing:

1) The Evil Chicken

2) The Nipple Spell

3) The Hippie Massacre

Ill do it:

You dont see the point, because your eyes are blind! People are stupid.

*erm*

But you stupid haters don't want to see what Goodkind is trying to say, you just rant and bully people who really understand that these allegory and metaphor really promote freedom and love. Richard in the last passage was forced to destroy his opponents because they took the side of evil by blocking the forces of good from accomplishing what had to be accomplished. It was the same for Violet, by taking the side of evil they became enemies of good and had to be destroyed regardless of any other characteristic. But you don't want to understand, noone is more blind than someone who refuse to see. So you spread lies and defame Terry because his message scares you too much for you to be able to accept it.

... I suck at mystar-ing :(

Though there aren't anymore hippie slaughters, Naked Empire is full of great stuff: So here's a TG Kwiz o' the day.

<character's> eyes went wide as she gasped.

As she felt hot pain knife through her.

As she felt the thrust of something foreign and terrible beyond anything she could have imagined.

Hot agony lanced through her consciousness all the way into her very soul.

It felt as if her insides were being ripped apart.

She tried to scream but couldn't.

The night went blacker still.

Kahlan heard laughter echoing through her soul.

Is this,

A) Cara being attacked by a chicken that is not a chicken?

B) The sister of the dark getting it on with the barbed-penis demon?

C) Kahlan losing her soul to Nicholas the Slide?

D) Kahlan losing her virginity to Richard.

Answer to be posted later.

It seems in Goodkind’s reality defending yourself from an unprovoked attacked by the forces of Richard is a crime that deserves the death penalty.

No, their real crime was getting in Richard's way. Plus they were probably closet chicken-sympathizers.

But you stupid haters don't want to see what Goodkind is trying to say, you just rant and bully people who really understand that these allegory and metaphor really promote freedom and love. Richard in the last passage was forced to destroy his opponents because they took the side of evil by blocking the forces of good from accomplishing what had to be accomplished. It was the same for Violet, by taking the side of evil they became enemies of good and had to be destroyed regardless of any other characteristic. But you don't want to understand, noone is more blind than someone who refuse to see. So you spread lies and defame Terry because his message scares you too much for you to be able to accept it.

Something I just realized. When Dowling introduced the evil frog-lady (Dolaris?) in Harry Potter, that series just become more sophisticated then SoT.

Archived