GOODKIND III

Werthead

Goodkind quote of the day: Hissing, hackles lifting, the chicken's head rose. Kahlan pulled back. Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway. "Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper. There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot, But she didn't need to see it. "Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath. The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken. This was evil manifest.

--Terry Goodkind, Soul of the Fire

You're welcome. :D

:o Wow. It leaves me speechless... :o :o :o

It cocked its head,

Muahahahahahahahahahha!!! :lmao: :lmao:

That's actually funny!

A chicken cocked its head, get it? Muwahahahah!

wipes tears from eyes

This was evil manifest.

I'd say the same for your books, ser.

If I had a fiction teacher, I would bring a Goodkind book in class, and ask him to explain why someone who is writing exactly the way we are taught not to sells more volumes than most of the by the book authors together. seriously.

I don't doubt he would say it is because people are stupid

I don't doubt he will.

Can a chicken really cock its head...I wonder... :lol:

It's obvious to me now that the "Goodkind quote of the day" must continue. I will provide a new piece of his work every morning for your enjoyment. This is now my purpose. I hope you all appreciate what I will be going through for your enjoyment. Reading TG is hard enough, rereading it is true suffering. But I am willing to do this, for you.

Certainly if you are not mad now, you will be by the time you've been doing this for a week or so. I just got to the bit in The Lies of Locke Lamora where a central character is locked in a coffin full of horsepiss. You are embarking on the literary equivalent of this. I salute you ser!

(whistles The Last Post)

Certainly if you are not mad now, you will be by the time you've been doing this for a week or so. I just got to the bit in The Lies of Locke Lamora where a central character is locked in a coffin full of horsepiss. You are embarking on the literary equivalent of this. I salute you ser!

(whistles The Last Post)

I have my beer, and my whiskey to protect me.

I am shielded in my armor

Hiding in my room

safe within my womb

I read TG, but TG don't touch me

I am a Rock

I am an Island.

A rock feels no pain

And an island never cries.

rereading it is true suffering. But I am willing to do this, for you.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

My cappy day just got a bit better because of this thread and your research

Archived