MLB 2013 III - When Puigs Fly

Myshkin

New thread. Have you guys heard of Yasiel Puig? He's pretty cool. Also, the Dodgers are awesome! Carry on.

If he's voted in/makes it to the All Star Game, this thread needs renaming to 'This little Puigy went to the All Star Game.'..

Pretty encouraged by the Rays' form of late...we've been playing some of the cellar-dwellers but they still have to be beaten. Big series against the Jays coming up after the All-Stars break.

Is there any chance the Bucs will be able to keep up their form this season? They always seem to implode after the break.

Pretty encouraged by the Rays' form of late...we've been playing some of the cellar-dwellers but they still have to be beaten. Big series against the Jays coming up after the All-Stars break.

Is there any chance the Bucs will be able to keep up their form this season? They always seem to implode after the break.

I would love for Pittsburgh to finish above .500 this season. I would be thrilled for their fans if they made the postseason.

Sounds like Puig's not in??

ETA: Matt Holliday might have fucked up his hamstring, but I'll be slightly excited to see the depth. Move Craig to the outfield and play Matt Adams every day at first.

The big news around here was Delabar making it in from the AL. He is a graduate of the same high school I went to (although several years younger...) and after fracturing his elbow a couple years back and thinking he was done in the bigs, he worked as an assistant coach at a cross town high school. Great story and a nice kid.

Reports of the Redsox's demise were greatly exaggerated. Grantland on their turnaround. Although I'm still not so sure about their pitching, but Papi lives and Pedroia and Ellsbury are great players now healthy.

Heh, this turnaround makes Bobby V look even worse to me. I don't like Boston so much, but that makes me smile.

Sounds like some other MLB players are jealous of Puig. Probably because their name is not so close to the bacon producing animal.

Wolverine, you're a Twins fan right? I'm watching the Yanks-Twins game and David Cone was just talking about how good Gardenhire is as a manager. They mentioned he's been there for 12 years and I was just wondering what the general consensus about him is to Twins fans? Liked or disliked? Has he worn out his welcome? I don't know if you're from the Minnesota area?

Timmy!

Lincecum with a no-no. Awesome.

Even though I still hate the Giants with ever ounce of my soul, I'm happy for Timmy. These last two years have been brutal for him. Also, the Giants are objectively evil, and I, like all rational human beings, hate them.

Did not see this coming. 148 pitches is a crazy number of pitches for one outing. Good thing the All-star break is here to save poor Timmy's arm. Congratulations to Mr Lincecum and to fans of his team :)

Related, how do so many bad pitchers get no-hitters? Three years ago, Timmy pitching this way would have made sense. But now? And last year, Humber hurled a perfect game, despite being so far below even average that he got released from Houston. Liriano had a no-hitter in 2011, despite a 5.09 ERA and a WHIP of nearly 1.5. Sometimes the wackiness of baseball is truly baffling.

Archived