Did Drogon kill/eat the Shepards Daughter?

direwienerdog

I have no doubt that Drogon killed the girl, especially when there are sheep and other animals around.

at first the girl's death drives Dany crazy, she is so terrified and scared that she locks up her dragons but at the end she can't even remember the girl's name. does anyone else think this is significant? like Dany is becoming more and more comfortable with the savagery of her dragons?

Dragons should be savage. There's a reason Aegon conquered Westeros with dragons and not just because they can fly. They are to be feared because they can destroy buildings and eat people. And the dragonlords who have earned a place on their backs are feared all the more for being brave enough to do it.

I interested in hearing how you imagine you could save or help someone who was burned to death in under a few seconds. Before blaming the father who just lost his daughter to a monstrous beast for not doing more, could you explain how doing anything would have helped her?

Not blaming the father just want to know what exactly happened during that dreadful day because Dany did not ask. If the father tried to save Hazzea, he must have burns, bites, or something. If he called for help, more people must have gotten bitten, burned or died. If he did nothing, well there's no way he could fight or kill the dragon but he would have died on the attempt instead then his other children would be left wanting. The Shavepate told Dany the man could be lying but she judged Drogon guilty already (and shared that guilt) so she ordered all dragons chained. If Drogon likes snacking on children, then Dany is doomed. Of all the dragons who deserve to rot in the pit, Drogon got away so everyone should be more worried. But when Dany spent days (maybe weeks) inside Drogon's lair, she said nothing about burned and broken bones of humans.

Not blaming the father just want to know what exactly happened during that dreadful day because Dany did not ask. If the father tried to save Hazzea, he must have burns, bites, or something. If he called for help, more people must have gotten bitten, burned or died. If he did nothing, well there's no way he could fight or kill the dragon but he would have died on the attempt instead then his other children would be left wanting. The Shavepate told Dany the man could be lying but she judged Drogon guilty already (and shared that guilt) so she ordered all dragons chained. If Drogon likes snacking on children, then Dany is doomed. Of all the dragons who deserve to rot in the pit, Drogon got away so everyone should be more worried. But when Dany spent days (maybe weeks) inside Drogon's lair, she said nothing about burned and broken bones of humans.

I imagine they talked about it some more after the chapter ended. He couldn't have tried to fight because it was useless and he couldn't have called other people because it was most likely him and daughter in a field. I don't blame him for not being covered in burns or whatever because he could simply have went in shock and I don't blame him for not having more "evidence" because it was likely the farthest thing from his mind. I just don't see the need to question his version of events.

If Drogon likes snacking on children, then Dany is doomed.

I don't see how she's doomed. She couldn't have went on pretending that her dragons aren't monsters (because they undeniably are and their sole reason for existing is being MMDs) or that her house words are not "Fire and Blood". It is only to her benefit to realize that and try to own it.

I have no doubt that Drogon killed the girl, especially when there are sheep and other animals around.

Viserion burnt his brother's intended rider just because he could, there's simply no reason for Drogon to stop eating for a child when he was hungry.

Remember: these dragons are supposed to stop the White Walkers's army, they are meant to kill blue eyed corpses so children pose no challenge for them.

I imagine they talked about it some more after the chapter ended. He couldn't have tried to fight because it was useless and he couldn't have called other people because it was most likely him and daughter in a field. I don't blame him for not being covered in burns or whatever because he could simply have went in shock and I don't blame him for not having more "evidence" because it was likely the farthest thing from his mind. I just don't see the need to question his version of events.

I agree on most parts. Dany did not question his version 'coz she knows the pain of losing someone, too. Her councilors

did question the father's claim though but she choose to believe him.

I don't see how she's doomed. She couldn't have went on pretending that her dragons aren't monsters (because they undeniably are and their sole reason for existing is being MMDs) or that her house words are not "Fire and Blood". It is only to her benefit to realize that and try to own it.
Dany called them monsters and called herself Mother of monsters, too. She's doomed because she thought no one would ever dare to love a dragon doing all fire and blood.

I think that the shepherd believes Drogon killed his daughter, but I don't think that he actually did. Drogon's big enough now that I figure there wouldn't be any bones, or at least not enough to fill up a bag of recognizable human bones. The way Dany describes the deal with all the shepherds, it's probably just a scam. Shepherds burning bones of animals that died from natural causes, let's say, because they know the Dragon Queen will give them a little silver for it.

Knowing this, I think it could have been an early attempt by the Sons of the Harpy to try and do away with the dragons. All they would have to do is abduct the daughter, kill her, burn her body, and dump the bones.

If Drogon is big enough to ride at this point, then the sizes of his bites is going to be so large that even if he ate her a bit at the time, he wouldn't eat the flesh around the bones, he'd rip off an arm and swallow it whole. Something to that extent, at least. Remember the bite radius scene in Jaws.

If Drogon ate all of her then the bones are not going to come out as solid bones afterwards. He's not going to shit a skeleton in a few days.

That being said...I wouldn't be too surprised if he did eat her, though.

at first the girl's death drives Dany crazy, she is so terrified and scared that she locks up her dragons but at the end she can't even remember the girl's name. does anyone else think this is significant? like Dany is becoming more and more comfortable with the savagery of her dragons?

I hope so, we've been waiting five books for some large scale Fire and Blood

No idea, but having someone 'convinced' that it happened is a good way to have Dany confine her 'kids'. Btw, why all the dragon haters? They certainly appear to be apex predators and magical but they aren't a new species. 'Dragon Lords' brought a pre-existing species under their will to be used as, fair enough very persuasive pets, however dragons appear to have existed and thrived just fine on their own before their 'Masters' got involved. What was the ecosystem in Valyria that sustained the dragon populations diet? Oh, we don't know. So little lore is known of Dragons. As far as we know, Dragons are only 'monsters' when they are used as war weapons, (again can't be proved Drogon ate the girl?) Personally I see the Dragons as key to fighting the Others and changing the seriously unbalanced nature of the seasons in Westeros. Unless the magical nature of Dragons causes them to expel intact (and identifiable as) human bones for random evidence, then that is a significant digestive flaw.....

Nope. Drogon apears, eats the boar that just won a fight with a human fighter, eats the fighter, and then people come at him, and then Dany shows up with the whip.

Dany was super stressed about the fighting and dying. I submit Drogon has a mental bond with Dany.

I it was only the blood and noise he might have attacked a butcher by now.

I just find myself asking how a huge dragon doesn't just crunch up the bones. Why would they be roasted,the flesh would be not the bones. Did he sit and eat the girl with a knife and fork and roast the bones when he was done?

Archived