That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

I completely agree. There isn't enough time to emotionally invest in the character before he dies, so when rereading, you find yourself asking, "What is the point?"

I see your birthday was recently. Happy belated! And that's exactly how I feel. I actually enjoyed the content of the chapters but because there was no depth, I couldn't really get into them. They're the exact opposite of the Catelyn chapters from ASOS.

I see your birthday was recently. Happy belated! And that's exactly how I feel. I actually enjoyed the content of the chapters but because there was no depth, I couldn't really get into them. They're the exact opposite of the Catelyn chapters from ASOS.

Thanks! And once again, I completely agree. Rereading Catelyn's chapters are heartbreaking.

Sansa and Cersei. Sansa is usually put-me-to-sleep boring and Cersei I loathed before she had POV's and those POV's in AFFC did nothing to change that. I must admit though that Sansa's chapters are somewhat interesting in AFFC but that is only because of LF and his awesomeness. It just baffles the hell out of me the fanbase she has. To each their own I guess but to me the only 3 things of note I remember Sansa doing so far is 1) selling out Arya which led to the death of Lady 2) selling out her father to queen which lead to his death 3)being used by seemingly every non-Stark character to further some sort of political agenda.

I find all chapters to be worthwhile and enjoyable, but I have my favorites and those I enjoy less than others. Among the main POV characters.

In A Game of Thrones: Sansa Stark. She's simply to navie, and to prim and proper here. I like her chapters more and more as the story goes on though.

In A Clash of Kings: Theon Greyjoy. He's quite an unlikeable person here, though he's flown up to become one of my absolute favorites after ADwD.

In A Storm of Swords: Davos Seaworth. I Love Davos, but his chapter was a bit to slow compared to the other characters. The quality of ASoS still makes them very enjoyable though.

In A Feast for Crows: Brienne of Tarth. I like Brienne, and her story had it's moments, but it still happened far to little.

In A Dance with Dragons: Daenerys Targaryen. Her story in ADwD was important, but quite slow to read, and Barristans and Quentyns chapter was what kept the Slaver's Bay story alive IMO. ALso, I grew less fond of her than I previously was.

I found Hodor's Chapter to be underwhelming. His stance on the hypocrisy of Westerosi political bureaucracy was poignant, but I found his constant need to relate every single event into a long philosophical discussion of comparative analysis got to be a little much.

Archived