That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

Dany started off well, but I wasn't very interested in court-Dany. But I still care about her simply because of the will-she-or-won't she storyline with regards to going to Westeros. In Meereen, though, I much preferred Barristans POV over hers. Quentyn himself was a bore, but his comrades were interesting enough to make his chapters bearable. He's still up there with brienne with the 2 least interesting POV chapters.

She especifically asked for a count on their way to the City and, when they asked her how many masters had to be sacrificed to please her, Dany pointedly said: 163.

That's exactly one master per slave child.

Yes, and then she let the Masters choose the 163 for themselves. Do the think the leaders were likely to put themselves forward?

Doesn't matter: they killed those children because they could so Dany demanded their subjects's lives because she could. The point remains, there's a new Sheriff in Town.

And its last name is Targaryen.

Doesn't matter: they killed those children because they could so Dany demanded their subjects's lives because she could. The point remains, there's a new Sheriff in Town.

Yeah, but the point is that gives the lie to the whole 'Daenerys Christ, the Redeemer etc.' that so many people seem to believe in.

Doesn't matter: they killed those children because they could so Dany demanded their subjects's lives because she could.

She doesn't know if those were the masters of the crucified slaves or not. That's the point about having no evidence at all. She just demanded 163 people. And yes, it does matter.

The point remains, there's a new Sheriff in Town. And it ain't the leaders.

And that's a horrible message to send to a group of people you are trying to conquer and rule. If you make nice with them you have a shot at a peaceful happy reign, if not you wont last long, dragons or no taking and holding a hostile territory is extremely hard/impossible without support from the population.

Yeah, but the point is that gives the lie to the whole 'Daenerys Christ, the Redeemer etc.' that so many people seem to believe in.

She's an emancipator, no a redeemer. Its not exactly the same thing (just ask Victarion Greyjoy's crew).

These's a new vengeful queen in town. If it's not bad enough that Dany decides crucifying people is okay, she doesn't even take care to ensure they are the ones responsible. She just brutally murders 163 scapegoats out of vengeance, not justice. Long live the queen indeed.

Bran, up until aDwD. Never gave a fuck about the Reeds, found most of his PoV to be dull, it never really went anywhere, I never was to interested in the three eyed Raven. I definitely thought he was the worst part of SoS. Even Queenscrown and KotLT couldn't make him interesting to me. I think it's partly because he's a child, and there's not as many interesting thoughts as with other PoV characters. That said, I really enjoyed his DwD chapters, probably because I find Bloodraven pretty awesome.

Runnersup - Areo Hotah (seriously, does that guy have any personality?), Quentyn, Dany + Tyrion in DwD, Brienne ( Fuck Nimble Dick)

I actually enjoyed Damphair on re-reads, unlike many others.

I think Quentyn is overall my least favorite POV. It was initally cool to see him go after Dany, but he didn't do anything exciting really. I pitied him more than I enjoyed him.

I don't really care for Areo Hotah as a character, since he practically has no personality. However I enjoy his eyes into Dorne, as they are unbiased. He is a cool soul in a land of hotheads.

Tell the truth, you don't like him cause he helped defeat Stannis at the Blackwater.

Yes, that's the only reason why anyone could possibly dislike Tyrion. It couldn't possibly be from the fact that he hits and kills the woman he claims to love, forcibly marries children, rapes slaves, murders people, sets the Vale on fire out of revenge against a single person, supports his tyrant of a nephew, and has POVs that come across as a one long pity party.

It's totally because he beat Stannis.

Yeah but with the way the show has been whitewashing both tyrion and dany I doubt they show any of it. So don't expect to see any of it, and tyrions numerous rapes will be left out.

Man, dany and tyrion really are terrible. Tyrions only saving grace was being present at numerous battles giving us a look at westerosi troops, dany doesn't even have that.

Good point. They might show others doing the crucifying, but they won't have Dany do it.

Yes, that's the only reason why anyone could possibly dislike Tyrion. It couldn't possibly be from the fact that he hits and kills the woman he claims to love, forcibly marries children, rapes slaves, murders people, sets the Vale on fire out of revenge against a single person, supports his tyrant of a nephew, and has POVs that come across as a one long pity party.

It's totally because he beat Stannis.

Who ended up selling him out and humiliating him in front of the entire court of King's Landing.

He had no choice but to marry Sansa, he couldn't possibly defy Tywin and expect anything good to come of it.

Was Tyrion supposed to go against his entire family, the only people that kept him from getting killed many times, and support who exactly?

Dany is a better person than Tyrion, IMO. How many good deeds has he done, in comparison, to Dany?

It depends on who you ask. I say none. Bran's saddle was paying the Lannister debt for also trying to kill him and not raping Sansa was about his pride.

Who ended up selling him out and humiliating him in front of the entire court of King's Landing.

He had no choice but to marry Sansa, he couldn't possibly defy Tywin and expect anything good to come of it.

Was Tyrion supposed to go against his entire family, the only people that kept him from getting killed many times, and support who exactly?

-Shae didn't deserve death for it. More, that wasn't his motivation for killing her.

- Yes, he really did. Compare Tywin's presentation of marriage between Cersei and Tyrion. It's quite a big difference. He even said that he'd find Tyrion another bride.

- Actually, I wouldn't expect anything more from Tyrion than what he already did. His moral compass firmly points to CR and he is very comfortable commiting murder and treason in support of that.

To me the non-Theon Greyjoy stuff is pretty awesome(except Damphair is more of an incomplete, since we haven't seen enough of his arc yet for me to say one way or another. He's kind of intriguing I think), it's just the way they brought them in was kind of abrupt. After the awesome Storm of Swords ending and you want to see where Tyrion goes from there, what happens with Littlefinger, what will Arya's training be like...but all of a sudden you're reading about who will replace Balon as king of the Iron Islands. So that was frustrating. But I think that past that it becomes really cool, especially Victarion's whole story.

But as for characters I don't care for, it would have to be Arianne and Quentyn. I just find this stuff really dull compared to the rest of it. Not counting Areo Hotah as a true POV just yet. Haven't seen enough. Jon Connington too, though I can't say I find him too intriguing at this point.

Just what was the POINT of those Quentyn chapters? I feel like it would have been a lot more gripping if Quentyn had been a part of the story earlier on in the series.

Tyrion is Lawful Neutral Good at the beginning of the series and Chaotic Neutral Good by ADWD.

No he is not. If we are talking character alignment here, Tyrion is actually closer to true Neutral in the beginning but goes into Neutral Evil rather quickly.

Archived