Fake Aria, casting speculation {Book Spoiler}

Hashual

hi guys,

WIC reported that: "Charlotte Hope, who played one of Ramsay’s women last season, recently tweeted that she’s been taking horseback riding lessons. It’s been pretty common for the production to give horseback riding lessons to any cast member who needs to ride a horse during filming. It sounds like we may see her in season 4 and she will likely be ahorse."

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/day-5-the-first-week-of-filming/

Remsey's women? Horse? Could she be our fake Aria? Plus, she already preformed on a nude scene, something that can also be a clue...

She has some photos, where it seems that a resemblence to Maisie Wiiliams is passable, like this one:

http://charlotte-hope.webs.com/photos/undefined/faa960411cb8a841414b3409194664ef.jpeg

Indeed, the eye color is different, but that isn't a problem for make up artists to change.

Thoughts?

It's possible, but I really hope not. I don't know how old she is, and obviously anyone playing Farya would have to be at least 18, but I'd rather we had someone who was as close to Maisie's age as possible.

I also felt she wasn't a very good actor though in all honesty the material in her one scene was so poor that that may not be her fault. The big problem is that she really didn't show any fear of Ramsay and seemed perfectly willing to join in with torturing Theon.

ETA: More likely we'll just be getting a scene of Ramsay hunting women and hopefully it won't be too fillerish.

Agreed about the quality side.

Age wise, I think that she can be made look young relatively easy. She has a baby face.

About the dinamics with Ramsy, they can allways change the dinamics so that it will become co-conspirators relationship rather then abuse relationship. They have did worse.

Agreed about the quality side.

Age wise, I think that she can be made look young relatively easy. She has a baby face.

About the dinamics with Ramsy, they can allways change the dinamics so that it will become co-conspirators relationship rather then abuse relationship. They have did worse.

Wait so you're suggesting that Farya will be in on the scheme, and working with Ramsay? That would be awful, and it would completely destroy Theon's arc and interactions with her.

Sadly, yes. I think it's possible.

I disagree. They've made some missteps with Theon's arc but clearly they love the character and therefore I don't believe they would butcher his arc like that. Obviously his season 3 story was terrible, but that's because they wanted to keep him on screen without any book material to work from. Once they get back on track to the books, hopefully in S4 or possibly in S5, I'm confident Theon will go back to being some of the best stuff in the season.

If Myranda does become Farya, which I consider unlikely, they'll just retcon her into having been pretending to enjoy torturing Theon and make her a scared young woman like in the books for Theon to rescue.

I disagree. They've made some missteps with Theon's arc but clearly they love the character and therefore I don't believe they would butcher his arc like that. Obviously his season 3 story was terrible, but that's because they wanted to keep him on screen without any book material to work from. Once they get back on track to the books, hopefully in S4 or possibly in S5, I'm confident Theon will go back to being some of the best stuff in the season.

If Myranda does become Farya, which I consider unlikely, they'll just retcon her into having been pretending to enjoy torturing Theon and make her a scared young woman like in the books for Theon to rescue.

For more worrysome thoughts about theon's arc, i adress you to the last "Yara"'s scene.

For more worrysome thoughts about theon's arc, i adress you to the last "Yara"'s scene.

It's too early to tell but I don't think that will impact Theon's arc for a while personally. Imo in S4 Yara will be captured by Stannis en-route to the Dreadfort (explaining why she specifically said she was sailing up the Narrow Sea.), and will be taken to the Wall with Stannis. In S5 Melisandre will send her with Mance to Winterfell, taking the place of the Spearwives. This will be a deviation from Theon's arc however it will quickly put things back on track with the books and won't effect any of Theon's character development.

We'll see.

Anyway, Theon arc could have been so much better. I think it was saved by Alfie's great preformance and understanding of Theon, but had a rather weak plot development, specifically on season two, and how they dealt with the original material (no reek, no Ramsy turning on Rodrick, not really dealing with the sacking).

Also, Theon's reek transformation was disappointing. Ramsy tourtured him conitinuessly, but he stood proud. then, three punches and yay i'm Reek! If you are confident about book's Theon characteristics saved, you haven't seen the same show I have seen..

That being said, I'm only 40% behind my Myranda is Farya theory. Still, I found it interesting enough to report.

Also, Theon's reek transformation was disappointing. Ramsy tourtured him conitinuessly, but he stood proud. then, three punches and yay i'm Reek! If you are confident about book's Theon characteristics saved, you haven't seen the same show I have seen..

Theon accepted the name "Reek" to stop the pain Ramsay was inflicting on him. I don't think he's truly embraced the identity yet. They have a whole season for them to establish this. 3x10 was merely the birth of Reek. I'm guessing we will see the manifestation of the name grow in season 4.

Possibly, still the "making up" of reek (hey, you smell bad. lets call you reek!) was not convincing. it was no more then a wink for the book readers, and lost the story's role of reek, as a "position" in the bolton household. Hek, in the way of things he could have just called him "dickless" in it would have made more sense for the story (dick loss being the motif of the show).

The backstory and origins of "Reek" isn't as important as what the name symbolises: the complete obliteration of what was Theon Greyjoy. Reek isn't just a servant, it represents the loss of Theon's identity, and a coping mechanism he uses to hide from the guilt of the crimes he committed as Theon Greyjoy. While I agree that the loss of the servant Reek does lessen the Theon/Ramsay dynamic and simplifies Ramsay's reasons for torturing Theon, the essence is still preserved. Theon is still brutally tortured due to Ramsay's sadism, becomes his plaything and loses his identity. And we'll have to wait and see whether Theon uses the identity of Reek as almost a form of sanctuary in the show as well.

So far in his tourturing Ramsy didn't pressed on the "you are nothing" button. If it won't happen this season, him (Theon) reaching this condition will be unreliable. There were a lot of tourtre scenes this last season, and I already heard complaints about it being too much for watchers. Will they be able to make a reliable shift, without disgusting viewers? We'll see.

Assuming that the Boltons do go with the fArya route in Show like they do in the books, I would actually hope that they bring back the actress that played Jeyne Poole briefly in Season 1. She actually did bear a resemblance to Arya like she's supposed to in the books, and it'd be a nice nod to the thread of that arc from the novels even if they give her a completely different back story in Show.

Barring that, it wouldn't be someone already known to serve Ramsey. Roose wouldn't allow it on the grounds that there'd be too much of a chance that gossip among the servants would make its way to a lord or lady and betray the lie. It's more likely that Miss Hope's character is going to be the victim of a game of Ramsey's, possibly even with Theon being brought along so that Ramsey can dehumanize him a little more by ordering him to skin her after she's dead or something.

If Charlotte Hope is taking horseback riding lessons is it possible they want her to take the role of Kyra when she and Theon fled the Dreadfort. Currently Theon's story is well ahead of most of the others and this would allow the rest to catch up.

Do they really want to do another "escape" scene from the Dreadfort, just to end with Theon back where he was and getting punished? Doubt it.

The girl who played Jeyne Pool looked like Arya, why cast another?

Legal age for the explicit scenes. Acting prowess.

Do they really want to do another "escape" scene from the Dreadfort, just to end with Theon back where he was and getting punished? Doubt it.

Legal age for the explicit scenes. Acting prowess.

You don't really need the explicit scenes with FArya. Really, the only truly explicit scene was in the books to give us Theon's reveal about his lost manhood. We've already had that reveal, so this entire scene could be cut.

Archived