Top 4 POV Characters Stories?

TamingAemon

1. Theon - The Reek-chapters are probably the best chapters in the whole series.

2. Bran - Mostly post-ACoK. I love his creepy magic storyline.

3. Davos - One word: Stannis.

4. Sam - I can't really say why. But I really like his storyline.

Honourable mentions:

Jon.

Eddard.

Sansa.

Jaime.

1) Sansa - Her chapters never cease to amaze me. She's the only one who I feel always progresses page by page. I love it, and her snow castle scene is beautifully written.

2) Asha - Her chapters are never boring and she is a fun narrator. Her Dance chapters are especially thrilling

3) Sam - I just love reading about whatever he's up to. He's such a lovable chap that I really always want to know what he's doing. He is always doing something interesting as well, and it's only going to get more interesting here on out!

4) Reek -- In my opinion, I found Theon's chapters frustrating because I kept wanting to slap him. However, Reek's chapters are so incredibly well written, and I honestly think without them Dance would not have been NEARLY as good. I'm a huge fan of post CoK Theon. Very, very, very impressive character development and writing.

------

Honorable mentions: Jamie, Davos, Cersei, the Dornish in general.

P.S I know it's unrelated, but I find Brienne as a POV is incredibly sleep inducing. I also really hate Victarion's POV because I think his whole approach is vomit-inducing. Finally, I realllllllllly HATEEEEEEEE Mr. Spongebob Seaweed Drowned God. I just want to scream whenever it's his P.O.V :ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:

1.Arya- Her arc is the best in the series. I especially love her ACOK and ASOS story. What I love about her ADWD storyline is how she is finally getting a chance to breathe and become more powerful. In her last ADWD chapter all I could think was that this badass is going to rock Westeros!

2.Jon- He's our eyes to the North and the others.

3.Eddard

4.Catleyn-Her story is more heartbreaking than anyone else's.

1. Theon Greyjoy: His chapters showed great development of the character, well written and the two sides of an individual. The beast and the man in one body, showing the conflicting life of the Prince of Winterfell

2. Davos: Humble, loyal and compromising, the best role model for people

3. Cersei Baratheon: It's quite new, to read how one person brought down their own kingdom

4. Jon: Explored the north and the life on the wall

• 1 month later...

1. Dany- I have a real love for the exotic feel that Essos has and I find her character development to be the most compelling although she does tend to stall.

2. Cersei- Her chapters are just freaking hilarious, her sharp tongue and condescending nature coupled with her own incompetence is thrilling to me.

3. Davos- You can't help but root for the guy.

4. Cat- Her POV's are always lush and descriptive and you get a real sense of her character and how much she loves her children.

The best stories of all are Tyrion's and Arya's.

Tyrion is by far the most interesting and complex character in the books, a very unique literary invention. And the philosophical, political and moral questions around his voyage are very present day issues, away from conventional fantasy tropes. Tyrion as character is the bridge between us modern readers and Martin's world.

Arya's , or Dany's and Jon's story, are of more conventional genre dramaturgy but captivating as well.

I could name some second line characters like Jaime, Cersei, Brienne, Sam or Davos, whose stories leave me in awe as well.

And Sansa has some potential yet to be realized, while so far she was witness and observing bystander in important events the show has positioned her as active schemer in a very promising manner, no longer victim to be pitied - pity is death to fascination - but taking charge of her fate.

1. Daenerys Stormborn. No question. Yes, even her aDwD chapters which I enjoyed.

2. Arya. Admittedly slowed down, but knowing she had chapters was one of the few things that got me through Feast

3. Bran. Much more invested in the big plot.

4. Catelyn. Her arc as a matriarch and political advisor to Robb was much more interesting than Robb's own journey, though I also enjoy it.

Worst four is a tie between every POV introduced after book one except maybe Samwell. We'll see.

1. Sansa

The development in her character is very interesting to read and she gives us many insides on different characters formerly Cersei and Joffrey and now Lord Baelish.

2. Jon

It's fun to read about him becoming a leader and becoming a man from the bastard he once was.

3. Cersei

Her idiocy is amusing to read. It's just funny reading about the stupid the things she's going to do next.

4. Davos

We don't get much information involving Stannis so it's nice having Davos around to do just that.

Archived