Worst Sibling in ASOIAF

The Prince of Ice

Prince of Ice, Mighty Potato

I look forth to that battle :box: I shall defend Lame Lothar, Black Walder & Co. with my life :devil:.

To get back on topic, those who feel Viserys was a terrible sibling, must surely feel Dany was even worse for what she let Drogo do to Viserys. And I won't even mention the fact that she didn't mourn him, at all.

Im waiting on baited breath for the day i can meet you on that battlefield. Be prepared.

That relationship was dead on both sides by the time we meet them IMO. They still cared for one another slightly but thats just because their family but the relationship was basically dead.

Almost every family has a bad sibling, I don't like the Tyrells but they do stick together.

Gregor or Ramsay don't need to be said, Arianne glad her bro is out of the picture so he's no longer a threat to her inheritance,

Joffrey

Lysa

Sansa

Asha only went after theon so she can use him.

Almost every family has a bad sibling, I don't like the Tyrells but they do stick together.

Gregor or Ramsay don't need to be said, Arianne glad her bro is out of the picture so he's no longer a threat to her inheritance,

Joffrey

Lysa

Sansa

Asha only went after theon so she can use him.

I hated how the show portrayed her as the loving sister going to save her captured beloved brother.

Completely ruined the character for me.

Sansa

Shouldn't that be Robb? Seeing how he allowed his sisters stay Lannister prisoners and suffer abuse because he was to proud to make a trade for them as it might make him look weak.

To get back on topic, those who feel Viserys was a terrible sibling, must surely feel Dany was even worse for what she let Drogo do to Viserys. And I won't even mention the fact that she didn't mourn him, at all.

I don't even particularly for Dany, but Vieserys got himself killed and there was little to nothing she could do about it.

Shouldn't that be Robb? Seeing how he allowed his sisters stay Lannister prisoners and suffer abuse because he was to proud to make a trade for them as it might make him look weak.

:agree:

Sansa was just being a bratty older sister, Robb on the other hand put his pride above her and Arya's protection.

Worst siblings:

Robb

Ramsay

Cersei

Gregor

Lysa

All the Greyjoy brothers are bad and same goes for the Baratheon brothers

Cersei (tries to kill one and sleeps with the other)

Ramsay-didnt he kill his half brother and is getting ready to take out the other?

Gregor

Stannis/Renly

On the reverse, Jamie wins some solid big bro points for rescuing tyrion, even though he was a bit of a thankless dick about it

Cersei (tries to kill one and sleeps with the other)

Ramsay-didnt he kill his half brother and is getting ready to take out the other?

Gregor

Stannis/Renly

On the reverse, Jamie wins some solid big bro points for rescuing tyrion, even though he was a bit of a thankless dick about it

Jaime loses points for being a spineless coward and lying about Tysha.

Jaime loses points for being a spineless coward and lying about Tysha.

well, we know that tysha wasnt a whore in the traditional sense, but it is still very likely she was something worse (a gold digging whore)...and i'm sure on the very very slim chance that she wasn't a gold digging whore, then jamie through tywin had a very very good reason for believing she didnt care at all about tyrion and just stayed with him because of his wealth and position, so in essence I still think jamie was trying to protect tyrion...but even still, he more then makes up for it by selflessly risking his life to save tyrion

Probably have to include Tyrion and Jaime too.

Why Jaime? Minus the Tysha incident he was the only one who actually loved Tyrion and protected him from Cersei and Tywin.

He was very loyal to Cersei as well pre AFFC

Hold on - there was some Sansa-skirmishing earlier in this thread but no really dive into her shittiness as a sister...

The early stuff, making fun of Arya for needlework, being dirty, etc - no biggie. She's the older sister, and Arya was a bit of a punk as a kid. No harm there.

Selling her out regarding Joffrey by the Trident? WTF!!! Horrible move sis, that was straight up cold blooded lying, selling her out for the dick of a Joff, and as a DIRECT result, the Hound hunted down and killed Mycah. Who was innocent. Nymeria was almost killed, and as a result, Arya was put into severe danger for the next, 4.5 books. And then it leads to Sansa losing Lady, and in the moment of most perfect clarification of how the sisters stack up as sisters, Arya goes wild trying to defend Lady! After Sansa just completely sold her out!

And then she forgot to even mention her in the blackmail letter Cersei had her write to Robb and Catelyn.

So yes, Sansa has had it tough, but she was horrible to Arya. And frankly, she should have learned her lesson vis a vis Cersei/Joff from the incident by the Trident so that she didn't run to Cersei and direct screw Ned in KL.

But in response to OP - Viserys is pretty bad. Renly and Stannis were pretty bad to each other, Renly for not supporting his brother in the first place, and Stannis for, well, killing Renly.

Why Jaime? Minus the Tysha incident he was the only one who actually loved Tyrion and protected him from Cersei and Tywin.

He was very loyal to Cersei as well pre AFFC

I can see what you mean. He doesn't come close to the likes of Gregor etc. But still, he lied to Tyrion and then abandoned Cersei. (Which I was fine with)

I'm surprised by how high Cersei ranks on the list for some. She's a terrible sibling for sure but I can think of at least six or seven characters who go way past her level of cruelty. More to the point, if he'd had to choose, I can't help but think that Tyrion would prefer having a sibling like Cersei to having a sibling like Gregor Clegane or Euron Greyjoy.

Gregor, Euron, Aerys II, Prince Aerion Brightflame, VIserys, and Ramsay are the worst.

Stannis was a dick to Renly as far as I'm concerned (it's one thing to kill him in a fair battle, it's another to have his witch girlfriend take his brother out without Renly ever having a chance to defend himself.) I'm glad Stannis is tormented by that peach.

The other honorable mentions are Lysa, Cersei, and Tyrion (I feel like he hurt Jaime far more than the other way around but that's JMO),.

Re: Sansa, I think I had a bigger problem with the way she was with Jon than the way she was with Arya. I can completely understand why she thought Arya was an annoying, pain in the ass but with Jon I thought she was taking Catelyn's lead and I hated that. One of my favorite Sansa moments is when she acknowledges how sweet it would be to see her brother Jon again.

Aerys you've gotta feel sorry for Rhaella

Definately but then again the Targaryens were either too nice or too awful to their siblings.

Aegon the Unworthy is a good example, poor Naerys was humiliated by him. And then of course there is Baelor the Blessed, who locked his sisters away, so that they won't tempt him.

Archived