Worst Sibling in ASOIAF

The Prince of Ice

Must say Targaryens are on a level of their own; Aerys, Maegor, Baelor, Viserys etc.

How is Sansa one of the worst siblings in ASOIAF? And I absolutely hate when people hate on Dany for not 'saving' Viserys.

Do Sansa haters need a reason? If there's a thread like this you know they're going to say Sansa, it's even better when they insist they were never bratty as a kid :rolleyes:

Agree with Dany, it's do stupid that people think she'd try and defend an idiot who just threatened a pregnant khaleesi. Viserys was asking for it <_<

sansa betrayed her sister. thats pretty low in my book i may have been an asshole as a child but never to my sisters family is family, you protect your family.

of course she is very far from the top of the list, you have crappy siblings like sansa and then you have MONSTERS like gregor ramsay or euron.

Dragonstone was a strong targaryen loyalist hold and who better handle such people than a hard man and no other than stannis, that's why Robert gave it to him... Besides he was the admiral of the royal fleet.. Robert did love his brothers but not fond of them...

Euron, Ramsay, Gregor, Cersei to Tyrion, Tyrion to Cersei, Viserys isn't the king of brothers either... Lysa is in top 10 too... Robert, Stannis, Renly...

And yeah, Sansa is a crappy sister too, but that's mostly her limitless stupidity in GoT... later she improves, only there are no siblings left to be a good sister to. But Sansa's crappiness is nowhere near the others mentioned above. Maybe Lysa and the Baratheon brothers are somewhere around her level too...

Euron, Ramsay and Gregor probably make up the top 3.

Euron is by far the worst. Out of the three brothers that survived to adulthood he;

1. Killed one (Balon)

2. Raped the other's wife (Victarion)

3. Possibly molested the last one (Aeron)

Gregor obviously comes second, as he horrifically burned one, and killed another (if the rumors are true)

sansa betrayed her sister. thats pretty low in my book i may have been an asshole as a child but never to my sisters family is family, you protect your family.

How did she betray Arya?

If you're going to attack a Stark, say Robb's the crap sibling

-snip-

She and Arya bickered that is what siblings do and for what is all worth it seems like Arya was equally culpable in their fights as Sansa. Next, no she didn't side with Joffrey at the expense of Arya during the trident. In how she took a perfectly neutral position in hopes of neither being punished as she was a scared little girl. Additionally, Myach was dead before she even spoke seeing how Ned ran into Sandor with Myach's body not that long afterwards and they hardly had the means to contract Sandor about the changing development of the trial.

Re: Sansa, I think I had a bigger problem with the way she was with Jon than the way she was with Arya. I can completely understand why she thought Arya was an annoying, pain in the ass but with Jon I thought she was taking Catelyn's lead and I hated that. One of my favorite Sansa moments is when she acknowledges how sweet it would be to see her brother Jon again.

Calling someone your half-brother that is your half-brother is not mistreatment, instead it is just generally being overly formal. Moreover, even then all of the Stark children besides Rickon(who is three) consider/call Jon a bastard at some point. Both Sansa and Jon think of each fondly and don't seem to ever had a deep distrust of each other.

No offense, I doubt that anyone was not an asshole to one of their siblings at anytime of their lives. Moreover, as earlier mentioned within their fights Arya was generally equally responsible as it is not she worked to get along with Sansa either.

Archived