Stark Comeback - Longsword Ice

SkaggCannibal

I thought Ice was meant to represent House Stark, and like the House itself it splits in two. Widow's Wail is like Jon whose widowed mother cries and dies as she births him at the Tower of Joy and Oathkeeper is the dedication the Starks have to the North itself.

Original sword of Stark House is missing.I always thought original sword Ice was the sword of an Other or something special.I mean Starks are called Kings of Winter their sword is Ice and their spirit guide or pet are direwolves they are too close to the theme of Winter and Wild.I think there was more to the battle of Dawn then we understand.We all think Others are evil but GRRM stated more then once that Others are a unique creatures.I think the Ice we know is just a dummy and you have to get the irony.The Ice we know was dragonglass, frozen fire, and it is split in two I think the more important thing is valaryian sword Ice was destroyed for a reason that sword is destroyed for a reason, because it didn't represent the soul of house Stark.I think the original sword is deep within the tombs in the collapsed part and I don't think it was collapsed I think it was demolished because of a reason.Maybe there is a weirwood throne and maybe next to it the original Ice I don't know.But I think Starks were orginally were the kings of both men and the others.I think battle of dawn was ended with a treaty Others and original sword Ice was given to the Starks as a magical lordship sword.Starks were sitting on top of it all these years it was probably in the tombs next to a weirwood throne.This original sword was probably too powerfull I mean it gives you the power of life and death(it gives you the right to order the Others) that is why it was sealed in the tombs it was too dangerous to be wielded.This is a really crackpot theory but it seems possible to me and it explains why it was said that "there has to be a stark in winterfell" while Starks are near sword was active and Others were waiting but once the Starks were gone Others began their assaults.

Starks are going to some how recover Dark Sister. From Blood Raven in his cave. Or in the crypts of Winterfell, a bride gift from R to L. This will be the new sword of House Stark

Long Claw will go back to Jorah when he takes the black.

Jon will wield Dawn. Also known as Light Bringer Or Dragon Steel

Anyone else think it kinda silly that the Starks named their sword after a street drug? :)

They named it Baby Blue?

All jokes aside, remember how they said the sword not only was hard to split but that the blade fought to stay together? If Gendry only knew the rudiments of reforging, I suspect Ice would do the rest. It wants to be made whole again.

I always wanted Ice reforged, then I considered just how little these Valyiran Steel swords have actually impacted the story.

Are they really that incredible? I think the only person so far to wield one with any great effect is Harras Harlaw on the Shield Islands, and that can be largely attributed to his skill at arms anyway..

Original sword of Stark House is missing.I always thought original sword Ice was the sword of an Other or something special.I mean Starks are called Kings of Winter their sword is Ice and their spirit guide or pet are direwolves they are too close to the theme of Winter and Wild.I think there was more to the battle of Dawn then we understand.We all think Others are evil but GRRM stated more then once that Others are a unique creatures.I think the Ice we know is just a dummy and you have to get the irony.The Ice we know was dragonglass, frozen fire, and it is split in two I think the more important thing is valaryian sword Ice was destroyed for a reason that sword is destroyed for a reason, because it didn't represent the soul of house Stark.I think the original sword is deep within the tombs in the collapsed part and I don't think it was collapsed I think it was demolished because of a reason.Maybe there is a weirwood throne and maybe next to it the original Ice I don't know.But I think Starks were orginally were the kings of both men and the others.I think battle of dawn was ended with a treaty Others and original sword Ice was given to the Starks as a magical lordship sword.Starks were sitting on top of it all these years it was probably in the tombs next to a weirwood throne.This original sword was probably too powerfull I mean it gives you the power of life and death(it gives you the right to order the Others) that is why it was sealed in the tombs it was too dangerous to be wielded.This is a really crackpot theory but it seems possible to me and it explains why it was said that "there has to be a stark in winterfell" while Starks are near sword was active and Others were waiting but once the Starks were gone Others began their assaults.

I agree with you, I like the idea of the original Ice being an Other's sword and that the Other's aren't who we think they are.

Archived