Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

I imagine they'll be merging Nestoris with the other Iron Bank representative who comes to meet with Cersei, which is a logical combination. We'll probably see him haggling with Tywin and/or Tyrion, setting up Cersei's eventual rejection of him next year.

I'm genuinely surprised that he'll be playing Tycho Nestoris, because it seems so early for the character to be introduced (unless he's getting merged with another character). Looking forward to it, though.

Well it has the added benefit of giving some exposition about Bravvos otherwise. Are we sure he is going to be at KL though. I could of sworn that the KL people weren't shooting yet when he was shooting. I seem to remember him shooting at the same time as Stannis crew.

The logic that he'll have a bigger role in the future of the books is suspect. We know some actors like Burn Gorman are totally cool with having a small role (he said so in a video posted recently), so I don't see why Mark Gatiss wouldn't. It's circular reasoning to think just because the role is cast that he'll be made a bigger role and that he'll have a growing role in the books. You can't form two suppositions and use them as evidence for each other. He MAY have a larger role, but that may not have anything to do with the books, nor is it certain.

Yeah, you edited that post at around the same time you posted this :P I'm not too sure of your victory.

Scroll down, someone quoted my original post (which says practically the same thing). I just took out an unnecessary part about Tywin, because it's annoying when people focus on one small part while ignoring the main point you're trying to make.

Now this could be interesting! He'll probably be present at Kings Landing, replacing the banker who negotiates with Cersei, and is probably going to be present at the Wedding. While there he can also give some kind of introduction to Braavos, give the audience the basics of the Iron Bank and the culture of the city, since it has a pretty large part to play in the future.

I'll bet that he will be the one accepting Arya's coin for passage over The Narrow Sea.

Well it has the added benefit of giving some exposition about Bravvos otherwise. Are we sure he is going to be at KL though. I could of sworn that the KL people weren't shooting yet when he was shooting. I seem to remember him shooting at the same time as Stannis crew.

yep, he was shooting with the people at The Wall.

yep, he was shooting with the people at The Wall.

Could be shooting the scenes out of order, filming his later Wall scenes with the crew before heading to KL to film those scenes. Sorry if these ideas have been tossed out already, but lacking time to read the older replies:

Perhaps he agrees to take Arya back, but as he's boarding they learn of Tywin's death. Arya leaves on the ship, but Tycho returns to King's Landing to make sure Cersei honors the agreement. Cersei is discourteous and not only tells him only after the war will debts be repaid, but also insinuates that the Iron Bank should count themselves lucky. Tycho then heads to the Wall upon hearing Stannis is there to negotiate a new deal and back Stannis, since it appears the Lannisters have no real intention of repaying the debt (or at the very least he doubts they win the war). With some manuevering perhaps they could even get Arya and Tyrion smuggled onto the same ship for a while, similar to Tywin and Arya at Harrenhal.

Nice! I have to give kudos to whoever said that earlier (I don't remember who).

Does this mean that he will appear earlier in Stannis' storyline? Or will we see him dealing with Cersei and Co. in KL?

Also, does this mean that Braavosi will have Irish accents? Because, if so, that is awesome! I am hoping they film Braavos scenes in a place like Santiago de Compostela or Amsterdam where is is kind of rocky and temperate because--as much as I like the Mediterranean--I am yearning for some scenic variation.

Archived