Who is the most underrated character in the series?

I love Walder Frey too :D The guy is too funny. He and Olenna would be such a match... oh my, the amount of fun. And yeah, he's a bastard, but a funny and awesome bastard.

I love Yoren too. Though I sometimes forget I love him :( My love always goes out to big fish, like Tywin or Drogo or Rhaegar... I always forget how much I loved Yoren. :(

Mance Rayder is awesome too, he doesn't get enough love either. Ser Kevan the same. Doran, Luwin, both true... and Lady... omg, what's her name?... Smallwood. Lady Smallwood who gave Arya the acorn dress. She is so great. And Mance's wife. Everybody's obsessed with Val, but Dalla is so much more likable to me. Gilly is totally underrated too, though she's amazing. Hot Pie, Podrick (though Podrick kinda gets love)... Missandei is awesomeness and she scarcely gets any appreciation either. Old Nan! I love Old Nan to the moon and back. And honestly, the black tomcat with the torn ear is totally neglected too... he's like twice as awesome as Ghost. The guy - okay, the cat - stole a chicken from Tywin's hand! Who else... the dusky woman. I like the dusky woman for some reason. Tom O Sevens? That guy is amazing! Vargo Hoat? Who else made you laugh so bad? Not even the kingthlayer. Lord Beric, though he gets quite enough love, I guess... Ellaria Sand. She is an amazing woman, but everybody is obsessed with the sand snakes and Arianne.

And I'll refrain from bringing up all the controversial males I love and most people seem to hate.

holy crap you brought up so many people i forgot about! Old Nan, vargo, tom o sevens, and pod are also high up on my list XD

holy crap you brought up so many people i forgot about! Old Nan, vargo, tom o sevens, and pod are also high up on my list XD

I tend to forget about them too often as well. I really happy this thread made me think of all my minor favorites and give them a moment of love :D

Like, I also love Oberyn, Tormund, Varys, Samwell, Olenna, Roose Bolton... etc but I'd not say they are much underrated. And there's my little group of people I just love to the moon and back who aren't underrated, strictly speaking, more like often hated on.

And Elia Martell and Rhaenys Targaryen II are also on the top of my list, along with Irri, Jhiqui, Doreah and Rakharo, before I forget about that lot. And if I mentioned the black tomcat, Mormont's raven deserves the credit as well. And Randyll Tarly. Even if most people hate him. And Asha and Theon's uncle Rodrick the Reader was a cool little man too.

Richard Horpe - seems to be one of the only useful men that Stannis takes around with him (after Davos). Massey is a grasper, Florent a toady, Farring the "Giantslayer" a braggart, Lord Pea Pod a craven, and Clayton Suggs is a detestable slimebag.

Agreement with:

Edmure Tully gets pretty much zero appreciation. He's a bit of an oaf, it's true, but he does care about his people. He'd be a good peacetime lord; not during war though.

Ellaria Sand - she's like the Dornish version of Catelyn. Just wants her family to be safe, and she's the only one who seemed to give Doran any respect.

Tom O Sevens - the only singer in the tale who seems to not be a born victim, as he is more outlaw than singer

Donal Noye - such a shame he did not live to see Stannis' arrival, for he would surely be leading the Watch if he did.

Richard Horpe - seems to be one of the only useful men that Stannis takes around with him (after Davos). Massey is a grasper, Florent a toady, Farring the "Giantslayer" a braggart, Lord Pea Pod a craven, and Clayton Suggs is a detestable slimebag.

I love Richard Horpe. I post all the time that he deserves to be exempt from the vitriol the rest of the Queen's Men receive.

That said I actually find Axell and Godry highly entertaining because I enjoy douchebag characters.

His plans have been flawless his problem has been personnel.

When your only plan is sitting on your ass doing nothing it is hard to screw that up. Simply, his success rate is as good as Lysa's in how both stay out of the war thus sparing their people hardship.

When your only plan is sitting on your ass doing nothing it is hard to screw that up. Simply, his success rate is as good as Lysa's in how both stay out of the war thus sparing their people hardship.

I agree with Minsc and Boo.

How does that saying go, a poor workman blames his tools...

Lady Barbrey Dustin - she provides us the best insight about Theon and Roose and a conspiracy theory about maesters. Plus she is Roose's partner in crime. She seems a very interesting character, sometimes very intelligent and sometimes petty and foolish and overcome by her bitterness. Sounds like Cersei but I think she is much more charming. I also like how open she is to Theon, their interactions are great. If I could choose a new POV character it would be her or Margaery.

Mance Rayder. He's so cool.

Mance is hideously and grossly underrated. It kinda angers me.

haha thanks! shes one of my idols lol, i love her character and her sass. ^.^

Your current av is the business! Jon doing the |:[ is the best thing!

yessss Mormont's raven, I really hope Jon wargs with him at some point :3

Awww yiss. My irrational love for that bird is well known.

Archived