Who is the most underrated character in the series?

Major characters that don't get much mention in the forums: Brienne and Samwell Tarly.

Minor characters that I hope we'll see more of: Lady Olena, Wyman Manderley, Meera Reed.

I love Braavos and the Braavosi characters. I would love to see more Jaqen H'gar (not underrated in my mind) and Syrio Forel, who I secretly hope survived the attack in King's Landing.

For my money the most underrated POV character is Asha. She's fucking awesome and doesn't get nearly enough attention. Osha is another very cool character that gets very little love. Old Nan is the shit but I'm not sure she counts as underrated.

I just adore Margaery Tyrell (unsurprisingly, given my screen name) and before the TV series she was WAY underrated but these days that's not quite as true.

Major characters that don't get much mention in the forums: Brienne and Samwell Tarly.

You're not the only one who listed Sam but I just can't understand how anyone can see him as underrated! Sure, he gets mocked a bit (unsurprisingly, since he's a comic character) but he's definitely a fan favorite.

Two guys who would get more media attention if they didn't play for the Milwaukee Brewers of Westeros:

1) The Weeper -- somehow he is still taking the fight to the Night's Watch in the last book even though he's also living in place with a living to undead ratio approaching Day of the Dead territory. It is admittedly pointlessly insane but still bad ass.

2) Urswyck -- he's literally the only Bloody Mummer with a name who is still alive (if you don't count Qyburn, who is clearly the Michael Jackson to the Mummers' Jackson 5 -- i.e. meant for bigger things). Of the 500+ hideous villains in the series, the Mummers are the closest Martin has come to giving their just deserts (even half the Mountain's crew are part of the Jamie Lannister peacekeeper tour of the Riverlands). Yet somewhere, old Faith(less) Urswyck skulks on, no doubt killing, raping, and pillaging his way south. For pure survival skills, that deserves some recognition.

As far as I've read, no one here has mentioned Tormund, am I the only one who likes him? And obviously there's Mance, Asha, Euron, jorah amonst the other underrated characters. :)

Actually, people here seem to love Tormund...or at least his member, and I can see why. :cool4:

My underrated character is Edmure. I hate how the Blackfish and Cat treat him like he's still a child.

Two guys who would get more media attention if they didn't play for the Milwaukee Brewers of Westeros:

1) The Weeper -- somehow he is still taking the fight to the Night's Watch in the last book even though he's also living in place with a living to undead ratio approaching Day of the Dead territory. It is admittedly pointlessly insane but still bad ass.

2) Urswyck -- he's literally the only Bloody Mummer with a name who is still alive (if you don't count Qyburn, who is clearly the Michael Jackson to the Mummers' Jackson 5 -- i.e. meant for bigger things). Of the 500+ hideous villains in the series, the Mummers are the closest Martin has come to giving their just deserts (even half the Mountain's crew are part of the Jamie Lannister peacekeeper tour of the Riverlands). Yet somewhere, old Faith(less) Urswyck skulks on, no doubt killing, raping, and pillaging his way south. For pure survival skills, that deserves some recognition.

I like that you took the road less traveled route. The weeper is a maniac and is probably a wight by now but you have to admire his fight and hate for his "enemies", I guess.

Archived