What event/scene is the most important in the series (and why)?

Could be one you think was a game changer, or something you think the series could not have gone forward without, or just the most badass event in the series so far :D

my choice is Daenerys' dragons hatching/the red comet in the sky. The red comet influenced quite a few of the characters, they all had their own interpretations of what it meant and it definitely egged on the actions of some of the characters (i.e. Melisandre)

besides that, the dragons are just awesome, and without them Daenerys wouldn't be able to do a lot of the things she's done (by using them as a threat + proof of her claim to the throne)

Well, plot-wise it's the death of Robert Baratheon and the hatching of the dragons...

If we consider what's the most important scene/event with regard to the message and the whole world view of the series, it would be

Ned's execution

Sansa building snow Winterfell

Jon Snow killing Halfhand

Daenerys going through with blood magic and then killing Drogo

Red Wedding

Arianne locked in the tower

Jaime losing his hand

Cersei atonement

About these are the scenes that "taught" me the most, for the want of a better word.

I don't count anything that happened prior to AGOT, so I say that the return of the Others and the Dragons are the most meaningful events. They will make the Game of Thrones look like Candyland.

Archived