Superman and Batman

Batman

You're a bad person.

I heard they were going to get Brett Ratner to direct.

But, it's Ben Affleck!

As long as there's no Evenescence song, I won't complain.

ETA: Ratner shouldn't be allowed to direct anything.

Interesting. Its a pretty bold decision of Affleck's part. Considering how rehabilitated his career is at this point, why remind anyone of any of the bad parts, like the Daredevil movie?

Interesting. Its a pretty bold decision of Affleck's part. Considering how rehabilitated his career is at this point, why remind anyone of any of the bad parts, like the Daredevil movie?

Trust me...I am never forgetting that pile of dung. Only movie during which I've answered a cell phone call. There was literally one other person in the cinema and she was with me, regretting our decision.

What's wrong with Affleck as Batman? Sure, he has been in bad movies but the worst of those were a good few years back now. And probably not his fault anyhow.

This probably wouldn't be a good movie either but I doubt it will be because of Affleck.

I did not see this one coming.

Not quite sure how I feel about this one at all. Ben Affleck is not who I would have expected they'd choose for Batman.Considering some of the names that had been circulating as being in the running for the part - and Affleck wasn't one of them - this really came out of left field for me.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance, but I have to be honest and say that I have really mixed feelings about this casting choice. But, who knows? He may surprise us.

I'm sure I'm not the only one would have preferred Affleck to direct a Batman film rather than play Batman.

I do wonder if this is some kind of deal to get him to direct a DC hero film? Most likely Batman. That I'd be interested in seeing.

Here's the thing. I don't hate nor love this news...I'm more intrigued by it and I'm loving the nerdrage. I live for these moments.

:agree: The casting mildly interests me, but the reactions are very entertaining.

Affleck isn't hopeless though. I've been impressed by his recent work, but I still don't have much faith in his skills in front of the camera. And I have zero faith in Snyder directing him. But I don't really care about this team-up movie, so... meh.

Hilarious news. After the disapointment of Man of Steel its fun to see the fans of that film cry out in horror at this news.

Personally they could've done better, but they could also have done much worse. Gosling? Fassbender? People who'd make horrible casting directors.

Archived