Asoiaf Tattoos

Rhasgul

I'm waiting for David J. Peterson to create a High Valyrian & Old Tongue writing system/alphabet before I get mine.

I'm gonna get Fire & Blood on my chest in High Valyrian and Winter Is Coming across my back in the Old Tongue.

2/5 tattoos I plan to get. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tattoo on my pubis that says "The Sword of The Morning" which I'm not going to show you because I don't think you would appreciate, I'm trying to get over my exhibitionnist phase, and I'm not very fond of the idea to take a dick pic at word.

That being said, it's pretty well executed, though it was definitely the most stupid idea I have ever had in my (short yet full of stupidity) existence. Thank the gods for my natural proclivity for pilosity, so I'm able to cover it pretty well. I thought it was a brilliant and witty idea when I got it though.

I guess the moral of the story is that nobody should get drunk next to a tattoo parlour.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So many interesting ideas, currently thinking about getting the Baratheon sigil (same as my avatar on the inside of my upper right arm) but can't decided wether to go for black and yellow or just a black and grey as I have been told yellow doesn't age great. Anyone have any experience with this?

• 2 weeks later...

Really not sure why people can't be civil in this thread. Last I checked, we are all here because we are fans of the same works. If you are here for another reason, well you're wrong. As for the "...fan of, maybe a year.." comment, I'd say that's a dangerous assumption since a large group of this forum is comprised of people who are fans of the books, you know, the ones that started coming out in the 90's when all those tribal tattoos (that are still being done all over the place today) became popular.

Regardless, I have a half sleeve that is about 75% done. It is a mix of Tolkien and Martin references that mean something to me. For example, The Hobbit was the first novel I ever read, followed by LOTR. I also spent a lot of time marathoning the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions with my best friend before he took his own life. Throughout my childhood and young adulthood, there are certain things in the literature that have stood out to me or formed the way I see things or understand them. The literature has affected me to the point that it reflects in my personality.

I don't have pics right now since I normally don't share my tattoo's, especially because of people like commenters above, but I will try to remember to snap some later.

Right now I have foremost on my arm Balerion the Black Dread, as illustrated in the opening pages of A World of Ice and Fire (although I had it before they published that book or I knew the artwork was in the book - because I'm a hipster :P), "Not all those who wander are lost", The Lonely Mountain and the red Smaug that is drawn on the map. Forthcoming are the White Tree of Gondor and "'Can a man still be brave if he is afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave.'". If there is room, I would like a small Ghost, but that is last on my priority list.

I have a 3-eyed crow tattoo on my arm. It is very subtle and once, at a baseball game, a woman talked to me for an hour about her love of crows because she thought I was a fellow crow enthusiast. She has 2 pet crows named "Tom" and "Petty" (yep) and at the time they had just had babies. Just a little anecdote... I do plan on adding something to the crow just in terms of making the tattoo look more complete. I would like some subtle flora and fauna, such as pine needle sprigs, blue roses and lemon tree blossoms. My friend, who loves Dany, just got a small traditional style tattoo of a red door with a flower frame. It's very cute!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived