Worst possible ending to the series

APointyEnd

What do you think would be the worst possible way GRR Martin could end the series?

I think it would be Bran waking up from his coma and realising all the events in the series were just a dream. :drunk:

Yeah that is the worst outcome I can think of right now.

I have loads :eek:

1. Dany and Jon get married

2. Sansa's training and character buildup come to nothing

3. Jon is an amazing, savvy ruler

4. The Boltons keep the North

5. Arya marries Aegon :ack:

6. Cersei dies without realising her mistakes and stupidity

7. Jaime lives instead of confessing to his crimes

8. Dany sits on the IT

9. A Greyjoy sits on the IT

10. A Greyjoy wins the GoT

Westeros is destroyed by some huge event like the Doom of Valyria in TWOW prologue(it's unexplained). The next 2 books are Dany enjoying her time with the crones at the Womb of the World and planning her triumphant return to Merreen(She dies before returning).

Victarion outsmarts everyone...has the thrall blow the horn, binds the dragons to his will, pulls danny by the hair back to his boat...goes to westeros, sits on the iron throne,appoints damphair has his hand...righteously drowns almost everyone in the name of the drowned god...goes and fights the white walkers, becomes a hero....and all this is mixed in with tons and tons of bran and brienne chapters

everyone lives happily ever after and dance to a musical number holding hands on the top of the wall.

The Old Coca Cola song perhaps. I'd like to teach the world to sing... just thought I'd get that stuck in everyone's head for the day.

GRRM writes himself into the novels and connects it to all his other novels, a la Stephen King in "The Dark Tower."

Even better, the Great Other turns out to be an annoying wizard in a tower whose only power is to lob molotov cocktails at people, all the main characters discover a newfound power to magically draw doors in mid air and escape Westeros for our modern real world, and Bran get's to travel back in time to when he falls from the tower, and do everything all over again.

Even better, the Great Other turns out to be an annoying wizard in a tower whose only power is to lob molotov cocktails at people, all the main characters discover a newfound power to magically draw doors in mid air and escape Westeros for our modern real world, and Bran get's to travel back in time to when he falls from the tower, and do everything all over again.

At least the first 4 books were great...tears.

Archived