Jon's claim to the throne

LordTywinsGhost

Admittedly I didn't read your whole comment but I couldn't get passed the first comment. But plenty of Targs were polygamists. Why they hid it I'm not sure. Maybe because of Robert.

Or maybe because of the Mad King... I wouldn't put it past him to rape or murder Lyanna if he found out and knew where she was.

Yes because everyone's instantly going to believe something that ridiculous when the only evidence is a bastard from the Wall and a Crag man :rolleyes:

Never said he was going to convince everyone instantly. I said he could possibly convince some people. Are you even reading what I'm writing? Clearly not, because you've once again made the argument that a lack of credible evidence will prevent anyone from believing him, when that argument has already been rebutted by examples from the books and real life.

Or maybe because of the Mad King... I wouldn't put it past him to rape or murder Lyanna if he found out and knew where she was.

Well, not sure how he could've murdered her, since he died at least a month before she did. There's also absolutely no mention of Aerys and Lyanna ever being in the same place during the war. Only that Rhaegar ran off with her, then later came back to King's Landing.

Well, not sure how he could've murdered her, since he died at least a month before she did. There's also absolutely no mention of Aerys and Lyanna ever being in the same place during the war. Only that Rhaegar ran off with her, then later came back to King's Landing.

I think aceluby's point is that R+L were hiding from Aerys at least as much as from Robert. I'm inclined to agree. There's even foreshadowing of that idea. Jon is ordered to "do what needs be done" to Ygritte. Ultimately, he does not kill her, thinking "He was his father's son. Wasn't he? Wasn't he?"

We know Aerys considered the KotLT his enemy. If he found out it was Lyanna and sent Rhaegar to bring her to KL, with Rhaegar deciding to protect her instead, we'd have a parallel between Rhaegar saving Lyanna and Jon saving Ygritte.

Archived