Septa Lemore is?

Sunstaff

I know this topic has been covered, with several people theorising that she may be Ashara Dayne. However I've always kinda got the feeling that she may have been someone else.

We know that she must have been involved with the conspiracy to get Aegon trained and eventually landing in Westeros. I can't see how Vary's could have involved Ashara Dayne in the conspiracy.

I did however, think it could have been someone else after reading ADWD and accidentally doing some research for my ASOIF Roleplaying game on Doran Martell.

My thoughts were that she could be Mellario of Norvos. I don't know if this a crackpot theory, but here are my thoughts on it. The "evidence" is admittedly flimsy, but we've only seen her in one book. So here it goes:

Lady Lemore:

She has dark brown hair.

She is in her 40s.

She has had children.

She worships the Seven.

Tyrion repeatedly mentions her breasts... Which leads me to think they must be big.

Jon Connington calls her Lady Lemore.

Tyrian repeatedly says she is "handsome" but not stunning.

Again... The evidence is light on.

But I think if she was Ashara, Tyrion would have been even more aggressive, although he is pretty full on about the Septa. And Tyrion never describes her as tall. And certainly Tyrion would have described her as stunning.

Mellario of Norvos:

She is called Lady Mellario.

Arianne takes after her, who has long black hair... (I realise this is slightly off because Septa Lemore has dark brown hair)

Arianne is very pretty. ( Septa Lemore would be been pretty in her youth)

Arianne worships the Seven... Does Lady Mellario?

Arianne has an excellent figure and nice breasts

Mellario has had children

Mellario is about the same age as Septa Lemore (mid to late 40s)

The location around the Rhoyne/ Norvos is close

We know that Doran Martell and Mellario are still in touch with each other dispite being separated.

We know that Mellario left Dorne not long after Trystane was born (288 AL) Which is about the right time for Aegon to meeting Jon Connington.

We know that Septa Lemore has two travelling companions.. Yandry & Ysilla who are from Dorne.

Could it be possible that Mellario leaving for Norvos was just a ruse, and another plan by Doran Martell. Could it be possible that Doran's "friend" in King's Landing is Vary's? It wouldn't surprise me, as Vary's dislikes the Lannister's. And, which other major house would be better to involve in the Aegon conspiracy then the Martell's?

To me, the motive certainly fits... While the evidence is light... I feel there is enough of it to make this theory possible, maybe even probable.

Thoughts?

Well... If Lemore was the (ex-?) wife of the current prince of Dorne and mother to the next princess of Dorne, wouldn't it make sense for fAegon + GC + Lemore, to seek out help from Dorne immediately after their arrival in Westeros? Why is Lemore hanging out in Griffins Roost if she knows the whole Dornish royalty?

edit:

Also:

Why would Mellario from Norvos pose as a Septa? The Norvosi have most certainly another religion and it is nowhere stated that she converted.

Well... If Lemore was the (ex-?) wife of the current prince of Dorne and mother to the next princess of Dorne, wouldn't it make sense for fAegon + GC + Lemore, to seek out help from Dorne immediately after their arrival in Westeros? Why is Lemore hanging out in Griffins Roost if she knows the whole Dornish royalty?

edit:

Also:

Why would Mellario from Norvos pose as a Septa? The Norvosi have most certainly another religion and it is nowhere stated that she converted.

Well, I'm not sure I buy this theory either, but if Lemore is Mellario then she would pose as a septa because Aegon needed an instructor in the Faith of Westeros. (That was the reason why Septa Lemore was brought along in the first place), because Griff wanted Aegon to have the same educational experiences as a young Westerosi lord (a maester, a septa, and a man-at-arms, just like Sansa had Septa Mordane and Bran had Maester Luwin):

Still, a curious man might wonder why some sellsword’s whelp would need a soiled septa to instruct him in the Faith, or a chainless maester to tutor him in history and tongues. And a clever man might question why your father would engage a hedge knight to train you in arms instead of simply sending you off to apprentice with one of the free companies.

So IF Mellario is Lemore, she would have a good reason to pose as a Septa, since Griff would have no reason to recruit someone to teach a foreign Norvoshi religion to a Targaryen prince.

Mellario was still in Dorne when Lemore was with Aegon so no. Besides, if Mellario is Lemore than Doran would have known about Aegon.

Septa Lemore is actually Wenda the White Fawn from the Kingswood Brotherhood, which was led by Simon Toyne who was no doubt related to Myles Toyne, the head of the GC who sent Lemore to Aegon. The "white" in her name comes from the white septa's robes.

Mellario was still in Dorne when Lemore was with Aegon so no. Besides, if Mellario is Lemore than Doran would have known about Aegon.

Septa Lemore is actually Wenda the White Fawn from the Kingswood Brotherhood, which was led by Simon Toyne who was no doubt related to Myles Toyne, the head of the GC who sent Lemore to Aegon. The "white" in her name comes from the white septa's robes.

^These 5 lines, make so much more sense than all those below...

I know this topic has been covered, with several people theorising that she may be Ashara Dayne. However I've always kinda got the feeling that she may have been someone else.

We know that she must have been involved with the conspiracy to get Aegon trained and eventually landing in Westeros. I can't see how Vary's could have involved Ashara Dayne in the conspiracy.

I did however, think it could have been someone else after reading ADWD and accidentally doing some research for my ASOIF Roleplaying game on Doran Martell.

My thoughts were that she could be Mellario of Norvos. I don't know if this a crackpot theory, but here are my thoughts on it. The "evidence" is admittedly flimsy, but we've only seen her in one book. So here it goes:

Lady Lemore:

She has dark brown hair.

She is in her 40s.

She has had children.

She worships the Seven.

Tyrion repeatedly mentions her breasts... Which leads me to think they must be big.

Jon Connington calls her Lady Lemore.

Tyrian repeatedly says she is "handsome" but not stunning.

Again... The evidence is light on.

But I think if she was Ashara, Tyrion would have been even more aggressive, although he is pretty full on about the Septa. And Tyrion never describes her as tall. And certainly Tyrion would have described her as stunning.

Mellario of Norvos:

She is called Lady Mellario.

Arianne takes after her, who has long black hair... (I realise this is slightly off because Septa Lemore has dark brown hair)

Arianne is very pretty. ( Septa Lemore would be been pretty in her youth)

Arianne worships the Seven... Does Lady Mellario?

Arianne has an excellent figure and nice breasts

Mellario has had children

Mellario is about the same age as Septa Lemore (mid to late 40s)

The location around the Rhoyne/ Norvos is close

We know that Doran Martell and Mellario are still in touch with each other dispite being separated.

We know that Mellario left Dorne not long after Trystane was born (288 AL) Which is about the right time for Aegon to meeting Jon Connington.

We know that Septa Lemore has two travelling companions.. Yandry & Ysilla who are from Dorne.

Could it be possible that Mellario leaving for Norvos was just a ruse, and another plan by Doran Martell. Could it be possible that Doran's "friend" in King's Landing is Vary's? It wouldn't surprise me, as Vary's dislikes the Lannister's. And, which other major house would be better to involve in the Aegon conspiracy then the Martell's?

To me, the motive certainly fits... While the evidence is light... I feel there is enough of it to make this theory possible, maybe even probable.

Thoughts?

Archived