How did Eddard knew where exactly is Lyanna?

Floris

Not only that he went directly to the tower of Joy,but hi had with him 7 people ,double the numbers of the 3 kingsguard...like he knew they were there and brought with him enough man to beat them.Wel?

I've been asking myself this for quite some time. Its really baffling to me actually lol not that I didnt want him to find her it just doesn't seem likely that many people if any at all (except those 3 KG) knew Rhaegar & Lyanna's whereabouts. Ned leaves KL, lifts the siege at Storm's End and heads straight to the ToJ, curious. I assume someone somewhere told him where to look probably Varys the Spider. I expect it will come out when Howland Reed gets more involved in story and we learn whether or not R+L=J.

someone knew you say...who this might be.Eddard was speedy to travel to his sister,i doubt he was running throught KL and screaming ,,Does anybody know where Rhaegar spends his romantic getaways.No,this is nota plot theory,just wondering,that's it

I think Rhaegar even named the Tower of Joy, so it was something that was linked to him. Besides, Ned and his men had already searched the Tower of Happiness, the Tower of Pleasure, the Tower of the Hand, the Tower of the Elbow, and the Tower That Is Not a Tower (but Evil Incarnate), and the garrisons there kept telling them, "your princess is in another tower." So, really, it was process of elimination.

Indeed..a few men knew about it,that is my point.And,althought it's for other topic,well Iwonder,how Rhaegar abducted Lyanna,i mean,hey that is the crowned Prince,if he shows up in tjhe North,it will be an event,and if he came near Winterfell,lord Rickard would certainly invite him,honoured him,may be it is simple explanation,but the man wonder :)

I doubt he took her in Winterfell

it's a looooooooooooong ride from KL (where he was) to Winterfell and then to Dorne

It's more logical that she was in the south already getting prepared for her wedding and Brandon's wedding

I think that some time after Ned lifted the siege at Storm's End, Ashara might have told him where to find Lyanna. GRRM has said that Ashara wasn't nailed down to the floor at Starfall, she could travel. So I think this might be a little hint Ashara told Ned where Lyanna was.

As for the remaining Kingsguard, Ned probably didn't even anticipate resistance. The Targs were all either dead or fled, so the fact that the KG still put up a fight was strange and pointless. Who were they even fighting for?

It could be

a- Lyanna. If Rhaegar married her she's part of the noble family

b- Jon, the legitimate heir since he married Lyanna

c- both

I've always wondered if Rhaegar & Lyanna were betrayed by someone from Dorne. I mean its quite galling to have your King marry a Dornish girl, then run off with some other woman and chose to bring that woman back to your Dornish doorstep to set up a little love nest right under your nose.

''I've always wondered if Rhaegar & Lyanna were betrayed by someone from Dorne. I mean its quite galling to have your King marry a Dornish girl, then run off with some other woman and chose to bring that woman back to your Dornish doorstep to set up a little love nest right under your nose.'' Actuallt this is good one

Ned was a secret Targ and had a dragon dream of where Lyanna is. It is known.

Either that, or when Robert took the Throne Eddard simply asked him to put a tap on Rhaegar's phone and pull the usage details / metadata; they were then able to use that information to see which cell towers his calls were pinging off of and triangulate his position to within a few miles. After that, finding which building in that area was simplicity itself.

This is a good question that goes along with my own: Is it coincidence that Ned arrives at the ToJ at the very moment of Lyanna's death? It seems as though someone must have realized that she was about to die and that Ned was the one who could come fulfill whatever Ned actually promised to Lyanna (raise this Targ child and keep his blood secret, likely), and informed him where to find her. But if that's the case, then why the KG fight to the death?

The very interesting line of the ToJ flashback passage is when Hightower says "We swore a vow." This indicates that this fight was to fulfill their KG vows, which obviously center around protecting the king (not simply killing the dead king's enemies). This, I believe, is the strongest evidence that the successor to the throne was in that tower in the form of Jon Snow.

Either that, or when Robert took the Throne Eddard simply asked him to put a tap on Rhaegar's phone and pull the usage details / metadata; they were then able to use that information to see which cell towers his calls were pinging off of and triangulate his position to within a few miles. After that, finding which building in that area was simplicity itself.

LOL hahaha

Archived