Another R+L=J question - new material though

Acky Deshwanee

Hi all,

I'm reading ACOK.

I just saw this verse, quite telling in terms of foreshadowing R+L=J don't you think?

In a Jon chapter - "He could give her a quick clean death at least. He was his father's son. Wasn't he? Wasn't he?"

Also this in a Cat chapter - "As ladies die in childbed. No-one sings songs about them." - this is interesting when you consider that the entire series may well be a 'song' about ice (Lyanna) and fire (Rhaegar).

I think the true poetic brilliance of the novel is that it's really all about 2 characters who die years before the events fof the series. This is really a bard's (GRRM) song about 2 tragic characters - ice (Lyanna) and fire (Rhaegar). Jon Snow is the son of ice and fire.

Your thoughts?

Acky D x

You caught that too, I just read that Jon chapter lol. Whether its true, and this is true or we are putting ink in GRRM's pen. I do like where you and so many have concluded.

Personally, I think Jon Snow is a Stark, through Lyanna as well. There was some interesting foreshadowing in Dany's chapter with the undying ones, maybe hinting at another targaryen, could this be jon? or another.

Song of Ice and Fire has lots of interpretation and that's one way to interpret it. Nice one about Lyanna and Rhaegar being the ice and fire of the story.

There was some interesting foreshadowing in Dany's chapter with the undying ones, maybe hinting at another targaryen, could this be jon? or another.

If you haven't read all 5 books, keep reading. Lots of revelations ahead. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw this and after some theories i'm kind of sure that Jon is the son of Lyanna with someone...But could it be Robert and not Rhaegar? Nice theory you have there about Ice and Fire , but i would like something better...we'll see!

Personally, I think Jon Snow is a Stark, through Lyanna as well. There was some interesting foreshadowing in Dany's chapter with the undying ones, maybe hinting at another targaryen, could this be jon? or another.

It's

Another

I loved this part.

But damn, GRRM is putting Jethro Tull to shame when it comes to long songs.

It seems GRRM likes to have two meanings to sayings. The overall Ice=The others(Great Other) & Fire=R'hollor(given there weren't dragons in his early manuscript concept) or the Dragons, And as you wrote a second meaning of the prince and the she-wolf.

I really do hope Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. However I think the song of ice and fire is Jon (ice) and Daenerys (fire)...

till a clash of kings i don't even see jon snow as the protagonist and the leader that will help westeros etc against Daenerys! Even at the start of ASOS i haven't figured something like this..!

I think the song of ice and fire is something older and maybe it has something to do with dragons or the red god of the light (mellisandre's and stannis' religion) versus the king of the others (i read some theories about it) , i guess there will be some fight between ice power and fire power at the end! Though i'm still at the third book so i can't now! I guess i'll wait~

Archived