Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book?

total1402

Personally, I think they'll end up being in a loveless marriage that's needed to bring peace to the realm. That or they'll have sex once and then one or both die fighting in the War for the Dawn.

Wouldn't that be incest though?

Are you new?

I find it odd that a lot of people are saying that Dany has too much to do in TWoW to get to Westeros in a timely fashion. There are a lot of assumptions in that. First of all that Martin will stick with writing at a Feast/Dance pacing. Besides that there is also the assumption that Dany will neatly tie everything up in Essos before going to Westeros.

It's certainly possible that Dany will not make it to Westeros in Dance, but I would blame Martin's writing more than Dany if that is to happen and it's not entirely impossible for Dany to at least land in Weseros before the book is over. Aegon very quickly made it there in Dance, I'm hoping for something similar for Dany.

Are you new?

I find it odd that a lot of people are saying that Dany has too much to do in TWoW to get to Westeros in a timely fashion. There are a lot of assumptions in that. First of all that Martin will stick with writing at a Feast/Dance pacing. Besides that there is also the assumption that Dany will neatly tie everything up in Essos before going to Westeros.

It's certainly possible that Dany will not make it to Westeros in Dance, but I would blame Martin's writing more than Dany if that is to happen and it's not entirely impossible for Dany to at least land in Weseros before the book is over. Aegon very quickly made it there in Dance, I'm hoping for something similar for Dany.

Ikr she could even be in westeros by half the book since tthis book is going to be huge

"Hey, Jon hurry up already! We are gonna have to forget about the first date, we only have 20 pages left until this series is over!" -Daenerys Targaryen.

Isnt this whole series about incest?

I won't lie, I would lose a bit of respect for Jon Snow if he did it anyways after finding out.

Wouldn't that be incest though?

Just to be safe, maybe the series should come with a disclaimer. All sibling sex portrayed herein is fictional. No actual brothers or sisters were fucked in the writing of this story. Enjoy the murder! :P

Are you new?

If she lands halfway through Winds then yeah that'll be enough time to get through Dance 2.0 and the great battle against the others, but anything later and it'll feel very rushed at best.

Jon falls in love with her, the Others come mucking up everything luke warm and hotter. Jon plunges his sword into Dany's heart, becomes AA and sends the Others back to Iceland or whatever. Jon choses duty over love again and saves the day but hates himself.

Jon falls in love with her, the Others come mucking up everything luke warm and hotter. Jon plunges his sword into Dany's heart, becomes AA and sends the Others back to Iceland or whatever. Jon choses duty over love again and saves the day but hates himself.

Hun Jon killing Dany, i like it!

I have a feeling that George may dissapoint Jon fans with his ending...he killed Robb Stark off because of the generic 'son avenges father' storyline..people will expect Jon Snow the 'underdog' to be King of the North...I really hope he doesn't kill him because Jon would make a good King of the North. However if George does make him King of the North, I reckon that rather than a romantic relationship between Jon and Daenarys, there will be a great friendship and alliance between the North and the South (Ice and Fire) , united by Jon Snow. However this seems too neat and the 'hopeful' by too many to actually be the ending.

I don't know if it will happen or if it works convincingly but you are right that the biggest problem is time, which is not enough. So, one way to go around this could be Arya. What I mean is that you can build a relationship between two characters without having them in the same place, by making them know about each other's existence and efforts or even planning together. This kind of "telephone service" can be offered by Arya. I think that it is reasonable to think that Bran will soon be able to make contact with the rest of the Stark siblings so there might be soon a line of communication between Jon and Arya. And as soon as the news of the existence of dragons reaches Jon, he might ask her to try to locate this Dragon Queen. The question is how long will it take for Arya and Dany to meet.

Now, if you think that Dany will have to concentrate all the Dothraki and lead them to the battle in front of Mereen and then take all of them and attack Mantarys and Volantis and then all of them go to Pentos (because she promised that too) then this version will also take too long. But it doesn't have to be like that. Now she rides a dragon and she can move much faster than that (as long as she goes by herself). After all, she can only match Aegon the Conqueror if she wins this war with just her dragon ; ) . I think it is not that crazy to expect that Arya and Dany might meet at some point in the tWoW, which could mean that Dany would get a lot of information about Jon or even contact him through Arya

Archived