Compiling the "younger, more beautiful" queens

Petyr Patter

If Sansa comes to KL and blames the Tyrells for the Purple Wedding, Cersei will be even more convinced that Marg is the Y&MBQ.

Personally I don't see Sansa coming back to KL as very possible, but the point is, IMO, Cersei's perception, more than anything else, will define who's the YMBQ. So yea, if it happens, it will fuel Cersei's madness about the prophecy even more.

So far.  We've got two books to go.  There are more options.

And actually neither Margaery nor Sansa have taken anything from Cersei.  Marg wasn't in on poisoning Joffrey, and Sansa had no idea that she was until afterwards.  Tommen hasn't been taken either.  Of course either or both could take things from Cersei in the future, as could Dany, Myrcella, etc, etc, etc.

I like the crackpot that Lyanna is the YMBQ, defeating Cersei from the grave.  Oh, and the one that it's younger Cersei defeating herself with her stupid decisions that guarantee her downfall.

Margaery had to be in on the poisoning, because she was supposed to share that cup with Joffrey. In order to keep her save Margaery must have been told that there was poison in that cup. So it is save to say Margaery was an accomplice in the poisoning of Joffrey. That is the first thing Margaery took from Cersei. Sansa indirectly played part in the murder because a) her confirmation of Joffrey's personality made the Tyrells kill him and B) she was carrying the poison in her hair. Both Sansa and Margaery played part in taking Joffrey away from Cersei. That is 01 - 01 for them. Secondly Margaery influence on her current husband is drifting Cersei and Tommen apart from each other. One could say that the reason why Aerys Oakheart was negligent towards protecting Myrcella from Arianne's schemes is because he was busy feeling guilty of hitting Sansa. So Sansa was possibly indirectly involved with Myrcella getting scarred. Again that another point for both of them: 02 - 02. So really in my opinion only Margaery and Sansa are the valid options for the younger and more beautiful queen. 

I don't see how Sansa had any part in taking away Joffrey. Wearing a poison hair net doesn't make you a murderer.

It isn't just the poison hair net. It was Sansa's confirmation that made the Tyrells kill Joffrey. No matter how you look at it Sansa is indirectly involved in the murder of Joffrey. 

It isn't just the poison hair net. It was Sansa's confirmation that made the Tyrells kill Joffrey. No matter how you look at it Sansa is indirectly involved in the murder of Joffrey. 

Plus, it is a from Maggie's vision... If she sees Sansa holding the poison and associated with the actual killers, that would make it look like Sansa was part of it.

Plus, it is a from Maggie's vision... If she sees Sansa holding the poison and associated with the actual killers, that would make it look like Sansa was part of it.

Not only that. One of the reasons why Jaime left King's Landing was because he wanted to search for Sansa.

Sansa Stark is my last chance of honor”, Jaime said. "I will find the girl and keep her safe. For her lady mother's sake. And for yours.” 

Now one could say that this might not come to pass, but it may have been foreshadowed that Jaime and Brienne might team up with Sansa. In one of Sansa's chapters in ACOK Cersei questioned Sansa if she believes in knights to which Sansa replies "True knights." Cersei mocks her that perhaps Aemon the Dragonknight and Serwyn of the Mirror Shield might come save her. Jaime is in some ways similar to Aemon the Dragonknight for reasons we already know. If I recall right Serwyn is known for his vivid blue eyes and who else has vivid blue eyes? Brienne of course. This may be far-fetched, but this might be a foreshadow that Jaime and Brienne may team up with Sansa. This strengthens the theory that not only is Sansa might be the younger more beautiful queen, but also Jaime as the Valonqar. 

Just telling someone that another person is cruel doesn't make you an accessory to murder. Olenna didn't reveal her plans to Sansa. Sansa had no clue what was happening. Was the servant an accessory because they put the chalice on the table that was then used to hold the poison? Sansa has no responsibility for how Olenna acts on her words.

[...] Jaime and Brienne may team up with Sansa. This strengthens the theory that not only is Sansa might be the younger more beautiful queen, but also Jaime as the Valonqar. 

I think that Jaime will be the Valonqar, independently of who will be the YMBQ (if she is even one person...) and that this will be the emotional and plot climax of the whole prophechy theme, not whoever ends up as the YMBQ.

In other words, I believe that the prophecy must be Cersei-oriented, meant to propel Cersei's plot & character arc developement and not in "favour" of her designed adversary.

I think that Jaime will be the Valonqar, independently of who will be the YMBQ (if she is even one person...) and that this will be the emotional and plot climax of the whole prophechy theme, not whoever ends up as the YMBQ.

In other words, I believe that the prophecy must be Cersei-oriented, meant to propel Cersei's plot & character arc developement and not in "favour" of her designed adversary.

My guess is Margery and Stannis

Stannis has more pressing problems atm and I don't really see him resolving them in time to go south, become the Valonqar and resume with everything else he's been up to.

Stannis takes Winterfell, sails south with Manderly ships and then Blackwater 2.0. Chokes the shit out of Cersie while she burns the Red Keep to the ground. No more Cersie, no more Stannis.

Stannis takes Winterfell, sails south with Manderly ships and then Blackwater 2.0. Chokes the shit out of Cersie while she burns the Red Keep to the ground. No more Cersie, no more Stannis.

Unlikely, IMO, but I guess, theoretically, anything can happen.

After season 5 , time to trim the list ......

Jeyne Westerling - DEAD

Shireen - Burned alive

Selyse - DEAD

Myrcella - DEAD

Val/ Arianne Martell / Mya Stone - CUT FROM SHOW

So now only 4 remain

MARGERY TYRELL
SANSA STARK
DAENERYS
ARYA

I pick Sansa, with Dany still having an outside chance.

Huh?

Sticking with the books, I'm 99.9% sure it's Dany.

When Maggy the frog said "more beautiful" is she talking about how Cersei currently is or how she was in her prime? If its how she currently is most of those you named could do it. If its in her prime only Dany, Sansa and possibly Margaery are possible in my opinion. Either way my money is on Sansa.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if Maggy meant more beautiful on the inside?  Then we can open it to the whole realm, male and female.

So far.  We've got two books to go.  There are more options.

And actually neither Margaery nor Sansa have taken anything from Cersei.  Marg wasn't in on poisoning Joffrey, and Sansa had no idea that she was until afterwards.  Tommen hasn't been taken either.  Of course either or both could take things from Cersei in the future, as could Dany, Myrcella, etc, etc, etc.

I like the crackpot that Lyanna is the YMBQ, defeating Cersei from the grave.  Oh, and the one that it's younger Cersei defeating herself with her stupid decisions that guarantee her downfall.

I've never heard of the crackpot Lyanna theory as the YMBQ, however, when I read this here, something about Lyanna came to mind.  She actually did take something from Cersei already.  She took Rhaegar.  Cersei wanted Rhaegar and badly.  So much so that she lied to Jaime about who it was she drew a picture of. 

If it happens that Cersei is still alive (and I think she will be) when it is learned that Jon Snow is actually Rhaegar's trueborn son and heir to the Iron Throne, Lyanna will have effectively removed Cersei as Queen and her children as Kings.

Then, the valonqar, who could actually be Jon Snow (Rhaegar's 2nd son), and he will come and choke the life from her.  YAY!  Yeah, I know its crackpot, but, it is 3:30 a.m. and, as it was going through my head like a movie I couldn't help but wish it true!

Archived