Why didn't Robb get more support for his cause?

MidnightAurora

I also think that Stannis, Renly, Robb had a common cause against House Lannister and others. I also think that they had their own agenda they wanted to deal with first and Robb attempted to join his forces with others and were rebuffed and probably later people will realize the mistake they made. i understand why Robb's bannermen and Riverlands Lords were eager to crown Robb and not join with Renly or Stannis or the others. While riverrun and the riverlands were being beseiged, sacked, burn where were Renly and his massive host to help or Stannis and his army? No where... Even if it was a feeble attempt I still think Robb should have tried to help Storm's End when it was being beseiged by Stannis and could have gotten a port for MAllister/Manderly's ships close to KL for an assault or others if need be. Stannis could have used the alligiances of Robb and others toward his casue, but was stubborn and refused all and stated they should bow to him because of his rights. If Stannis, Renly were not so stupid, prideful and stubborn and joined Robb and helped him all three would be no match for the Lannister house. Afterward they could have sorted out their own issues. Robert's Rebellion (which reminds me a lot of the Battle of Troy and the saying a beautiful face that launched a thousand ships) but his side had a common cause the unjust executions of fathers/sons and the kidnapping supposedly of Lyanna by the Crowned Prince... WIth Robb he went to help release his father/sisters from KL and avenge those who were slaughtered there and release the siege on the Riverlands. It seemed like the North were the only ones to come to the aid of the Riverlands. I was also thinking how Eddard was a good commander, strategist etc.. and some of those traits were seen in Robb and was thinking more wondering why people think Tywin was this great military guy when all i read is him sitting on his arse or atop a horse watching. I will continue those thoughts/comments in another thread.

I was also thinking how Eddard was a good commander, strategist etc.. and some of those traits were seen in Robb and was thinking more wondering why people think Tywin was this great military guy when all i read is him sitting on his arse or atop a horse watching.

So when Ned or Rob plan their battles they are good commanders/ strategist but when Tywin does the same thing (only better) you call it "sitting on his arse or atop a horse watching" ?

Archived