Who did Rhaegar actually see last?

mindchap

Okay with all the Rhaegar topics tonight I have to ask. Who does Rhaegar actually see last Elia or Lyanna? I started wondering after rereading some of the Jamie chapters when he thinks about Rhaegar saying that things needed to change, and then he dreams about Rhaegar chastising him for not protecting Elia and the kids so which is it, does he leave from King's Landing for the Trident or does he come from the Tower of Joy?

Rhaegar stood face to face with the god of death. The robed deity stood before the last dragon in all his malice. Death lifted its blade, but all Rhaegar had to do was say one two words. The words that Syrio had taught him before he changed his face.

"Today!" Rhaegar shouted, instantly realizing he forgot the word 'Not.'

He did not live the next day.

(Crackpot warning) Danny. In the hotu Danny isnt sure if Reg is talking to her or Elia when he says the dragon needs three heads. Bran has shown us it maybe might be possible to communicate with the past through magic.

As he died he looks up and says a woman's name. What if he sees Danny through Targ magic (like the candles) and its her name he says (probably in confusion).

(Note: I read the op and understand that this is not what the thread is about. But this is what I thought when I saw the title. The answer to the op is most likely Elia right before he left KL.)

Eta typo

(Crackpot warning) Danny. In the hotu Danny isnt sure if Reg is talking to her or Elia when he says the dragon needs three heads. Bran has shown us it maybe might be possible to communicate with the past through magic.

As he died he looks up and says a woman's name. What if he sees Danny through Targ magic (like the candles) and its her name he says (probably in confusion).

(Note: I read the op and understand that this is not what the thread is about. But this is what I thought when I saw the title. The answer to the op is most likely Elia right before he left KL.)

Eta typo

The app already said that it was Lyanna's name that Rhaegar said.

In one of the books we find that Rhaegar returned to KL to assume command of Aerys' host after he was AWOL for several months (we know he was at the TOJ w/Lyanna). From there, he took the host meet Robert and his forces, meeting his fate on the Trident.

Do I think Rhaegar visited Elia when he returned to KL? I would like to think so, if for no other reason than he wanted to see his children.

Robert

Rarely have I missed the "like this post" button more than I do Right Now.

As for the OP's intended question of "see last between Lyanna and Elia", I suspect we'll eventually get our answer in the text, whenever the rest of that big revelation drops. Currently I'm leaning towards Lyanna. Just intuition.

Rhaegar's last stop before the Trident was KL, sure. But thing is, Elia and the children were practically held hostage by Aerys, so Rhaegar seeing them would depend on whether Aerys would have allowed it. Given how little we know of the relationship between father and son, I'd say it could have gone either way.

Archived