Does anyone find Magaery's accusations pointless?

Lady Winter Rose

Couldn't King Tommen intervene, granting a pardon to one or both of the Queens?

"But Ser Pounce doesn't want Margery to die!"

That wouldn't sew any heads back on.

And it's something the Small Council tried to avoid in the first place in Margaery's case, as it would cement the accusations as the truth.

He could. He could even proclaim their innocence, without their being a trial, as Mace Tyrell suggests in respect of Margaery.

We would be fools to trust the Tyrells and I have a hard time believing Margeary is as pure as the wind driven snow. She is her Grandmother's protege after all.

still, the fornicating seems off, I mean, Kettleback couldn't even get close to her without all her cousins and people around, so I just really, really doubt it.

My prediction: Cersei sends in Robert Strong as her champion. The Faith sends in the Hound, who "died" in the riverlands and was reborn by the faith. They kill each other and Cersei is proclaimed innocent. But it doesn't matter because...

Margery is found guilty of fornication, though not on any of the charges Cersei accused her of. The Tyrells march on KL, having allied with Aegon and Dorne, and destroy all Lannister strength in the city and kill Cersei. Thoughts?

I'd really like to have Margaery's POV. I think she's pretty sly and cunning, and was implicated both in murdering Joffrey (for which I don't blame her) and framing Sansa (for which I do). Cersei's right to regard her as a threat, although her plot to destroy her was inept. I don't know if she's the sort of person who would go to the Block in order to save the rest of her family, or if she'd try to save her own life by implicating other family members in the murder plot.

Joffrey was a bad king, but from what Margaery knew he did not deserve to be killed. To kill her husband on her wedding night, whilst smiling at his brother and mother is pretty bad in my book. Whilst she pretends to be be friendly about Tommen, she has killed his brother.

Loras is the Tyrell I think was not involved. Garlan seemed like a good man, but if he was involved would lose respect for him.

Margaery could be found guilty, because of the Martell and Varys influence. If anyone knows the truth it would be Varys and he might drop the information to the right person.

Joffrey was a bad king, but from what Margaery knew he did not deserve to be killed. To kill her husband on her wedding night, whilst smiling at his brother and mother is pretty bad in my book. Whilst she pretends to be be friendly about Tommen, she has killed his brother.

Loras is the Tyrell I think was not involved. Garlan seemed like a good man, but if he was involved would lose respect for him.

Margaery could be found guilty, because of the Martell and Varys influence. If anyone knows the truth it would be Varys and he might drop the information to the right person.

Even Littlefinger admits it was a preemptive strike to take him out. They heard tons of rumours from LF's men, and then reaffirmed them with Sansa, and probably heard about how the riot kicked off and all sorts of other nasty stuff. Say what you like about preemptive strikes, but it's not like he was a good kid. I don't have any problem with it, and if Garlan was involved, well, ya, not as honourable as I thought but things would have worked out better if Ned was that flexible, morally, I mean.

still, the fornicating seems off, I mean, Kettleback couldn't even get close to her without all her cousins and people around, so I just really, really doubt it.

I think Margaery is far too shrewd to have committed adultery, but who knows? She's a teenager, after all.

It's not unlikely that the Cersei wins a not-guilty verdict in her trial. Doubt that many knights would prevail against Robert Strong, although it's not certain how good a fighter he actually is now. One thing in his favor is super-strong armor, so even if he's slow and clumsy he'd be hard to kill (again).

Marg is a more complex issue. There will be politics involved in the trial, for sure. The one certain fact is that the Tyrells have not one, but two armies in the area, and they could make any attempt to execute Marg more costly for the Faith than they could accept, to the point of having the High Sparrow's head on a spike along with those of his supporters. Not a lot Bonifer Hasty and his Holy Hundred could do against Lord Randyll and several thousand Tyrell knights and men at arms.

A thing to consider is that technically, Tommen had Margaery et al arrested in the first place. He signed some blank warrents and Cersei filled them in later without saying who they were for out of kindness. Tommen can't act reliably for his own interest yet; he's a pawn. And he's not even any single faction's pawn.

Even Littlefinger admits it was a preemptive strike to take him out. They heard tons of rumours from LF's men, and then reaffirmed them with Sansa, and probably heard about how the riot kicked off and all sorts of other nasty stuff. Say what you like about preemptive strikes, but it's not like he was a good kid. I don't have any problem with it, and if Garlan was involved, well, ya, not as honourable as I thought but things would have worked out better if Ned was that flexible, morally, I mean.

Joffrey was killed not because he was cruel, but because he was cruel and Loras was a KG. I think the QoT comments how it was a recipe for another kingslaying incident.

My prediction: Cersei sends in Robert Strong as her champion. The Faith sends in the Hound, who "died" in the riverlands and was reborn by the faith. They kill each other and Cersei is proclaimed innocent. But it doesn't matter because...

Margery is found guilty of fornication, though not on any of the charges Cersei accused her of. The Tyrells march on KL, having allied with Aegon and Dorne, and destroy all Lannister strength in the city and kill Cersei. Thoughts?

Which Lannister strength? There is barely anything left of it on the entire continent, and none in KL. Ser Robert Strong is likely to be the single "guy" who could be called Lannister strength inside 200 miles.

Joffrey was killed not because he was cruel, but because he was cruel and Loras was a KG. I think the QoT comments how it was a recipe for another kingslaying incident.

I think she may still have done it, but there's no evidence to support that theory. She does seem to love her granddaughter and regardless of Loras being a KG, I don't think she would let Joff ever beat up Marge, which seemed likely to happen at some point.

I am guessing that Tyene Sand in her cozing up with the High Septon is going to set it up so Margaery is found guilty, thus ensuring more chaos that assists Aegon and the Martells.

Agree. Her death would end the Lannister/Tyrell alliance, further weakening their hold on the throne and make any Martell plans easier. I believe she is going to lose her trial.

Kind of an interesting parallel because Jaime tells himself that Loras was a lot like him at the same age.

Kind of an interesting parallel because Jaime tells himself that Loras was a lot like him at the same age.

Thanks for bringing up my favorite pet theory. Loras is the Valonqar, and when Cersei goes the Mad Queen route and tries to burn down KL, Loras will stop her and become the Queenslayer.

Archived