Does anyone find Magaery's accusations pointless?

Lady Winter Rose

According to GRRM there will be a lot of kings on the iron throne before all this is over. If Cersei is found guilty, Tommen is no longer king and Margeary no longer queen (Mace must know that). We also know everyone is getting closer together as the end game is getting closer, could be a good way to get Sansa in play, she is one of the few that could get Tyrion acquitted for regicide. The next in line is Stannis, perhaps Aegon will get a chance on the iron chair before the end game. I don't think its predictable but I'm looking forward to the results.

Does Margaery's trial really matter? If Cersei loses her trial, Tommen loses the Throne, and Stannis becomes King (unless he is really dead, in which case Shireen inherits the throne). If Tommen and Myrcella are bastards, the Tyrells have no interest in supporting him and the Lannister-Tyrell alliance falls apart. Margaery's trial probably never happens since she's not even a queen anymore.

I believe she's innocent, but I really do hope they find her guilty nonetheless, with a little help from my main man Varys.

Preferably they behead her, and after that I'd keep my fingers crossed that the show eventually faithfully translates it to the screen.

Natalie Dormer playing two queens who both get beheaded? Frickin' priceless. :cheers:

They weren't pointless. Cersei's original plan was to eliminate Margaery(Who she saw as competition for her son) and Jon (For being Ned's son and ceding Stannis the Nightfort). She wanted Osney Kettleblack to confess to having sex with Margaery to get her killed. When that was done, he would go to the Wall and murder Jon

Archived