Blood of Dragons 2.0

Westeros

As of August 1st, 2013, Blood of Dragons has become what we refer to as “Blood of Dragons 2.0”, although it must be stressed that the name of the game will not be changed to reflect this.

What this entails is that certain characters and certain elements of the game’s history have been changed to be more in line with new and future canon information. This means that some information that was valid during “Blood of Dragons 1.0” has now become outdated legacy information.

In most cases, the game’s website and the game’s CDB have been updated to reflect the new information. However, we have not edited old Logs, except when edits have only entailed replacing a name with another. As such, all logs submitted prior to August 1st of 2013 display a message at the top, warning the reader that not all information in those logs may be valid for game’s current incarnation.

It is also quite possible that legacy information has survived in other places, though hopefully such issues will be corrected over time.

Information about specific changes will be collected in the article Blood of Dragons 1.0 and 2.0.

Visit the Site!

Wow, there must be lots of info to fish from here!!!! What I've been able to find:

• The Targaryen family tree doesn't change too much, it seems. Now there are the birthdates of Aegon IV, Daeron II and the Dragonknight.
  • House Stark is ruled now by Cregan Stark (b. 108) instead of Brandon Stark (b. 128). It must be the Cregan that fought with the Dragonknight. His father Rickon died at 121, so Cregan is the Lord Stark during the Dance of Dragons. A Lord, and a great swordsman in his prime! Surely we'll hear about him in "The Princess and the Queen"
  • Not only that, but Lord Stark's old wife from House Dustin has been replaced by Cregan's three wives including one from House Blackwood. Since a daughter of the couple marries back to the heir of House Blackwood, if this is canon that would make the current Blackwoods part Stark. Amazingly, Bloodraven himself could even be 1/4th Stark!! (Marian was born at 140, Bloodraven at 175)
  • The Blackwood tree has also been heavily changed, to include the Marian Stark marriage. Also, a new Lord Blackwood called Bloody Ben has been added. He was born at 117, making very likely that he earned his nickname during the Dance of Dragons.
  • Lord Edgar Arryn (b. 127) is transformed to Jonothor Arryn (b. 127). His family remains more or less the same save for the addition of his late father Lord Joffrey Arryn (b. 100), "once Knight of the Bloody Gate, a most unlikely heir (d. 151)". The fact that he is an "unlikely heir" makes me suspect that lots of Arryns died in the Dance, supporting Rhaenyra.
  • The name of the Lord Tyrell that was killed at Dorne during the war has changed from Garvys to Lyonel. Lyonel's father has also been added: Lord LorasTyrell (b. 109, d. 129) he died in the first year of the Dance!
  • We had a Lord Lorent Hightower (b. 110) married to Lady Sybell Reyne. Now we have a Lord Lyonel Hightower (b. 114) married to Samantha Tarly "called Sam, a famously headstrong, once Lord Lyonel's step-mother, then his paramour for 13 years". This is surprising! Again, Lyonel and Sam should have an active role during the Dance.
  • Lord Jandren Celtigar (b. 107) becomes Clement Celtigar (b. 107), and Lord Aldron Darry (b. 107) becomes Roland Darry (b. 107)
  • Apparently the other families, including Lord Loren Lannister, Lady Tinessa Tully, Lord Vickon Greyjoy, Lord Corwen Baratheon and Prince Marence Martell remain as they were.

ETA:

• House Beesbury is interesting. The name of the Lord hasn't changed. Before we had "his father, {Lord Bertram} (b. 92), killed in the Dance of the Dragons (d. 130),", while now we have "his father, {Lord Alan} (b. 92), died in captivity during the Dance of the Dragons (d. 130)," No mention of Lord Lyman Beesbury, although perhaps Lyman is killed in 129, and Alan inherits the lordship only to die next year.
  • In fact, no nembers of the Small Council during the Princess and the Queen seem to be alive. No mention of Otto Hightower or Tyland Lannister in the trees of the respective families. The kingsguard is also completely renewed, and queen Alicent is nowhere to be seen. It seems that "everyone dies", or close to it.

ETA:

• Great find! House Marbrand's entry states: {Ser Lorent} (b. 90), Lord Commander of the Queensguard, killed by rioters (d. 130)

I assume that it must have beenreally complicated, trying to make it all fit. Great work here! And I see how some things are impossible to change at this point.

But at least the changes you have introduced should "make it come closer to the truth", so I'll take what is given! :)

Some things that I could gather about my beloved king.

Aegon is in fact seven years older than his cousin king Daeron.

His triste with FAlena Stokeworth started probably when he was 16-17 and he was 18 when he started having a relationship with Merry Megg and that relationship lasted until he was 23. He had 4 girls with her. Everyone in his possy knew about this, but no one else. Tyrion couldnt keep his whore Shae a secret for more than three months.

Aegon the Unworthy was around 21 when he started a relationship with Cassella Vaith, who was 13-14 when it started and she had two children with him. Aegon took great care in choosing Cassella Vaith. He wanted to have a misstress that he could use to humiliate Dorne and gain popularity in Kingslanding without any retaliation. LOrd Vaith was also a hostage in the red keep and was 18.

He had a lot of patience to have an affair with his cousin Daena. He was 34 and she was 25. He waited nine years into King Baelor's reign to give him horns. He only gave him horns when Baelor was starving on his year long deathbed. By doing this, he cemented baelor's embarrassment without any retribution from him.

On Melissa Blackwood, King Aegon proved even more political brilliance. When Aegon is near 40 years old he starts courting Mellissa Blackwood. Melissa Blackwood is eight years younger than her siblings, and would have been a pain to find a suitable marriage match for. Aegon comes into the rescue and makes her a royal mistress and names a pair of tits after her in Bracken land. While her parents may have beeen mad, they were near sixty at the time and probably near death. THus any retribution that couldve occurred didnt.

From the looks of it Aegon the Unworthy was a skilled manipulator and diplomant from all evidence given.

Can't really confirm or deny specifics, but quite a few of those speculations are rather incorrect. In some cases, due to non-canon information being mixed in there.

Well, you probably shouldn't be. But either way, don't want anyone assuming that all the information is canon, when quite a bit isn't.

When reading the MUSH forum, I sometimes wonder how GRRM feels about the inevitable MUSH non-canon history and art that gets produced in the course of setting up a (good) game, as compared to fanfiction, which he opposes.

Has he ever expressed his feelings about this anywhere?

He has approved our game, actually, so he obviously doesn't see much similarity between roleplay and writing fan fiction. As to artwork, outside of character portraits, don't think I've ever really seen any art inspired by a MUSH.

He hasn't ever actually been tempted (or tempted himself) into playing a game, has he?

I know that he avoids reading a lot of the threads on this site to avoid having his story get influenced by stuff like our heresy thread, discussions about what we want to happen, etc. Art is not a democracy, etc - but if you read enough of your fans, you might start to think like them.

But how much deeper the influence if you're playing a game, as a character or GM? He's gone into some depth about how he's into roleplaying other tabletops - he actually did a really cool interview with Nerdist recently, describing how his best sessions as Game Master were the sessions where no dice ever got rolled; he has a very story-driven style of GM'ing. And he's played a lot of tabletop while writing the books, over the past many years.

But if he played in a MUSH set in Westeros, I can't help but imagine it bleeding into his writing, no?

As to artwork, outside of character portraits, don't think I've ever really seen any art inspired by a MUSH.

My ex-gm used to illustrate every character, even minor ones. He was a professional comic artist, so they were quite good, and it established a lot by way of atmosphere. I would also google up images of characters and locations. We even once modified a music track to be the theme of a mosque my character used as a haunt.

That kind of art effects you. I still play the music from time to time, it brings me back into the story, much as The Nationals version of Rains makes all of us readers think of... weddings.

I think he may have said once that it sounded interesting but dangerous. ;) In terms of eating up time, that is.

One of the key differences is that canon characters from the period we use are not used as player characters. They are background characters and as far as is possible, we minimize the non-canon events that they take part in. Obviously, we had to have our own spin on some known canon events since we only had sketchy details, but largely they are treated as part of the setting and not as roleplay characters.

Though yeah, it isn't entirely true that there's no art produced for MUSHes. Character portraits are pretty common. We've had a few done by players over the years.

Well, I'm just reading through the entries of the various houses and now I'm finding this:

'his father, {Lord Torrhen [Manderly]} (b. 100), Lord of White Harbor, once a regent and Hand of the King, found dead in his sleep (d. 139)'

This seems to indicate that Lord Torrhen Manderly served as Lord Regent and Hand of the King to Aegon III Targaryen, does it not? That would be surprising indeed.

Edit: Apparently, the same is true for a '{Lord Thaddeus Rowan} (b. 78), Lord of Goldengrove, once regent and Hand of the King (d. 135)'.

This really is confusing. If Viserys II is actually born in 119 AC, then Aegon III has to be born in that same year or in 118, which would make him a man grown as early as early as 134-5. Quite a lot of regents for a rather short period of time, especially since Aegon's III Lord Regent supposedly was a Lord Velaryon, the father to his second queen.

Apparently some stuff about House Lannister has been updated:

'his father, {Lord Jason} (b. 96), Ser Tyland's twin, killed in the Dance of the Dragons (d. 129)'

and Ser Tyland apparently ended up as (one of?) the Hand(s) of Aegon II:

'{Ser Tyland} (b. 96), Lord Jason's twin, Hand of the King, dead of the Winter Fever (d. 134)'

Archived