Similarities between Jaime and Jon

Nephenee

Has anyone else noticed that Jaime and Jon seem to be very similar in terms of personality?

Personality:

1. They're both very romantic individuals: Jon with Ygritte, and Jaime with Cersei. Neither has slept with anyone else.

2. Both have their own code of honor and want to do the right thing. Jaime saved King's Landing and Brienne, and Jon takes care of the wildlings out of the Wall.

3. Neither have much self-control. Both sacrificed their vows to sleep with a woman.

4. Both seemed arrogant and immature in the beginning but they both matured later on.

5. Both are very brave and kinda reckless. Jon barely saved Mormont's life and Jaime barely saved Brienne's.

6. Both are natural leaders.

The similarities don't end there, though. There's also some more:

Strange occurrences:

1. Both are commanders: Jaime of the Kingsguard and Jon of the Night's Watch.

2. Both have compromised right hands: Jon's burnt hand and Jaime's now nonexistent hand.

3. Both are outcasts of some sort. Jon is a bastard and not really liked in the Night's Watch, and Jaime is the Kingslayer.

4. Both are prodigies--Jon became Lord Commander when he was around, what, 15? Jaime joined the Kingsguard at around the same age.

Read this brilliant post for more details.

Hmmm, they could both be descendants of the ancient House Skywalker judging by most of these facts. I feel like a crackpotter now.

The magic is really mediclorians and the force.

Jokes aside, good observation. I have noted most of those too. They do not have the same personality but many similar things about them.

I like them both very much.

Has anyone else noticed that Jaime and Jon seem to be very similar in terms of personality?

Personality:

1. They're both very romantic individuals: Jon with Ygritte, and Jaime with Cersei. Neither has slept with anyone else.

2. Both have their own code of honor and want to do the right thing. Jaime saved King's Landing and Brienne, and Jon takes care of the wildlings out of the Wall.

3. Neither have much self-control. Both sacrificed their vows to sleep with a woman.

4. Both seemed arrogant and immature in the beginning but they both matured later on.

5. Both are very brave and kinda reckless. Jon barely saved Mormont's life and Jaime barely saved Brienne's.

6. Both are natural leaders.

The similarities don't end there, though. There's also some more:

Strange occurrences:

1. Both are commanders: Jaime of the Kingsguard and Jon of the Night's Watch.

2. Both have compromised right hands: Jon's burnt hand and Jaime's now nonexistent hand.

3. Both are outcasts of some sort. Jon is a bastard and not really liked in the Night's Watch, and Jaime is the Kingslayer.

4. Both are prodigies--Jon became Lord Commander when he was around, what, 15? Jaime joined the Kingsguard at around the same age.

At their core Jaime and Jon extremely different actually they are more like on the opposite ends of the spectrum and very similar things happen to them.

At their core Jaime and Jon extremely different actually they are more like on the opposite ends of the spectrum and very similar things happen to them.

I'm not sure at all what you mean by "core." Do you mean personality? I just pointed out a bunch of similarities in the first post. Both started off like brats and matured, and so on.

I'm not sure at all what you mean by "core." Do you mean personality? I just pointed out a bunch of similarities in the first post. Both started off like brats and matured, and so on.

Jaime is completely morally ambiguous that colors everything he does,Which is the opposite of Jon who is almost boringly good.

Jaime is completely morally ambiguous that colors everything he does,Which is the opposite of Jon who is almost boringly good.

Again, I'm not really sure why you're calling Jaime "morally ambiguous" when he purposely saved the lives of 500000 people, ended the siege of the Riverlands diplomatically (another thousands of lives) and saved Brienne from a bear even though he was completely unarmed. Jaime's done a lot, a lot more good than Jon.

And seriously, whenever someone makes a Jaime thread all people can do is whine about how he pushed Bran off a window. But that action was obviously for the sake of Tommen, Myrcella, Cersei and himself, and it's obvious to anyone with intelligence that those lives in total are worth more than Bran's.

Archived