The Greyjoys or the Martells?

Ser Luke.

Martells. I don't care for the Ironborn at all, and the Martells will probably always have a soft spot in my heart for Oberyn...even if most of the family tends to bore me. Though there are two Sandsnakes that sound like they could be interesting- the one with the harem and the poisoner. Besides, I love the Daynes and they got be showing up more in the Martells storyline eventually.

Well, if I were to rank the members of both Houses based on how much I like them:

1. Asha

2. Oberyn

3. Theon

4. Victarion

5. Quentyn

6. Arianne

7. Aeron

8. Trystane

9. Balon

10. Doran

11. Euron

Using a points system of giving the winner 11 points, and one point less for each position below that (so 2nd gets 10 points, 3rd gets 9 points all the way down to 11th gets 1 point), it comes out as:

House Greyjoy: 37 points

House Martell: 29 points

So, in conclusion, I like the Greyjoys more.

Great idea!

My favorite (Ironborn of course)

1. Victarion

2. Theon

3. Euron

4. Aeron

5. Quentyn

6. Oberyn

7. Asha

8. Trystane

9. Doran

10. Arianne

11. Balon

Greyjoy: 44

Martell: 22

The Ironborn are more badass, interesting and overall relevant than the Dornish

Perhaps the main reason why I like the Ironborn is the fact that their honest about their way of life. Yes, they rape and plunder but so does everybody else in Planetos. Those others feel the need to hide behind such flimsy concepts like chivalry and knighthood, while the Ironborn don't.

Two houses that became much more important in A Feast for Crows. Which of these houses do you prefer?

I'm going to have to go with the controversial choice and say i think the Greyjoy men are far more interesting and badass than the Martells. Oberyn was one hell of an awesome character, but after his death the Dornish stuff was never really that interesting to me.

For the Iron Islands, we've got Aeron, Victarion, Theon, Asha, and Euron, who are all great characters. In fact, I even find Aeron to be incredibly underrated. I think he's quite complex and I'm looking forward to learning more about him in TWOW. On the other hand, the only two characters I really like who are Martells would be Oberyn and Doran, one of which is dead.

The Greyjoys are also all in currently intense situations. Euron is raiding the Reach, Victarion is heading towards Dany, Theon and Asha are Stannis' captives, and who knows what the hell Aeron is up to :dunno:

Meanwhile, the Martells aren't doing much of anything. Does anybody really give a damn about Darkstar? :lol:

So which house do you guys prefer? I'm interested to find out.

exactly.

i started.as show only.and therefore hated.the ironborn with a passion.

aeron was weird to me at first but vic turned that around. euron us not bad either

and I'm dying to know whats gonna happen with theon 2.0.

oh and i hated arianne from the first time i read about her. her making the man abandon his vows and the whole concept of making myrcella queen. i kinda like the the sand.snakes but i cannot tell them apart.

Theon is my second favourite character in the whole series, Asha is really cool as well. Apart from that you have Euron who could potentially be the Joker, which would be cool and the Reader who I love, but he seems to be the antithesis of the Ironborn. This brings me onto their culture, it's the most backwards in Westeros, while Dorne has the most forward thinking, accepting culture. Victarion is the worst POV in the whole thing, impossible to empathise with and really boring as well, Balon was a dick to everyone and while Aeron gives a few interesting insights into Ironborn culture he still a miserable bigot.

The Greyjoys have fully got their ridiculous plan into swing and that has made them seem more interesting while the Martells plotted, but but soon the Sandsnakes will be in KL and Arienne will be with (F)Aegon and then we'll see what shit will hit the fan.

Martells all the way.

Theon is my second favourite character in the whole series, Asha is really cool as well. Apart from that you have Euron who could potentially be the Joker, which would be cool and the Reader who I love, but he seems to be the antithesis of the Ironborn. This brings me onto their culture, it's the most backwards in Westeros, while Dorne has the most forward thinking, accepting culture. Victarion is the worst POV in the whole thing, impossible to empathise with and really boring as well, Balon was a dick to everyone and while Aeron gives a few interesting insights into Ironborn culture he still a miserable bigot.

The Greyjoys have fully got their ridiculous plan into swing and that has made them seem more interesting while the Martells plotted, but but soon the Sandsnakes will be in KL and Arienne will be with (F)Aegon and then we'll see what shit will hit the fan.

Martells all the way.

Yeah, as much as I love the Greyjoys, Balon just sucked. Disagree about what you said for Victarion though. He may not be the smartest, but he's a fun read,

Yeah, as much as I love the Greyjoys, Balon just sucked. Disagree about what you said for Victarion though. He may not be the smartest, but he's a fun read,

I honestly don't get how everyone thinks Victarion chapters are fun to read, he just moans about how shit it was to have to beat his wife to death then shags his mute prostitute before congratulating himself on how he is going to fuck over Euron, it's boring and he's a massive dick.

OP- How can you say House Martell isn't really doing anything right now? Arianne is on the move to find out about Aegon, and the Sand Snakes (Yes, counting them as Martells') all have specific, interesting quests they are about to begin.

Not big on the Martells but the Greyjoys are a waste of protein. The house motto says that they do no useful work. They despise paying for things, preferring armed robbery (paying the iron price). Basically a crew of parasites. Cartoonish parasites. There are a few exceptions, like the Reader, but those are not respected among the Ironborn.

OP- How can you say House Martell isn't really doing anything right now? Arianne is on the move to find out about Aegon, and the Sand Snakes (Yes, counting them as Martells') all have specific, interesting quests they are about to begin.

Martells are one of 2 great houses to have made 0 military advancements through 5 books forgive us if some of us don't find them very interesting. They may become more interesting in future books but they are far and away the most boring storyline in the books. Nothing of note has happened in Dorne so far. We could have no knowledge of any of the dornish storyline and not be greatly effected. Oberyn was cool......and that's it.

Martells. I don't care for the Ironborn at all, and the Martells will probably always have a soft spot in my heart for Oberyn...even if most of the family tends to bore me. Though there are two Sandsnakes that sound like they could be interesting- the one with the harem and the poisoner. Besides, I love the Daynes and they got be showing up more in the Martells storyline eventually.

The poisoner is Tyene, I assume. She's actually portrayed as being potentially the most dangerous one.

There's a passage that describes Oberyn as the snake, but Doran as the grass that hides the snake - apparently harmless. Tyene is both. She's soft-spoken and polite, but the appearance hides a deadly schemer.

There's another passage where Tyene asks for Doran's blessing. This is when he and the Sand Snakes weren't on good terms with one another. So he puts his hand on her head and the instant she leaves the room the Maester freaks out in near panic. What if she had concealed a poisoned barb in her hair?! He inspects Doran's hand and finds no puncture mark.

That's what you're dealing with in the Sand Snakes.

Yes, and I'm sure that will turn out as good as Quentyn's mission and Arianne's queenmaking plot. :rolleyes:

Archived